• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 5 ton 6x6 from Fort Bragg to Seattle

Alaskaboy

Well guys, the wife is starting to think maybe its too big for our plans and maybe we should sell it. If we decide not to go through with it, would anyone be interested in buying it? Im still trying to convince her it will work, but she is nervous about the whole thing(now that im already here to pick it up lol). We have around $7000 into it now with airfares, insurance, registration, rental car, fuel, misc stuff. We could deliver it almost anywhere for a price or you could pick it up here.
Hopefully she decides to keep it, who knows with women lol. It's 05:00 here in NC now and it's 01:00 at home so in around 4 or 5 hours i will have her answer. I'm really looking forward to this trip so i hope she does'nt back out.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, They are at Continental Tire in Fayetteville right now, looks like 2 bad tubes (spare and Rear Front axle inside drivers side tire ....... hopefully that makes sense) are repaired. dealing with a stuck brake. passed along tips from here about reversing to brake loose and tapping with a hammer (don't know if they can get to it). will update if I hear anything.

Plans... maybe... for the truck are a mobile studio for the wife up there... if not, they may sell (she's concerned about it being too big). NOTE: his wife, not mine. lol.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I caught their tail end passing me by as I pulled out from the hospital (normal appt, not an emergency). They got on the road about 2 hours ago.

After a long day picking up some stuff in Jacksonville, NC, we went home and unhooked the trailer/unloaded. Then got my friends trailer and went to Kernersville to pick up some stuff at the freight terminal. After leaving the freight terminal we saw a M934a1 at the local sheetz (gas station). I had seen this post earlier so figured it might have been him. We turned around and I went inside, found the guy with a camo hat, and asked if he had the army truck. Sure enough it was him! Talked for a couple minutes and then I had to hit the road, gave him my number and told him to call if he needed anything, I guess it is going good as I haven't heard from him. He said the stuck brake had just about worn itself down and seemed to be getting better. Looked like a nice truck from what I could see though.

Alaskaboy

Just had the best ribeye ever at aplace called Ranch House Diner in Snowville utah. Mmmmm.
Btw does anyone know what would cause one tail light to constantly over heat and burnout while all the other bulbs are fine?

Alaskaboy

Thanks guys wwill check it out. Just left Twin Falls Idaho on the last leeg of the journey.
A HUGE THANKS TO BIKEMAN for taking the time to look things up and reach out to the SS gang for answers when we had trouble.

We are not there yet but hopefully no more issues.
Running at a steady 2200 rpm doing 58-60 mph power seems to improve as we go.

Alaskaboy

I know Eric put a post up but i thought i would put it here too. Kinda ummm backed over my ladder today. My copilot didnt tell me had it out when i got fuel and when i went to park i drug it around whithout knowing it and went back into a parking spot and CRUNCH! Yeah yeah yuk it up guys im sure im not the first. LOL
Anyway is there anyone along I84 from boise to seattle who wants to sell one? And maybe the left rear door too? Call me at 907-617-5951

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
idahomotorpool.com

they may have one for sale. Shoot pick up a trailer while your at it!
Ohhhh.... this is an AWESOME idea. I didn't even think of it... I don't know how far you may have to detour though... call them first thing in the morning. I just sent you a text with their info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks