• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTA Swapmeet 2016

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Military Transport Association's annual MV show (aka Sussex) is 98 days away. Dates are April 16th-17th, 2016. The show is always a big hit and is probably the biggest in the northeast now. This is a great event with lots of MVs, Vendors, and more.

Hotels:http://mtaswapmeet.us/Hotels - MTA Military Show & Swap Meet.htm. Hotels usually fill up quick as there is usually another event (typically a dance recital) that goes on in town at the same time.

Vendor Info: http://mtaswapmeet.us/Site.htm

Count Down to Sussex: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?p0=1440&year=2016&month=4&day=16&hour=0&min=0&sec=0View attachment 15 flyer.pdf

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what is everyone want to buy/sell/trade at the show? What vehicles are you planning on bring?

Last edited:
I'll most likely be camping out in the display field all weekend with my M1031. Not sure if I've got any hot ticket items to sell and don't really need anything atm. Think I'll just do the usual wandering about and impulse buy all the goodies.

Last edited:

glivdub03

I have been going to this show for many years and as of late it seems less and less people are attending. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

emr

I would like to answer the question above, Our show has grown in every category for the first 11 years, and by a lot. The last few we saw growth level in a few areas and then come back, I have said for years we will have to see a time when it levels off it just has to. Vendors have grown every year and is still growing, A few years ago some vendors said " We were a little tight, so we rented more buildings and spread them out, Some noticed the more rented space and more vendors, " But I did hear " Hey it looks like less vendors ? " What it is and was the lay out, Yes they had more space . Example, When we started ago we rented 3 covered barns for outside vendor's , we now rent 6 , we spread out the vendor's because we were asked to.
We also fill the Grandstands now , we never needed that before either But we needed the space ... .

As for Vehicles, We hit a monumental 166 or so a few years ago, But went back down to the 144 range the last 2 years, Now this is interesting, A few years ago when we had so many it was crazy, BUT it was all BIG IRON !!! :)) We had almost no Jeeps and no ww2 .

So before the last show we called e mailed and begged for Jeeps and ww2, It paid off, Those in the know said we had more Jeeps of a diverse mix than anywhere anytime around, the 4 wheel steer, The Bantams, all the slat grilles etc. ww2 was strong also, But the Big Iron was down,, So we are at a point where we will see a variety of vehicles at different years for different reasons, I don't know of any shows that have that problem LOL.. Most have the same 40 to maybe 80 show up each year after year...

Last year we rented even another barn , This building is for pristine vehicles !! We did this to get those nice vehicles and it worked, We keep this building empty..... for the nice vehicles to have a place to go in bad weather, Its big enough to display in there !!! It also offers Pristine vehicles a LOCKED BUILDING at night from Thursday on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who has that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))))))))))

Anyway , the public attendance was down by 100 , 2 years ago but it was a record year again last year, It costs us over 20 to 25000 to put this show on, We advertise we produce the public. In HUGE numbers on BOTH days !!!!

We already have a record number signing up and some NEW vendors widely sought after in the hobby !!!!!

This and any show is what you make it, With out YOU there are no shows:)) Please support us and every show when you can :)))

country

Supporting Vendor
We have been attending this show for quite a few years and have found it to be the best event we attend

The people are friendly, the atmosphere is welcoming to all in the hobby, including family members.

We have grown our presence at the show and now reserve 4 booths and bring several trailer loads of parts to sell.

All of the vending areas are either covered or are inside- so weather is not a huge factor

I highly recommend this show to anyone who can attend

Eastern Surplus & Equipment Company
www.easternsurplus.net
Toll Free: 1-855-332-0500
Office: 215-332-0500
dave@easternsurplus.net

Click here to check out our E-Brochure

foxtrk2

I also have been attending fo r about five years now and will be there this year also and am bringing another club member from ri and mass with there trucks best show in the northeast

joho

I agree, this show is falling apart, its run by several arrogant "leaders" as soon as they leave it will be a great show again.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone need any parts off a M139 series bridge truck that I can remove from the truck easily (cab parts, exterior fittings, etc)?

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I'll be vending at the show again this year, I can bring anything I've got listed in the classifieds if it's easily transported. I've got various parts for m37s, 2.5 tons, 5 tons, CUCVs, m880s, HMMWVs, and others as well as tents, radio stuff (no antennas except 2 NOS mx6707s and whips), new mep-003a motors, and a ton of other miscellaneous items so send me a PM if you're looking for something.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks