• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland SS Chapter

HeadWizard

This is getting better and better!! If there is a intrest I can go to the Stoney Creek Gun club and see if we can do something there. Anybody here shoot some skeet? ;)
I'm in if I'm in town. Skeet, 5-stand, clays or trap is fine with me just about any time.

If we rotate the meets, we could roll into crowded Fairfax,VA and meet at the Legion Post 177. That would be a sight!

powerhouseduece

I'm in if I'm in town. Skeet, 5-stand, clays or trap is fine with me just about any time.

If we rotate the meets, we could roll into crowded Fairfax,VA and meet at the Legion Post 177. That would be a sight!
I think that the best trap shoot's are In lock Raven and the one in Beltsville, right by Ft. Meade and the goddard center

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Let me know,I have 20 acres right on the MD-PA line. Plenty of room for truck parking. We can fire up the grill ,have some beverages, shoot some guns. If its raining or snowing we can hang out in the shop.

rfischba1

Bruce, I will stop by the centers office, its paroled by US Park and Forest service officers, I do not thing we could travel off road. Most of the closed area is used for hunting, and yhis time of the year its full of hunters. I've slipped off road a couple of time entering from Fort Meade, but got cought the last time by a ranger who said they had 4 cars searching for me. Got me as I was leaving the Park entrance, luck I was wearing my old fatigues and they thought I was active military, good thing they didnt spot my Historic tags. My MV club the WAC/G&G MTV does a yearly trail ride at Green Ridge State Pk. no fee, and they have miles of off road trails.

powerhouseduece

Let me know,I have 20 acres right on the MD-PA line. Plenty of room for truck parking. We can fire up the grill ,have some beverages, shoot some guns. If its raining or snowing we can hang out in the shop.
I was hopeing that you were going to offer us to come to your house. Sounds like a plan to me. At least your shops just big enough to fit all of us there. :roll: Theres nothing wrong with a little overkill. In gonna start calling you shop the "Base" and I hope the my schedule works out with our new meets. I still have some guns to sight in.

powerhouseduece

Ok, now that all the holidays are over with is it time to start planning this out? Where do you think our first meet should be? There is a American legion near me also a VFW. Is there anybody a little further west that has any good spots picked out? Jcappeljr. should your place be the first stop?

Crazyguypa

Who got that MKT?? LOL.

I was going to bid at the one at Ft. Meade but it got too high for me. That would have been sweet! :stir pot:
I got that one out of FT. Meade. Just picked up the ovens on New Year's Eve in Mechanicsburg. They had all the utensils, can opener, both pots, manuals and some other stuff. The Mkt is almost complete. Just need to wire up some lights and speakers for the stereo.

You just gotta have music playing :grin:

Frank

powerhouseduece

Thanks for rubbing it in.......... j/k it looked good and was going to get it eccpt it went over my price range. i hope that you can bring your soup kitchen to one of our mini-rally's

powerhouseduece

Shift work is a son-of-a-b^cth aint it? I think if we can some time this summer we can have one at Sandy Point state park would be cool buy might be a little to far east for some of you but would be great for a cook out.

Not really. I take the duece up in the woods for firewood but its tight to wheel around in. I do have a cool farmhouse to meet in though. Good place to warm by the fire, grill steaks, drink too much, tell lies. Ellicott City would be fun to convoy through. Plenty of good places to eat and drink. I park on Main Street all the time.

powerhouseduece

Ok fellas, its been a little while so anybody get any good ideas? I know we were all looking foward to David getting home to get togher with us but we cant let that sadden us :cry:. I know is cold here but atleast the weather changes here rapidly. I think a indoor meet would be a little better for this time of year. Any ideas? I know john said that we could use his monster shop but I hope he has time. Still looking to put something togher because I really dont have a life outside of work. It was great meeting some of you guy at davids funeral but very very bad reason for us all to meet face to face. I hope my dad can pull this togher like he did for David! (you did darn good on that dad!) :-D

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in. Saturdays are best for me (I have baby detail on Sunday), but I could make a Sunday work, too.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ditto but I also have to work the first Saturday and Sunday each month. but then off that Monday and Tuesday. Doubt we would do a weekday.

powerhouseduece

Ditto but I also have to work the first Saturday and Sunday each month. but then off that Monday and Tuesday. Doubt we would do a weekday.

I know how you feel, im off only 1 weekend a month and the same goes for my brother. We work diffrent shifts so when one of us is off the the other is working. Im sure that we could figure something out over the next few months where our schedule's line up. The thing im wondering is where the first meet should be?

Bruce, any good places out your way?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this would fall on a weekend, I might have to convoy up with rsites and dm22630, who live in the same town as I.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks