• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Vandalism

AMX

Thanks for all the support folks. I think I'll be able to convince them not to total out wither truck and at that point it's as simple as pointing them to a price list for parts. then I can start shopping and repairing. The trucks will come back form this better than they were before give me a chance to clean them up and fix them up I guess.
The important thing is to make certain the values quoted by your agent are representative of a similiar quality vehicle as yours. A TLV (total loss valuation) will generally be completed to reach an ACV (actual cash value) for your vehicle. The parts pricing may not total your vehicles , but a good deal of labor can easily push one over. Just remember , everything is negotiable I do truck accident investigation, appraisals and ACV's for a living. Good Luck

Troll1216

Quite a few of the other "Green" groups (EarthFirst ect.) have vowed to wage war on all things unkind to the environment. Sabatoge included. They hate big deuces and old trucks cause they think they are bad for mother earth.

To quote their own web site:

Earth First! Worldwide

Earth First! was named in 1979 in response to a lethargic, compromising, and increasingly corporate environmental community. Earth First! takes a decidedly different tack towards environmental issues. We believe in using all the tools in the tool box, ranging from grassroots organizing and involvement in the legal process to civil disobedience and monkeywrenching.

monkeywrenching -

Monkey-Wrenching

Monkeywrenching has proven to be an effective means of protest and activism, not only shedding light on various political issues, but also providing a very active means of resistance through a list of tactics. Historically, this practice has a lengthy past which can be associated with the destruction of machines by the Luddites during the Industrial Revolution in Europe, the colonial rebels in the early United States and their part in the Boston Tea Party, the destruction of rail lines during the building of Continental railways in North America, as well as fence-cutting during the enclosure of lands in 19th century Canada and the U.S. This is by no means an exhaustive list, as the use of monkeywrenching tactics can be seen worldwide and in numerous historical and cultural contexts.

Currently there are numerous groups that utilize this practice because of its promising results. Environmentalists, such as those associated with Earth First!, use monkeywrenching as a means of subverting ecological destruction. Animal-rights activists such as ALF (Animal Liberation Front) use this as a means to help free entrapped creatures as well as send a strong message to particular corporate, governmental, or scientific communities, as well as the general public. Outside of organized groups per se, monkeywrenching can be used to protect public privacy by destroying CCTV Cameras (Closed Circuit Television Cameras). Biotech or GM (Genetically Modified) crops are often the targets of monkeywrenching (also known as Night-time Gardening), as the destruction of this type of property can effectively ruin a crop and prevent it from being distributed and consumed (1).

Tree spikeing - driving nails into live old growth trees to destroy saws and possibly kill loggers when their saws kick when they hit the nails.

The burning of the large houses in CA because of their ecological footprint.

This sounds purposeful and targeted.

Time to let the hippies know they run on veggie oil pretty good, and have been know to pancake a bicycle or drum circle in nothin flat.

This is one of the reasons I worry about my truck at night, even way out here in the middle of nowhere. As soon as I can, I am going to put up a building to put Big Green in.

As it stands now, the truck stays locked up in my backyard, but I still worry.

I hope they catch the morons who did this to your truck.

LC

onegmjack

What a shame, sorry to hear of your nightmare.Like others have said hope they catch who every is to blame.They need to face a firing squard.

goldwing2000

Banned
... I even have 6 "special"rounds that are handloaded for it that I have been saving for an emergency situation.
A word of advice: don't do that. If you ever have to use your firearm in self defense and the criminal's attorney finds out that you used handloaded ammo, they will try to nail you to the wall by saying that since you had "special" ammo, then you must have intended to kill somebody with it, therefore your self defense case just became a 1st degree murder case.

Always keep factory ammo in a carry gun. There are plenty of good rounds out there, even in .45LC.

That being said, a 12 gauge is the perfect home defense round. Devastating ballistics and no identifying forensics on the projectiles.

Last edited:

Biggles

A word of advice: don't do that. If you ever have to use your firearm in self defense and the criminal's attorney finds out that you used handloaded ammo, they will try to nail you to the wall by saying that since you had "special" ammo, then you must have intended to kill somebody with it, therefore your self defense case just became a 1st degree murder case.

Always keep factory ammo in a carry gun. There are plenty of good rounds out there, even in .45LC.

That being said, a 12 gauge is the perfect home defense round. Devastating ballistics and no identifying forensics on the projectiles.
Very handy information to have.

bones1

They will get caught and hopefully will be sentenced for their actions.
It is really good that you didn't surprise them. I have often wondered what I and my 12ga pump would do in a situation like this if I did surprise them. Shoot at the moon I suppose or not.............

Darwin T

The question now is what do I tell my insurance adjuster? he's coming out tomorrow morning and I'm afraid he'll total my deuce out and give me scrap value for it.
first things first, any leads on the "A" holes who did it? when you find out were should have a rally and go visit. :twisted: i will be flying into Ohare may 3rd for my M1031 recovery.

if they total it tell them you want to buy it back. i don't know how much you have it insured for but you can buy it back for less. then if nothing else part it, i hope it does not come to that. pay the extra and cover it for more there is not blue book for a deuce.

when i was married we had an old car (my wifes collage car that get wrecked once and was totaled. we bought it back and a couple of hunder dollars and it was rolling. then tropical storm allison flooded houston (my M35a2 is named after her) and the same car was at the airport and went under water. again totaled. changed the fluids and removed the arpet and cleaned it and the seats and rolling again. ended up giving it to some friends who did not have a car they loved it. the title did show salvaged.

oddshot

Who'd ya pizz off?
The "who" is easy: Cowards. Punks and bully's also do this sort of thing.

The kind that talk a lot of smack ... but don't have the guts to meet you face to face.

Further ... I'm willing to bet you know who did this. ... maybe not "know" them ... but you have had a contact of some type with them ... exchanged words over a parking space ... maybe somebody on a website somewhere.

Do you talk about your truck or post pictures on any web-site where folks throw around stuff like "I'd like to..." or "One day I'm gonna..."? Probably a bad idea. Guys like this will never go after you ... but they WILL try to bust up your truck.

They trashed your truck because they are too gutless to do anything else.

Its obvious that it was personal, like you said, nothing else was hurt.

I'd be surprised if your insurance carrier does much.

Also the local PD ain't gonna do a lot of good ... a vandalism bust don't count for much.

Jail? Not likely for vandalism ... and they probably been there before. After a couple of visits its just like going home.

Sue them? You would probably get a judgment ... but the punks probably have no money ... and no property. Getting a judgement is one thing ... collecting is quite another.

There is about two ways to deal with crap like this ...

1. Stay under the radar ... don't let people know about what you treasure ... try to hide it ... punks can't destroy what they can't find.

2. Eliminate the threat. One way or the other ... make it impossible for this to EVER happen again.

Again ... I am VERY sorry for your loss ... and your frustration.

oddshot

Unforgiven

How old is your avatar photo? I notice you have kids. Are any of them old enough to get into trouble at school? Kids often won't tell parents when they are having problems at school. And the bullies often target the victim's parents for vandalism. Just a thought.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can understand the point of stealing, but vandalizing has always baffled me. At most, the only thing I could say would be writing your name on something. But I always thought it was stupid to leave evidence of your crime.

Sorry about the attack, hope you get it all worked out with the insurance company. :(

mikew

I'm amazed what some people will do.

I've dealt with Allstate on a "non-standard" vehicle after I was rear-ended. In my case it was a 1959 Jaguar 3.4 Sedan. Allstate's first offer was $6k and way too low. The biggest issue they had was very few "comparable" cars to use to get values. I searched and found two others in similar condition, that had recently sold, and got them to more than triple their offer.

In your case, get at least three quotes for a replacement truck, in similar condition, from reputable dealers (C&C Equipment, 100DallarMan, etc.). Allstate may come back and say they found one for $1,500 on Craig's List, your response is that it is in unknown condition from an individual seller and the quotes you have are for trucks of know condition from reputable companies, just like yours.

In my case, and I'm sure yours will be the same, they wanted to total the vehicle. It is possible to negotiate a settlement without totaling the truck or you can buy it back from them at an agreed "salvage" value (they deduct the buy back price from your check). When you buy it back the title usually is unchanged and stays clean (not a salvage title).

It's always possible that you might be money ahead taking their check and just buy a new truck.

No matter what, don't take their first offer, they will negotiate!!!

I will also add that Allstate was pretty easy to work with. It wasn't that hard to get them change their offer, I just needed facts to prove my position. And I don't have to say it (because from your posts you seem quite level headed), but I will; When negotiating, always behave in a way that makes them want to help you. Think about it, would you prefer to assist someone who is genuinely thankful for your help or some jackass?

JDToumanian

Darwin T

here is a camera that is solar and motion activated. it may only cover one side or area but all the person has to do is walk by once. all i can post is the picture the bidding is still going on.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off....

You have my sympathy for your new "victim" status.

Quite a few of the other "Green" groups (EarthFirst ect.) have vowed to wage war on all things unkind to the environment. Sabatoge included. They hate big deuces and old trucks cause they think they are bad for mother earth.

To quote their own web site:

Earth First! Worldwide

Earth First! was named in 1979 in response to a lethargic, compromising, and increasingly corporate environmental community. Earth First! takes a decidedly different tack towards environmental issues. We believe in using all the tools in the tool box, ranging from grassroots organizing and involvement in the legal process to civil disobedience and monkeywrenching.

monkeywrenching -

Monkeywrenching has proven to be an effective means of protest and activism, not only shedding light on various political issues, but also providing a very active means of resistance through a list of tactics. Historically, this practice has a lengthy past which can be associated with the destruction of machines by the Luddites during the Industrial Revolution in Europe, the colonial rebels in the early United States and their part in the Boston Tea Party, the destruction of rail lines during the building of Continental railways in North America, as well as fence-cutting during the enclosure of lands in 19th century Canada and the U.S. This is by no means an exhaustive list, as the use of monkeywrenching tactics can be seen worldwide and in numerous historical and cultural contexts.

Currently there are numerous groups that utilize this practice because of its promising results. Environmentalists, such as those associated with Earth First!, use monkeywrenching as a means of subverting ecological destruction. Animal-rights activists such as ALF (Animal Liberation Front) use this as a means to help free entrapped creatures as well as send a strong message to particular corporate, governmental, or scientific communities, as well as the general public. Outside of organized groups per se, monkeywrenching can be used to protect public privacy by destroying CCTV Cameras (Closed Circuit Television Cameras). Biotech or GM (Genetically Modified) crops are often the targets of monkeywrenching (also known as Night-time Gardening), as the destruction of this type of property can effectively ruin a crop and prevent it from being distributed and consumed (1).

Tree spikeing - driving nails into live old growth trees to destroy saws and possibly kill loggers when their saws kick when they hit the nails.

The burning of the large houses in CA because of their ecological footprint.

This sounds purposeful and targeted.

Time to let the hippies know they run on veggie oil pretty good, and have been know to pancake a bicycle or drum circle in nothin flat.
Troll,
You raise a very good point.

May I suggest that IF the perps turn out to be Green-Freaks bent on sabotage, then you should push your Prosecutor to pursue additional STATE or FEDERAL charges for ORGANIZED CRIME and TERRORISTIC ACTIVITY.

IMHO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks