• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland SS Chapter

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's probably a little far for some of you guys, but I will also offer to host a get together at my place. I've got a fair amount of driveway and lots of (currently) frozen lawn to park on. I do have heat in my building and, although it's not insulated, it stays pretty tolerable. I also have a Coke machine in the shop with soda and beer. My schedule is tight on weekends, but I'm sure I could make a few hours to hang out and talk trucks.:-D

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Folks, how about starting off with a weekend breakfast meeting.

Saturday 21 February in Frederick at the Golden Coral which is less than 1 mile north of I-270 at the same exit. It is on the back side of the Francis Scott Key Mall. More visibility due to the heavier mall traffic and has unlimited parking in the Mall parking lot if we expect a VERY large turn out.

If we want something with slightly less traffic we could go to the south side of I270 to the Cracker Barrel. They have a fairly large parking lot.

Location makes it ok for folks from VA/PA/MD/WV/DC.

Let me know if this is a go.

I will have my deuce by then and hopefully another CUCV. Maybe I'll pull off my best trick yet and drive both there at the same time:-D.

powerhouseduece

Folks, how about starting off with a weekend breakfast meeting.

Saturday 21 February in Frederick at the Golden Coral which is less than 1 mile north of I-270 at the same exit. It is on the back side of the Francis Scott Key Mall. More visibility due to the heavier mall traffic and has unlimited parking in the Mall parking lot if we expect a VERY large turn out.

If we want something with slightly less traffic we could go to the south side of I270 to the Cracker Barrel. They have a fairly large parking lot.

Location makes it ok for folks from VA/PA/MD/WV/DC.

Let me know if this is a go.

I will have my deuce by then and hopefully another CUCV. Maybe I'll pull off my best trick yet and drive both there at the same time:-D.
Sounds great but Im working 3pm-11pm and my brother is working 7am-3pm so Im sure that we wont be able to make it if thats the date. The weekend of the 25 of Feb looks a little better for me for a later meeting because im working 7-3

Crazyguyla

Cracker Barrel!! Good food!! but usually crowded. Golden Corral.. all you can eat and they usually have an area that we could all meet/ eat in :) 21 Feb sounds good, plenty of time to plan for it :)

jmh4x4

love to meet you guys either day would be good. My duece is still locked up in GL land :roll: would love to make frederick its first road trip, but I dont think that will happen.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why don't we choose a few weekends and see when the most people can make it? It sounds like POWERHOUSEDEUCE and HEDELTA cannot make the proposed weekend, but they can make it the 28th. I am available both weekends.

Crazyguyla

Why don't we choose a few weekends and see when the most people can make it? It sounds like POWERHOUSEDEUCE and HEDELTA cannot make the proposed weekend, but they can make it the 28th. I am available both weekends.
That's an idea :) It my not be possible to get to meet everyone on one day. We can try to meet each other over different days.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Hey, I'm flexible just figured I'd throw out the date and see what happened.

I doubt I can do anything earlier than the 21st and will be out of town March 10-22.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good points, guys...not everyone will be able to make every date selected. I can make it whenever is best for the majority.

Scrounger

I’d like to make some of these shindigs also. In case anyone didn’t already know there is a gun show the weekend of the 21st and 22nd at the Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro. I’m committed to be at the show both days, and with how sales are going lately it may prove to be a busy show.

Jakelc15

I have completely missed this thread until today. My wife is one of the bartenders at the American Legion Post 40 in Glen Burnie. I am there alot, sometimes with the Deuce. If anyone wanted to join me for a few drinks and conversation let me know. There is ample parking most nights. But remember drinking and convoying is the same as drinking and driving! There is kareoke on fri & sat.

Feb 21st sounds good for a nice sit down somewhere. I vote cracker Barrel!

Crazyguypa

Well it sounds like there is a bunch of different dates in mind as everyone has very different schedules. Why don't we get a poll going to see what date would work out the best, and then figure out where to meet. Either the weekend of the 21st or 28th works for me.

I like the idea of a get together at Sandy Point. Sounds like a good excuse for a cookout on the beach with the MKT and alot of beer. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks