• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a TOY to add to a Party Rental Business.... I can just see it now....

Inflatable Bounce House;
Circus Tent;
Industrial Size Slip-N-Slide;
WATER CANNON TRUCK;
Trailer Mounted Rock Climb Rig;
Bunjee Jump Tower;
Anit-Aircraft Searchlight(s).....

HAVE FUNN - WILL TRAVEL could be the MOTTO :jumpin:

tamangel

1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 fire truck..

1967 KAISER JEEP M715 26K MILES WITH WINCH AMAZING COND
ebay auction item # 180611274307
auction ended Jan 20, 201113:01:38 PST
did not sell/reserve price not met with 12 bids, top bid $6400.00
item location: Kingston, NH
url of sale page..will eventually disappear, more photos and info:
1967 KAISER JEEP M715 26K MILES WITH WINCH AMAZING COND - eBay (item 180611274307 end time Jan-20-11 13:01:38 PST)

description from sale page
" 1967 KAISER JEEP M715 26K MILES WITH WINCH AMAZING COND..
HERE IS YOUR CHANCE AT ONE OF THE NICEST UNRESTORED M715,S IN THE COUNTRY, I HAVE OWNED A LOT OF THESE SO I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, 26K ORIGINAL MILES AND STORED INSIDE MOST ALL ITS LIFE AND PAMPERED TO DEATH BY A FIRE DEPT,1967 MODEL YEAR SERIAL # 16180,THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY RUST FREE BODY AND FRAME WITH NO REPAIR ANYWHERE,IT WAS STRIPPED TO THE METAL BY THE FIRE DEPT AND RESPRAYED RED, EXCELLENT PAINT, FRAME IS LIKE NEW, THIS TRUCK RUNS AND DRIVES 100% EXCELLENT, HAS 4 BRAND NEW POWER KING 900-16 TIRES, THEY JUST INSTALLED A BRAND NEW WARN 9500 LB WINCH AND BUILT A VERY CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, THE SAME TALENTED GUY BUILT THE BEST HARD TOP I HAVE EVER SEEN, EVEN LOOKS FACTORY WITH RAIN RAILS AND ALL, HAS A POLY TANK IN BACK THAT IS REMOVABLE AND THIS BED IS NOT CUT UP AT ALL LIKE SOME FIRE DEPT RIGS, 2 NICE SIDE TOOL BOXES, AND VERY NICE ALUMINUM RACKS,ALL OF THIS IS REMOVABLE IF YOU WANT IT ORIGINAL, HAS ORIGINAL PINTAL HITCH AND A NICE RECEIVER HITCH, TRUCK HAS THE ORIGINAL 24 VOLT GENERATOR SYSTEM AND A COMPLETELY SEPERATE 12 VOLT ISOLATED SYSTEM WITH A NEW 12 VOLT ALTERNATOR, SEPERATE BATTERY, AND SWITCH AND FUSE PANEL,VERY CUSTOM AND PROFESSIONAL, THEY ADDED A NEW POWER VACCUM BOOSTER FOR THE BRAKES, AND A 12 VOLT HEATER OUT OF A J-10, NICE LEATHER BUCKET SEATS WITH SEAT BELTS, REAR SPOT/BACKUP LIGHTS, FRONT COWL MOUNTED OFF ROAD LIGHTS, STROBE RED LIGHT ON HOOD, RED LIGHT BAR ON ROOF, AND UPDATED TAIL AND PARKING LIGHTS, ALL WORK,*********I CANT SAY ENOUGH GOOD ABOUT THIS TRUCK, AND CHECK THIS OUT, THEY JUST RECENTLY DID A COMPLETE VALVE JOB, INSTALLED A NEW CLUTCH, RESEALED THE TRANS, NEW MOTOR MOUNTS, EXHAUST, STARTER, AND ALL TUNE STUFF INCLUDING COIL, CAP, WIRES, PLUGS AND MORE, TRUCK IS LOCATED IN KINGSTON NH 03848"

no connection with seller, any bidders/or ebay..info here for reference on Military Fire trucks..

Mike

Attachments

tamangel

'New' WW2 M3-4 1-1/2 ton 4x4 (1944)

description from ATHS web site: (1st truck in New Zealand)

"This is a WW2 M3-4 1-1/2 ton 4x4 with a civilian fire fighting body added sometime after the war. That windshield, was not found on open cab trucks during the War, and a closer look reveals this truck has the closed cab with the roof and doors removed. The brushguard has also been removed from the front, giving this truck a bit of a different appearance. These Internationals served in the Navy and Marine Corps during the war. ...the very original looking M3-4 crash truck in the last image. "

Mike

Attachments

tamangel

1942 International Military M-3L-4 Fire/Crash Truck 1/2

1942 International Military M-3L-4 Fire/Crash Truck
ebay auction item # 130478445535
auction ended Jan 30, 201101:15:37 PST
item sold with 23 bids, top bid $7000.00
item location: Easton, MA, United States
url of sale page..will eventually disappear, additional info:
1942 International Military M-3L-4 Fire/Crash Truck - eBay (item 130478445535 end time Jan-30-11 01:15:37 PST)

item description from auction page:
"...1942 International Military M-3L-4 Fire/Crash Truck. VIN/Serial number 5977 which is located on the drivers side frame near the front tire. Truck runs like a champ and brakes work good. Replaced windshield frame with NOS one and installed the correct fender mounted siren. The old water tank was replaced by the fire department years ago because the original one was leaking. Nice looking truck! The truck was owned by a fire department in New York which used it from 1947 to 2010. They were the first civilian owner after receiving it from the Govt. I have an affidavit to prove the fire department purchased the truck from the Govt. used it then sold it to me. Production total was only 1,080 built.

width: 7.25 feet
height: 7.5 feet
length: 17 feet
weight: 7500 lbs

Trans - 5F/1R with overdrive. Has two-speed transfer case.

Engine is original and is the international green diamond 269..."

no connection with seller, any bidders/or ebay..info here for reference on Military Fire trucks..

Mike

Attachments

tamangel

1942 Mack Military Fire Truck

1942 Mack Military Fire Truck
Model 25 S with 11' Pump & Hose Bed.
Speced by the Army Corp. of Engineers
for WW11 Service.
This Unit is from the Pueblo Co. Air Base.
This is Unit #131 a total of only 200 built.
Mack EN-12 Eng.
Mack 4 Speed Transmission.
Swing Out Windshield.
20'6"L x 6'6"H x 6'W

...no connection with this vehicle, info for reference on Military Fire Trucks thread..

Mike

Attachments

largeboar

Just cause I paid 2500 for the truck in Las Vegas and drove it 1000 miles doesn't mean that the market value on the truck here in wyoming is 2500. In fact I own it and I'll do what I want with it. I only offered to sell or trade it in respect to collectors and people interested in keeping it a fire truck. I will be bobbing it and have less than 3500 in it. So cut the sarcasm, inuendo and bull. Next time I'll just scap it and not offer.:jumpin:aua
OKAY RANT OVER !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

largeboar

Oh and by the way this M45 is not only totally functional but has a factory 100gl foam tank as well as a larger air compressor than normal! A nice surprise when I picked it up.:twisted:

Last edited:

tamangel

I suppose you are talking to me from that post from over a week ago.. yeah, i guess my post was a little too strong.. sorry about that..I actually could care less about your plans for that truck..the rare-ness of the vehicle is what I was interested in..and as you say, if you want to bob or scrap it..well,...well...hmmmmm..whats the word [ insert applicable word here ]...whatever..

Everyone is looking to make $'s these days.. spin the wheel of fortune.., hope someone has some interest in saving a special rig like that..

:driver:

Mike

Last edited:

largeboar

A collection is worthless unless it has value. I like my collections to appreciate and be appreciated. Its good business. You can quote me on that if you like.

Last edited:

largeboar

I know your right!

I already have two M45a2 firetrucks and don't need a third. I think the m35 series vehicles are far cooler than a vette or muscle car and have a tendency to become a real sickness. I would love to see this one find a home intact and haven't been able to muster the desire to start striping it.

tamangel

:shock: wow..3 M45a2 fire trucks...! A whole department.. Can you post some pic's of the ones you have and maybe point out the differences between the individual trucks for reference purposes on this thread? I'm sure other owners might be interested as I am..

Mike

tamangel

1952 Studebaker Army 6X6

ebay auction Item number: 170602741605
auction ended: Feb 19, 201122:16:09 PST
reserve not met at $4250.00 with 4 bids / other price mentioned $10,000.00
auction URL (will eventually be removed) 1952 6X6 Fire Truck - eBay (item 170602741605 end time Feb-19-11 22:16:09 PST)

note: no connection with seller/any bidders/ebay..info only for this military fire truck thread..

description from auction page:
1952 Studebaker 6X6 Fire Truck
Recently taken out of service replace with new truck. Nothing wrong with truck.
Everything works, siren, all lights, water pump and tank winterized. New Tires
Ready to go to fire or musem very low miles and hours used. 650 gallon water
tank 18 hp motor for the waterpump electric start. GMC V6 engine gas 4speed trans. Runs good clutch recent adjusted brakes all checked and greased. Interior in good shape pass window has a crack in it not broken out. Does come with fire hoses used for brush fires.

Mike

note: I asked the seller what kind of a fire body (manufacturer) was on this truck as it didn't look like any 530 series I had seen. he replied he did not know..

Attachments

Jersey4x4

Thanks for the post.
This is actually my truck and the listing has been updated.

1989 US ARMY AMERTEK 2500L ARFF Fire Truck 4x4 Diesel
ebay auction item # 270686550402
auction ended: Jan 07, 201104:42:16 PST
sold for: $22,500.00 USD
unknown # of bids..
URL (will disappear eventually): 1989 US ARMY AMERTEK 2500L ARFF Fire Truck 4x4 Diesel - eBay (item 270686550402 end time Jan-07-11 04:42:16 PST)

Item description from auction page:
"This is a 1989 Amertek 2500L US ARMY ARFF fire truck. These trucks have been utilized all over the world in peace and war time. There are a few in service in Iraq right now. This unit was just removed from service in June of 2010. I have worked on these trucks for a long time and if you do a search on Google for the 2500L you will see the entire history of these even the stuff the uninformed people say which is mostly propaganda because they do not understand these trucks. I will try to list all the details about this truck down the list. Specs first.

Amertek 2500L 5350.8 Miles(subject to test drive changes)

6V92TI Diesel engine 350HP 930.0 Hours(subject to test drive changes)

HT750 Allison Automatic

Lombardini 7HP APU

Godiva 1000GPM live pump

Fecon Around the pump foam system dual station valves

Fecon front turrets Upper 500gpm @250psi & Lower 250gpm @ 250psi both controlled from cab

Air Locking Differentials in front and rear axles

Air Shift on the fly 4WD

Pneumatic Control switches for structure fire and ARFF systems

5KW engine driven generator with dual station controls

Webasto Hot water heating system for structure panel and tank heat exchanger for winter use with the APU(specs say -60 temp rating)

300amp 12v charging system with 4 gp31 batteries(with use of 100amp APU charging system)

72 gallon foam tank

660 gallon water tank

60 gallon fuel tank(Vehicle comes full of fuel)

Rear booster reel(100' 1" hose and Akron nozle included)

2 1/2" hose in the bed currently is untested but looks good and is included(450' I think)

All lights are tested and working as they should including Emergency Lighting(Whelen on rear Code 3 on cab)

This truck has just been serviced and is ready to go to work. I have videos of it pumping water using both turrets. This truck runs great and is driven around town on a regular basis and now that it is cold it has been winterized so if you are interested in seeing it run and pump I will need a commitment before I will put water in the tank or hoses.

There are some minor scratches and a small dent in the right front step and a bend in the bin door where the APU is located but that is it. All functions of this truck work including the 5kw generator

There are still a few minor things needed on this truck but none of them effect operation.

PSI gauge in cab is bad(needs replacing)

Power switch for Webasto Heater has a gremlin(needs replacing)

Main pump gauges are slow(lack of use)

Minor dents & scratches as seen in pictures and stated above.

APU to Alternator coupling needs replacing(missing)

***I will be repairing these things as well as time goes on and the equipment price will reflect this***

Here are a few videos of the truck pumping and a walk around while running.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkEa0EBNOg8[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvmCUmCpWwM[/media]
No connection with auction/seller/ebay.. Info only put here for reference re: Military Fire Trucks thread..

Mike

tamangel

originally posted as message # 300 in this thread on Military Fire Trucks, on 7 Jan 2011. Ebay auction ended at that time which is when vehicle pic's and info were posted per SS policies..

Mike

Last edited:

tamangel

73 AM GENERAL 6x6 FIRE TRUCK TANKER

73 AM GENERAL 6x6 FIRE TRUCK TANKER 2 1/2 TON MILITARY
ebay auction item # 180641279130
auction ended: Mar 21, 201117:39:13 PDT
item sold @ $3450.00 w/ 22 bids
ebay URL (will die eventually):
73 AM GENERAL 6x6 FIRE TRUCK TANKER 2 1/2 TON MILITARY - eBay (item 180641279130 end time Mar-21-11 17:39:13 PDT)

item description from the ad:
not much info re: the truck, just original plans to scrap, recovery trip, etc..

note: no connection w/ seller/ebay/any buyers/etc.. info placed here for Military Fire Truck future reference..

Mike

Attachments

tamangel

Military Fire Truck photos on Flickr...

This thread hasn't surfaced recently as I normally just add new URL's and single pic links to post #42 on page 5. However, I ran across this source and thought you all might have fun checking out the multitude of photos available:
search word: Military Fire Trucks

military fire truck - Flickr: Search

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks