• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 004a no fault lights working plus more

KLChurch

This is the CR-27 diode. To check it, disconnect the wires. Place the MM in ohms position. Place the red lead in the screw hole that has a red dot next to it. Should be the middle hole. Place the black lead in one of the other holes. You should get a low resistance reading. Reverse the leads. You should get a high resistance reading. Then put the red lead back into the hole with the red dot next to it, and the black lead in the last hole. Repeat the test you just performed. Same readings. Then hook up the wires.

Did the test when I tested the first time I got resistance. then reversed and got nothing. Both tested the same identical.
Kris

Red screw- wire number P77A
Screw hole with only one wire -P69A
Screw hole with two wires- P55EY and P55EF

Guyfang

Staff member
This is just the "Emergency Beer stock". For use at the tent. The reason we buy Czech beer is because there is no deposit on it. In Germany, there is a .25 € deposit, on each can. To get your deposit back, you have to insert each empty, undamaged can into a machine, that scans it looking for a bar code. No bar code? No money. Crushed can, NO MONEY. 11 cases is 264 cans. Times .25 is 66.00 Euro.

The 11 cases only cost 156 Euro. We crush the cans and turn them into the recycle yard where I work. You don't get money for it like in the states. You are doing your small part for cleaning up our untidy world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szI4znjb3dY

Scroll to 1.15 and you see where the real beer gets consumed.

KLChurch

Status to date:
Put everything back together that was disassembled.
1. Day tank float reinstalled and tested to be ok. Day tank is ¾ full.
2. Little black box on the side of day tank reinstalled wires and verified to your wiring locations plus determined that the box was tested to be ok.
3. Bled all fuel lines which now enabled the pumps to stop running when at max pressure.
4. Swapped relays on A4 card in the control enclose.
5. The special relay box seems to be functioning properly when tested out of gen.
6. CB1 is functioning.
7. Fault indicator tested OK on the bench out of the gen.

Because of the reinstallation of the above and swapping of relays it was believed to test the gen to see if anything changed. The following is a question answer theme.
1. Does the Fault indicator lights light up with the test switch and in the run mode? NO
2. Does Pumps work in Run mode? NO
3. Does Pumps work in Run mode and battle on? Yes
4. Are IP wires hot in the run mode only? No
a. Both wires or just one? Both no juice
5. Are IP wires hot in run and battle mode? YES
a. Both wires or just one? Both juice separatly
6. Is the day tank full of fuel? YES
7. is there fuel to the IP? Yes
8. Is it witnessed that swapping relays may have changed any gen functions? No
9. Does the engine crank in the start mode only? YES
10. Does the engine start in the start mode only? NO

Guyfang

Staff member
An the A4 card, the K1 relay is mounted. I know we have tested here before, but somethings is just not right. So, with S2 in the run position, CB1 in, place one lead on ground. The red lead on

Pin #8 =?
Pin #2 =?
Pin #7 =?
pin #9 =?
Pin #1 =?
Pin #3 =?

Perform the same test in the start position.

If K1 works right, the 24 VDC has to go to the A9 Fault indicator.

With the S2 in run, CB1 in, disconnect the P12 C-Plug from the A9 Fault indicator. Measure between the pins A&B on the plug. Do you get 24 VDC?

KLChurch

Will do, Maybe I missed something. Your the boss.
Will report back in a couple hours. I got a plugged drain in the house and its needing dealt with. Three quarters of 75 foot is in the hole and got 25 foot left.
Kris

Chainbreaker

This is just the "Emergency Beer stock". For use at the tent. The reason we buy Czech beer is because there is no deposit on it. In Germany, there is a .25 € deposit, on each can. To get your deposit back, you have to insert each empty, undamaged can into a machine, that scans it looking for a bar code. No bar code? No money. Crushed can, NO MONEY. 11 cases is 264 cans. Times .25 is 66.00 Euro.

Funny you should mention that about no bar codes. I had a pile of beer bottles collected over a couple of years that were outside in weather where the bar codes were not legible. I was determined to get my deposits back, so I took my Brother P-Touch Lable maker that connects to my PC and it just so happens that it had a bar code program output in the PC software so I just took a good bottle got the numbers for the bar code and input them to my PC. Hit print and stuck the small bar code strip labels on all the bottles without barcodes. Took them to the local grocery store redemption machine and fed them all in. The machine happily took my beer bottles with the home made bar codes. Bada-Bing-Bada-Boom got several dollars of my deposits back that I wouldn't have otherwise! :)

The 11 cases only cost 156 Euro. We crush the cans and turn them into the recycle yard where I work. You don't get money for it like in the states. You are doing your small part for cleaning up our untidy world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szI4znjb3dY

Scroll to 1.15 and you see where the real beer gets consumed.
I wonder if the singer/guitar player had beer in that Nato Can Guitar? lol

Those gals and motorcycle crowd reminds me of memories of my younger years riding my tricked out Z1 Cafe Racer motorcycle 1,000 miles cross country to Daytona "Speed Week". I did manage to survive that era, thankfully!

Now back to your regular MEP-004 programming :)

KLChurch

This is the results test of the A4 card in the control panel:
There are 12 terminals. I checked all of them in the run and then start modes.
You asked me to check terminal pin 8,2,7,9,1&3. However 1 & 3 have no wires going to the terminals.
That is why I decided to check all of them.
Out of twelve terminals only #7 was hot in the run mode.
In the start mode which I had to have another person to hold the start switch on while I checked all twelve terminals only #7,#8,#9 were hot.
I have downloaded a pic of A4 so you can see 1 and 3 have no wires going to it. I have not touched the wiring on the A4. It came to me this way. Please notice terminal one and three has no wires going to it. If that means anything.a4 card.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
This is the results test of the A4 card in the control panel:
There are 12 terminals. I checked all of them in the run and then start modes.
You asked me to check terminal pin 8,2,7,9,1&3. However 1 & 3 have no wires going to the terminals.
That is why I decided to check all of them.
Out of twelve terminals only #7 was hot in the run mode.
In the start mode which I had to have another person to hold the start switch on while I checked all twelve terminals only #7,#8,#9 were hot.
I have downloaded a pic of A4 so you can see 1 and 3 have no wires going to it. I have not touched the wiring on the A4. It came to me this way. Please notice terminal one and three has no wires going to it. If that means anything.View attachment 771649
Is the A4 hooked up this way?

2. P55MM
4. X31A
5. X12G
6. X79A
7. P45E
8. P80E
9. P50A
10. X78A
11. X82B
12. S29A

In the Run position, do you have 24VDC on pin 9?

KLChurch

Just a thought.
The two relays on A4 can be rotated 180 degrees and reinstalled.
Does it matter if they get rotated?
Will they function differently?
How can you tell if they are installed correctly?
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
No mater how you install them they should work. Having said that, you can from time to time have one set of contact2, (there are 2 sets per relay) go bad. To rule that out, you can turn them 180 degrees, to see if they are good, or,

View attachment Relay internal diagram.pdfTake the relays out, and test them IAW this helpful hint. This is what I do, as I do not trust turning them around.

KLChurch

I'm confused about the comment on the S7 battle switch. What does that have to do with A4?
Will rotate the A4 relays because I don't know how to test them per the schematic.
I'm a mechanical engineer and have built computers and RC quads from scratch but I still have a hard time with electrical schematics.
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
For future reference. The two legs with dots next to them are the coil to make the relay switch contacts. You apply 24 VDC to them. Doesn't make and difference what one is Pos., or Neg.

With no VDC applied, you have continuity between pins 2&4 and between 5&7.
With VDC applied, you have continuity between pins 2&8 and between 1&7.

To do it field expedient, I took 2 short wires, and hooked the each to a small butt connector. Slip the butt connector over pins for the coil, and then apply VDC. Then use a Ohm meter to check if the relay contacts change with and without VDC.

Guyfang

Staff member
I'm confused about the comment on the S7 battle switch. What does that have to do with A4?
Will rotate the A4 relays because I don't know how to test them per the schematic.
I'm a mechanical engineer and have built computers and RC quads from scratch but I still have a hard time with electrical schematics.
Kris
We are loosing VDC someplace. I have a feeling it could be a wire problem, caused by someone before you, "fixing" the set. Remember the A1 was wired wrong. If I can get a feel for where there is power, and where not, it helps narrow it down.

The pin 9 on the S7, (in the on or off position) is where VDC starts on its way to the A9, Fault indicator. I will look up what wire go where on the S7.

Guyfang

Staff member
S7 Wire plan

1. Wire #
2. Wire #P57A & P57C
3. Wire #P62D
4. Wire #P44A & P44B
5. Wire #P43A
6. Wire #
7. Wire #
8. Wire #P45B & P45C
9. Wire #P47A & P47B
10. Wire #
11. Wire #P45C
12. Wire #L34A

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks