• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 004a no fault lights working plus more

Guyfang

Staff member
Yes. The float has to be installed to open the Solenoid. You can also jump the pins on J33, (float switch C-Plug) or just hook up the float switch, (much easier) to the J-33 C-Plug, and move the floats up and down by hand, to get things to work. You can take the J36 C-Plug off the L2, (day tank fuel solenoid cut off valve) and move the float for refill the tank, and pin A on J-36 should have 24 VDC. If not, we need to check CR-27 diode. The black box next to the L2.

The pumps should run fast when you crack the first filter. The pumps can send fuel or air, to someplace, an outlet, when the filter is cracked. When the pumps try and pump into the day tank, and the solenoid is closed, then they can not pump fuel.

Crack the first line on the out put side of the fuel pumps. Just a bit, as the pumps can make a big mess, in a short time! Then follow the fuel system all the way to the Day tank. Crack each line/fitting. it bleeds the system, and we can see whats not working.

KLChurch

OK
Pumps running fast and then slow with the float out and unplugged electricity.
Connected the connector to the float and float just hanging outside vertically and pumps never slowed down and filled the day tank.
Started cracking lines all that I could and getting good flow except through the hard line going to the injection pump. Flow but not as good as the other lines and the pumps never raced when I cracked the hard line.
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
OK
Pumps running fast and then slow with the float out and unplugged electricity. This could be because the pumps running fast, only had air. Slowing down because they at last picked up fuel.
Connected the connector to the float and float just hanging outside vertically and pumps never slowed down and filled the day tank. This was because the floats could not swim in fuel. Had you pushed the float in the other direction, then they would have slowed down, as the L2 was turned off. This was with the set in run? Or in S7 battle short?
Started cracking lines all that I could and getting good flow except through the hard line going to the injection pump. Flow but not as good as the other lines and the pumps never raced when I cracked the hard line. Disconnect the lain at the IP, and from the last place up stream. Blow it out with air. See if that helps.
Kris

KLChurch

Ok will do but the hard line opposite from the injection Pump is very hard to get to. So if it is free which I think it is, only gravity feed what would be next? The valve?
Kris

KLChurch

The pumps only run when run and battle is on.
I did crack the IP line and almost took it completely off with run and battle on. Just gravity output from the hard line.
Will do the same on the other side of the hard line and blow it out.

KLChurch

More than cracked the start of the hard line to IP. Maybe a drip ( Run and Battle on )
So the solenoid is not letting pressurize fuel from the pumps.
Kris

KLChurch

There is a little black box on the top side of the day tank. The solenoid seems to be wired to it. It maybe some sort of relay. Should it be checked?
Kris

KLChurch

The IP is getting fuel so it should startup with the fuel its got. So I think your are correct we need to find out why we are not getting current.
Kris

KLChurch

Checked the IP connectors once again.
With only in run no voltage on both terminals.

Run and battle voltage hot both terminals. Both terminals one end on ground and the other on the terminal.
I thought one was positive and the other was suppose to be ground.

Maybe if the engine could crank with battle on the engine may start up.
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
There is a little black box on the top side of the day tank. The solenoid seems to be wired to it. It maybe some sort of relay. Should it be checked?
Kris
This is the CR-27 diode. To check it, disconnect the wires. Place the MM in ohms position. Place the red lead in the screw hole that has a red dot next to it. Should be the middle hole. Place the black lead in one of the other holes. You should get a low resistance reading. Reverse the leads. You should get a high resistance reading. Then put the red lead back into the hole with the red dot next to it, and the black lead in the last hole. Repeat the test you just performed. Same readings. Then hook up the wires.

Red screw- wire number P77A
Screw hole with only one wire -P69A
Screw hole with two wires- P55EY and P55EF

Check that these wire are hooked up right BEFORE you remove them.

Guyfang

Staff member
Checked the IP connectors once again.
With only in run no voltage on both terminals.

Run and battle voltage hot both terminals. Both terminals one end on ground and the other on the terminal.
I thought one was positive and the other was suppose to be ground.

Maybe if the engine could crank with battle on the engine may start up.
Kris

Cant start the set in battle short. The army wanted it that way.

KLChurch

Ok I will report back after you have a good time tonight. Please have a German beer for me in my name. i loved the Austrian beer when I was there last year.
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
Just got back from Czech, with 264 cans of beer. Well, 263. My wife just had to try one. Czech Budweiser! Now to load the trailer, get my gear ready, and try and arrange for dry ice. Rally doesn't start until the first. But need to get everyone moving here!

Guyfang

Staff member
Just because its easy to do, in the control cube, on the A4 card. Unscrew the relays, and put the top one in the bottom socket, and the bottom one in the top socket. Try the S2 in run, and start.

OH! Edit. Dont forget, the pumps will no longer come on, with the day tank full, in the S2 run position. You fill the tank up. So drain out about half the tank. Then you will know when its come on.

Last edited:

Zed254

Just got back from Czech, with 264 cans of beer. Well, 263. My wife just had to try one. Czech Budweiser! Now to load the trailer, get my gear ready, and try and arrange for dry ice. Rally doesn't start until the first. But need to get everyone moving here!
What kind of Rally is fueled by 11 cases of Budvar.......especially in Bayern??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks