• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Massachusetts

Vintage iron

I wanted to post this quote from WarrenD "Welcome to SS. There is an MV show (with flea market) at the Quonsett Air Museum on Sept 24/25 sposored by the RIMVCC. Looks like your not too far from there (closer than me, for sure!). Gilbert is coming up the following Fri/Sat and is one of the largest MV flea markets in the NE." Is anyone here planning to go to either of these shows. I am think of going to Quonsett. :idea:

Oh, yeah! spoke to Paul AKA "The Foot" He has a 10 ton with a dump bed on it, but he is asking $7500. for it. I have his number if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Vintage iron

Oh Man! people should really plan this stuff better. Who is going to these shows and which one is better. I could always use some parts, so I am going to a show with a swap meet. I may have some tires to sell too.

foxtrk2

just a bit of info on th eotis show hearing some greif that there may be a restriction on vehicles being alowed and some reanactor groups are boycotting because of it so check out whats happening before commiting to attend , foxtrk2

foxtrk2

after three years fo working on it i finished my contact maintaniace truck shes a 1963 with winch an dall components working used me units markings from anm to register her here in mass will try to post a few pics shortly foxtrk2

WarrenD

after three years fo working on it i finished my contact maintaniace truck shes a 1963 with winch an dall components working used me units markings from anm to register her here in mass will try to post a few pics shortly foxtrk2
Welcome to SS, Ralph! Glad to see you made it, you should find a good bunch of troops here.

WarrenD

@ Vintage Iron, I plan on being at both the RI show and Gilbert. RI usually has some vendors, but Gilbert has the most of any of the NE shows. I'll be at RI Sat (Sat is usually the better attended day when it comes to 2 day events) as long as the weather co-operates. At Gilbert I'm looking at Sat unless the forecast sucks and then it would be Fri. I'll be hanging out with SrJeeper and Maddawg at the Hooch.
Looks like the 24/25 Sept will be a busy weekend, Camp Edwards has their open house that weekend, too. (No vendors there).

Kalashnikov

I thought Quonsett show was suppose to be the 16/17th? Did it get chnaged?

Is there anyone in the area that would be able to help me adjust my NHC250? I just can't seem to get it right, and I can't stand not driving the truck.

WarrenD

No, Quonset is 9/17 for sure, but I've seen different info that adds Fri 9/16 and others that add Sun 9/18. Trying to find my quoted post to correct. Gilbert is 9/23-24 for sure. RIMVCC needs to get the info out, their website doesn't look to have updated in years.

foxtrk2

ive got the flyer for quonset ri and its printed the 17 th an d18 th they mite let yo uset up fri but nothinf written on th eflyer foxtrk2

Vintage iron

I may go to the show Quonset show tomorrow? Hey foxtrk2 do you want to meet in the morning? I can meet you around Rt 24 or RT 140. My truck is in Bridgewater. Give me a call. Matt 617-650-2108 or anyone else who is going.

Vintage iron

I went to the Quonset Air Museum MV show yesterday. There was a nice turn out. I don't think that they could handle any more vehicles. I spoke to some of the guys who repair the planes and I might make some panels for some of the planes. I will go again next year. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

Vintage iron

I thought I would let everyone from Mass. know I am going to kublos to get tires. Any need parts or tires. Let me know. I may have room on the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks