• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Massachusetts

kastein

Hey, just saw this thread!

I'm in Southbridge. Truck is in Mont Vernon NH till Thursday and possibly a bit later depending on if I manage to fix it completely or not.

kastein

Recovering my truck tonight if all goes as planned... and as it happens, the Bass Pro Shops car show is tomorrow evening in Foxborough. Anyone else planning on going?

KRaiskio

Im from the cape I know Im bringing my Deuce to the fathers day car show in Hyannis sunday. Last year there was another one there and few other MVs. I wish there was a group close.

treeguy

Hey! That was me - the other deuce at the father's day car show. I can't go this year, I have to go to Gloucester for my cousin's wedding. Oh well, I am trying to find other events to go to that arn't too much of a hike with my truck. Glad to see a MA thread to link us together.
KRaiskio, did you paint yours black? I've seen a black one running up and down rt.28 in Cotuit a little while back.

Last edited:

armydad93

hello im not from mass im from rhode island about 30 minutes south from worcester. im looking at government auction site and hoping to buy a working 5 ton duece to drive home and turn it into my camping/hunting home/ bug out vehicle. i havent driven the cargo bodys at all just the 818's and m9 series rigs for the 1207 th trans co out of camp fogerty ri. i d like to get a multi fuel engine and add an hho system to it to increase my range even more. my plan is to add or replace current fuel tanks to increase fuel supply to 150 or 300 max gallon capacity if possible. to work in conjunction with the multifuel hho hydrogen system to get max range out of my mv before needing to stop. and replace the cargo bed with a camper body for survival living comeplete with solar battery system for my sleeping machine. any thoughts on a recomended rig for this would be very helpful i n picking one toserve my needs iwas thinking one with the ctis system but not sure as half the time it's a crapshoot if its working or not. at liest it was at fogerty when i was stationed there.

Kalashnikov

Recovering my truck tonight if all goes as planned... and as it happens, the Bass Pro Shops car show is tomorrow evening in Foxborough. Anyone else planning on going?
Not sure if I'm gonna make it. Work has been rediculous this week, going from New Canaan, CT for a couple days now up to NH tomorrow. My818 needs injectors and so does my M123. :-( Send me a text or a call when you're going and we can meet up there possibly. (five)08 439 272(four). I went through southbridge/sturbridge again today on 84 and ****, I got a second look at the tornado damage. That's pretty ridiculous! Huge highway sign twisted off the highway and into the ground and all the trees!

hello im not from mass im from rhode island about 30 minutes south from worcester. im looking at government auction site and hoping to buy a working 5 ton duece to drive home and turn it into my camping/hunting home/ bug out vehicle. i havent driven the cargo bodys at all just the 818's and m9 series rigs for the 1207 th trans co out of camp fogerty ri. i d like to get a multi fuel engine and add an hho system to it to increase my range even more. my plan is to add or replace current fuel tanks to increase fuel supply to 150 or 300 max gallon capacity if possible. to work in conjunction with the multifuel hho hydrogen system to get max range out of my mv before needing to stop. and replace the cargo bed with a camper body for survival living comeplete with solar battery system for my sleeping machine. any thoughts on a recomended rig for this would be very helpful i n picking one toserve my needs iwas thinking one with the ctis system but not sure as half the time it's a crapshoot if its working or not. at liest it was at fogerty when i was stationed there.
You must be right next to me. I'm in Uxbridge. What town are you from?

ralbelt

Armydad I have a buddy in johnston that has a pretty intensive motor pool, and sometimes he can be persuaded to sell one.

PM me your what you are looking for and I will have him check his inventory.

armydad93

Armydad I have a buddy in johnston that has a pretty intensive motor pool, and sometimes he can be persuaded to sell one.

PM me your what you are looking for and I will have him check his inventory.
looking to build a survival bov camper vehicle for me and my twin children so it will have to be prity good sized money is very tight so im working with a sewing string budget lol. thats why i was looking at auctions i figure a 2.5 long bed or 5 ton long bed would fit needs as well as a multifuel engine as i plan to run used motor oil for fuel from cousins garage

kastein

Not sure if I'm gonna make it. Work has been rediculous this week, going from New Canaan, CT for a couple days now up to NH tomorrow. My818 needs injectors and so does my M123. :-( Send me a text or a call when you're going and we can meet up there possibly. (five)08 439 272(four). I went through southbridge/sturbridge again today on 84 and ****, I got a second look at the tornado damage. That's pretty ridiculous! Huge highway sign twisted off the highway and into the ground and all the trees!
I'm definitely not making it :(

Got the truck home last night :jumpin: BUT it took 5 gallons of oil to make it 75 miles. My oil filter housings are leaking like a sieve because I was in a bad pinch and had to reuse all the gaskets, can't decide if I should try and find a place that has the right replacements (the ones I got with the filters from TNJMurray did not fit the housings... go figure... I don't think they gave me *anything* that was actually exactly right, Erik's/saturn/Boyce/Idaho Motor Pool/m35tom/etc will get my business from now on) or bite the bullet and get a spin-on conversion. Also I *might* have a compression leak somewhere, not sure if it's coming from the head gasket, an exhaust manifold gasket, or if it's just a cyclical leak coming from the oil filter housing or an air line, but it sounds a lot like the motor did right before the head gasket blew last time so I'm very nervous. Not driving it anywhere till I at least fix the oil leak and track down where the hissing is coming from.

Runs great though! And now it's parked on the private road behind my house instead of 75 miles away in a very tolerant friend's front lawn!

My number's 774 922 2854, if you find yourself in the area with some time to burn feel free to drop by for a brew or two (that goes for everyone.) I'm not around during normal business hours generally but I'm usually either home or wheelin' one of the small jeeps on weekends.

Capt.Marion

I just saw this thread myself--I live in Needham (where the Mass Pike and I-95 hit each other) during school season. I'll have to hook up with you guys sometime in August or September when I get back up there. I need my MV fix while at school!

KRaiskio

Yeah Treeguy thats me. Flat black all around..... was hauling 30 leland cyprus from the whoe sale nursery in falmouth to yarmouth for my brother. Ill be at the car show this year too bad you wont be. I met a guy with a 5 ton from the lower cape at the otis open house. It would great to get a group together on cape.

treeguy

Nice, I'm glad that you got to paint it. There is a guy I talked to from here that has a bunch of trucks that lives up on the outer cape. I wonder if your talking about the same guy, I think he said he was a mechanic or a truck driver. What day did you go to Otis, I went on the second day. I was going to bring the truck but decided not to. It would be cool to form a group here on cape. I have an older friend who collects antique cars and also loves MV's. He is off of Willow St. and has a wrecker that currently is a non turbo but is working on installing a trubo LDT from a parts truck he has. I got my winch from that truck and Cuukvee85 got the tranny. I also know of a guy that has a 5T tractor and deuce, there not in great shape and I don't think he's into this stuff. Did you see the guy last year with the mint jeep. He said it was rebuilt in Japan or somewhere and still had bullet holes in it. He talked me into buying a jenny with a trailer from him. Anyway, yea Cape Cod MV's that'd be neat. Have you ever taken yours on the beach? I haven't, I'm afraid it would sink out of sight from the weight. I think Sandy Neck is really soft.

Have fun Sunday!:jumpin:

Last edited:

KRaiskio

The guy I talked to had his 5 ton set up like a camper and mentioned nauset I was going to get a sandy neck sticker but so many are going there with Dennis beaches being so up in the air. Sandy neck is pretty rocky actually. I wanna try **** whats the worse that can happen? You talking about Andy off willow st? I was over there he offered me a winch. I have a line on another one though. Id love another deuce to bob if ya know of someone local willing to sell.

treeguy

Hi 5ton, thats a nice lookin' rig. I'm glad you guys will be able to fill the MV aspect to the Fathers Day Show.

KR., yes that was Andy, yes that winch is now on my truck, no I don't know anyone selling. The other guy that I mentioned (that had the tractor) I already tried. He's the type that keeps everything! I'm also buying the parts truck from Andy for my Top Secret Project (see my other thread).

Yea a crowd at the beach will either boost your ego or piss yer off, if its rocky the truck should be fine. If you get stuck call me and we'll see about taking care of that.

armydad93

anyone know of a mv bone yard in rhode island or mass? i'm looking for my first mv. i have been looking thru the auction. but so far havent found a base close enough to me with anything available im interested in. for a camper 6x6 bov survival rig i want to build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks