• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 5 ton 6x6 from Fort Bragg to Seattle

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
idahomotorpool.com

they may have one for sale. Shoot pick up a trailer while your at it!
ok, you managed to post this at the exact right time... they were literally maybe 10 miles south of here when I texted them... by now they're probably enjoying a root beer float at the A&W waiting for someone to open up... or rack out and do it tomorrow... not sure of the plan... but man... talk about timing!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update... amazing technology... no ladders at Idaho motor pool, but they have a lead on one possibly in Seattle.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys wwill check it out. Just left Twin Falls Idaho on the last leeg of the journey.
A HUGE THANKS TO BIKEMAN for taking the time to look things up and reach out to the SS gang for answers when we had trouble.

We are not there yet but hopefully no more issues.
Running at a steady 2200 rpm doing 58-60 mph power seems to improve as we go.
Transfer case max speed is 55... You'll notice it takes am act of god to get from 55 to 60 vs 50 to 55...
Dont over speed the transfer case.

Call me when you get in town... I got a place you can ****, shower, and shave..

Or we can grab a beer or something and compare notes.

Did you get your registration taken care of?

Alaskaboy

The truck is loaded on the barge and Carl and I are sitting at the airport waiting for our flight home.
it was a heck of a trip and I'm already kinda missing it but time to get back to reality.
once i get rested up and caught up on everything that had to wait till after this trip, i will post an account of the whole deal.
Once again, thanks for all the help, tips, and advise. If it wasn't for you guys we would probably be stuck somewhere waiting for help.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
My dash plate reads 63mph
Well you don't have a base model truck with 1100R20s on it. That was the safe speed limit on the A0s.

A1s and A2s were given 63mph cause that is the 8mph speed increase for the same RPM for the increased tire size.

PyroJoe

Well you don't have a base model truck with 1100R20s on it. That was the safe speed limit on the A0s.

A1s and A2s were given 63mph cause that is the 8mph speed increase for the same RPM for the increased tire size.
Still never answered my question. Where does the 55mph t-case restriction come from??? Plenty of guys out there driving 65-70 on these, myself included. Never had a t-case problem.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Still never answered my question. Where does the 55mph t-case restriction come from??? Plenty of guys out there driving 65-70 on these, myself included. Never had a t-case problem.
Maybe he misunderstood. But 55 is the max speed on a dual tire truck due to the rpms

Yes you can run faster. Ive ran up to 95mph in a 923 when it still had the T1138 in it.. I've done it. Several times for distance too. I just recommend a cooler and synthetic gear oil

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
This thread is also from 2015 when these trucks started being a big part of the hobby and not everyone had been around them long

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You brought up a 7 yr old thread to complain about the phrasing on a warning placard ?

:rolleyes:

PyroJoe

You brought up a 7 yr old thread to complain about the phrasing on a warning placard ?

:rolleyes:
No - if you can read plain English, I was asking where you were getting a transfer-case rating of 55mph from.
7 years. 7 days. 7 months. Age of a thread really doesn't have anything to do with anything. That's why we have forums, so we can archive info for people to find in the future.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Fair question from an older thread.

The manufacturer has made the recommendation for equipment installed. For longevity the plate has specific information, now what happens while the rating drives depends on the task at hand.

But what specifically are you looking for, PyroJoe? A challenge?

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 934 A0 likes to cruse at 50. I have pushed it to 60 but that last 10 MPH cost me big MPG. Last year on convoy I averaged 9.3 MPG. This was over 3,300 miles mostly at 35 MPH. I desplined the front wheels and I think this helps. I don’t like to push this truck over 50. It just cruses so nice at 50…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks