• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Muffler Modification.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I got my Napa muffler on today and I can't believe the difference. Now with the turned up fuel rate you can really hear the turbo scream! I was able to weld it on low enough that it does not protrude above the steering wheel and I can still park her in the garage with the windshield folded down. I highly recommend this modification. Although I miss the way it sounds with a quick blip of the throttle.

jasonjc

I got my muffle on yesterday and great.
I took the top stack off and cut it about 5" above the flang and welded that to the muffler then put the rest of the stack on top of the muffler
I think i will cut some more off the top thought it looks a littel tall
jason

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ill post pics later when my wife gets home, Ive been trying for an hour to figure out how to get them off our Nikon photo program and attach them to post. :banghead:

Hi Devin,
I have a Nikon Digital also. If you have XP on the computer and a USB connection to the camera the computer would see the camera as another hard drive in Windows Explorer. You could move the pictuers around or copy them to another folder if you were so inclined.
At any rate, we'll wait for the pics with exhaust baited breath. :turn:
You are about 45 minutes away from me. When I get my duece licensed I'd like to drive by your place and see your truck on my way to Mammoth.
Gary

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
GEEEZ, Finally got the pics figured out, (I think). My truck is still rough looking as I am still slowly sanding etc, and the bed is off. Polverone, PM me when ever you want and we can get together and talk duece. All my friends and family think I crazy with the Duece infatuation. Its nice to be able to talk to people with the same interest.

Devin,
Not only yeah but heck yeah! People think I have lost my marbles here as well. I loved driving it down our main street amidst all the Porches and Mercedes and watch thier faces. Classic!
Nice installation on the muffler. I see you opted for the K&N type air cleaner inside the engine compartment.
I'll definaely get in touch with you when I have a free weekend.

Gary

Desert Rat

Devin,
WOW! That looks really nice! I love the way you have the top pieces welded together. It looks very professional. Like my dad's steak, well done!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for the compliments! Im still trying to master the art of welding as you can see, they arent the prettiest but they work! Im heading out today to put the bed back on as I've got to tear down my patio cover and haul it to the dump (darn termites).

stagehc

Added a Dynomax muffler from Summit Racing. Sounds great! Whacked off the stack, welded on the muffler, slipped the upper stack into the oter end and welded it on as well. Lowered the end of the stack about 5 inches or so. Better that way for serious off roading (less likely to catch on limbs).

Cheers from over here,

COle

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ill post some K&N air filter pics tomorrow when the wife gets home so she can help me. Cole, The bob job looks good, I keep changing my mind about doing it to my truck.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am posting a pic here, someone was asking about my muffler. I just now got around to installing it. Just a quick pic, this thread has lost all the orginal pics. Sorry about the quality of the pic, only one I have at the moment.

Can everyone repost their pics? This is a fairly common question on the board.
Dennis

Attachments

Last edited:

sermis

Can someone repost a PIC of the muffler install? Going to put one on my truck soon. I saw where a glasspack muffler was used. I really like the look but how much differance between the two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks