• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 5 ton 6x6 from Fort Bragg to Seattle

Alaskaboy

Just acquired a 5 ton 6x6 and am wondering if anyone is interested in driving it to Seattle from Fort Bragg and how much they would charge? It is the "van truck" and is 13 feet tall 30 feet long and 8feet 2 inches wide.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it maintained and roadworthy?

Registered and insured?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it maintained and roadworthy?

If it's not and something grenades, you're looking at a potential tow/repair bill that will make the shipping cost look like a blue light special! Think about it carefully.

MtnSnow

I would have gone with the 6K bid to have it trucked from one side of the country to the other (2900 miles) as that is about 2 bucks a mile and is a fair rate charge. Or even better bought one from Washington or another state closer... If it is truly road worthy your still looking at 1700 bucks in fuel costs at 7 mpg then factor in hotel & meal expenses and then the big what-if happens...

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have gone with the 6K bid to have it trucked from one side of the country to the other (2900 miles) as that is about 2 bucks a mile and is a fair rate charge. Or even better bought one from Washington or another state closer... If it is truly road worthy your still looking at 1700 bucks in fuel costs at 7 mpg then factor in hotel & meal expenses and then the big what-if happens...
M934 and m934A1 probably won't get 7mpg. I get 6 mpg in my M925.

I've recovered several M934s with the NH250 and got 4-5mpg out of them cruising at highway speeds in varied terrain.

PM sent. (For all interested parties, yes it was an offer - $2 per loaded mile. )

MtnSnow

Then at 5 mpg your adding another 500 or so dollars to the fuel costs..

Glad I have been getting close to 8.5 mpg out of my M923A2 when cruising at around 50-55 mph on highway 89 from SLC to Ogden Utah but it will drop to 6.5-7 mpg when pushing 60mph and then down to 5 mpg at 65+

Very nice/fair offer of $2 per loaded mile

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
honestly, I was just at the lot today, helping out another ss member pick up his... he's driving, his is about the only 934 I'd see doing great, one other might make it, the 3rd... I'd haul to my APT 5 miles away...

Alaskaboy

Not sure about road worthiness yet, haven't been there to check it out. You're right when you said I should have bought one in Washington but when I was bidding, all the ones there went before I could up my bid so I bid on the next one that came up and just my luck I was high bidder on one in NC. Hahaha. Although it says 333 miles on the odometer, I wonder if that is true? The tach says 1600 hours. But there is a tag on it that says the engine was rebuilt in 2008 too. I am seriously thinking about the $2 per mile offer too. By the way, does anyone know if this truck is what they call "expansible"? That would be pretty cool if it is.

Not sure about road worthiness yet, haven't been there to check it out. You're right when you said I should have bought one in Washington but when I was bidding, all the ones there went before I could up my bid so I bid on the next one that came up and just my luck I was high bidder on one in NC. Hahaha. Although it says 333 miles on the odometer, I wonder if that is true? The tach says 1600 hours. But there is a tag on it that says the engine was rebuilt in 2008 too. I am seriously thinking about the $2 per mile offer too. By the way, does anyone know if this truck is what they call "expansible"? That would be pretty cool if it is.
I have had many trucks/tractors/equipment hauled. $2 mile is dirt cheap. Most guys want $4 mile for something that size/height. Jump all over it. Or pay the penalty to govplanet. I once paid the penalty to gsa and it was $325.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks