• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M936A2 project (update)

halftrack

BTW, I was able to acquire and I am now the proud owner of a 2nd M936A2. However, I will not be keeping 2 of these bad boys. This other truck, (which I obtained from Bruce) looks to be cosmetically superior to mine, however, the motor is bad. One truck will be used as reference and not stripped of parts. In other words, one M936A2 will be avaliable in the near future. Here are some pics.

Attachments

Cdub

Thanks Craig. I saw your post about your truck axles and I am saving it in case when it is time for me to work on my axles / brakes. keep up the good work.

Dude you'r AWESOME....like myself....I don't always have the time to post but I have been keeping a watch full eye on your progresss.....

and you have another................?? ! ! ! SWEE--------T

Lata,

C'dub

halftrack

Did more work on the truck today and yesterday. Talk about cold, wet, and misreliable and I live in the SOUTH! I don't know how you Yankees can live up there! God Bless Ya.

Anyway, I re-attached the tranny coolant lines back up along with the heater and transmission cooler filter bracket. I refilled the transmission with fluid and had a new line made for the transmission to PTO. I assume this line lubricates the gears in the PTO. It cost $30 bucks, However I had the guy make the line with two swivel ends for installation ease. Boy, what a difference that makes. Fortunately for me I have a specialty hose place that can make any hose known to man is located less than 300yds away so no time lost there.

I Also started the truck back up from sitting about 4 months. I had to prime it a little to get out some air from the filter from sitting so long (make note to self, go through fuel system to make air tight). After that she started right up.

Also, there is something to be said for M816s. They are way way way less complicated.

Still have some minor wiring to hook back up near the trans. that I figured out today but had to cut it short due to other obligations. That 900 series P2P program is a LIFESAVER.

Here are a couple of pics and I will try to upload a movie.

Attachments

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
can somebody tell me where the hand throttle goes thru the firewall and how it hooks to the throttle?

It is one of these, JW. Don't know about the IP hookup though.

Nice project Jason, sorry about not being able to help out with parts, the m925 I have access to is very much stripped down now.

Attachments

jwaller

It is one of these, JW. Don't know about the IP hookup though.

Nice project Jason, sorry about not being able to help out with parts, the m925 I have access to is very much stripped down now.
thanks bjorn, that answers how it comes thru, now how does it connect?

halftrack

Thanks for helping JW out Bjorn.

Did some more work on the truck. Finally finished all the wires by the transmission. I let it intimidate me for the longest time and finally today it did not seem too bad. It all of the sudden made since (probably because I had a laptop with the P2P program right next to me). BTW the tranny shifter cable can be a real pain to put back.

I finally took it out for a test drive after re-installing thr tranny and PTO. It all seem fine and it shifted from first to second no problem.

Next is the wrecker body to work on.

Attachments

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looking good Jason! Glad you got the wiring sorted out. That P2P program is awesome. I love the real photographs it has attached to each item. They make it much easier to find stuff under the truck.

halftrack

Well, I have her home. She is a real beauty!

Cosmetically this truck puts mine to shame, however, she needs a motor or a motor re-build. Minus a gauge, some CTIS componenets and an air valve here or there, this truck was not molested. I will post detailed pics of her soon.

This weekend I spent time looking and studying both trucks to see what was missing off of mine and to check my wiring. Its easy putting things back together when you have another intact truck to look at. I did not take anything from the new truck. Its too nice to touch. Eventually one has to go. But until then, Here are a couple of pics.

P.S. My cousin gave me bad diesel (a lot of water in in) and now I am fighting fuel gremlins in my truck. :evil:

Attachments

Last edited:

Army Ed

if you dont already have it i reccomend both of these items.First is the large fuel water seperator can that gets mounted under the d/s air intake.Its works wonders over that little inline piece of junk.Second there is a throttle linkage MWO that comes with a new bracket and other peices needed.and lastly i didnt notice or not if those have the ABS lights on the dash.If so the abs kit is pretty nice.

If you need NSN's or anything hit me up.Its all i do is work on these things at work..lol..i have all of that info here.

halftrack

Army Ed, thanks for the info. I will pm you offline. Yes, they both have the ABS kits. They both also have the fuel/water separators on the side of the motor. Is this the same one you are refering to?

I had this truck running perfectly and now she wants to fight me on this onw. Boy, do I hate water in the fuel.