• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My own Idea for an M920A1

M920

Ok....so I always liked the running gear of the M920.....just thought they where pretty ugly....hmmmm....

Well....after a few sleepless nights and about 6 years of mods.....it finally started to grow on me.....so here are some pics of my "concept" M920A1 after a few "tweeks"

Maybe the Army lets me convert the rest of their Fleet.....lol

Attachments

M920

Thanks again.....other than the first pic...thie one of the original m920....it's actually all the same truck....just in different stages....lol

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site, Soni!! I have drooled over your rigs in the pages of 4-wheeling mags for years. I love your tow rig and would appreciate it if you would post some more pictures of it during fabrication.

dm22630

WOW!!!!!

I thought it was a HET....

How much did all this "tweeking" end up costing?? You have one awesome truck! I would love to see more pics of the interior & exterior!

[thumbzup]

bad boy

Zoinks! Glad to read you have a manual trans in that rig! Can you shoot some pics of the Cummins ISX setup and interior shots?

Whats the tare weight on just the tractor? 35,000#???

Thanks for sharing!
Andy

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M920.....just thought they where pretty ugly....
Glad you signed on here M920 . . . home of the the budding AM General/CCC civiliian ownership brotherhood.

It's funny, because I think my M915 is the best looking truck I've ever seen. Love the butterfly hood and the angular fenders . . .

HMMM, not seeing your USDOT number painted on your truck? Maybe I missed it.

Hope you post up more adventures. We are just getting started here.

M920

Welcome to the site, Soni!! I have drooled over your rigs in the pages of 4-wheeling mags for years. I love your tow rig and would appreciate it if you would post some more pictures of it during fabrication.

Thanks....I will post some more pics.....just got to dig them out....

M920

Glad you signed on here M920 . . . home of the the budding AM General/CCC civiliian ownership brotherhood.

It's funny, because I think my M915 is the best looking truck I've ever seen. Love the butterfly hood and the angular fenders . . .

Sorry....I did not mean to be offensive.... My M920 did not have a grill or grill guard when i got it....(see pics) so that probably did not help any....lol And I love the butterfly hood and the fenders!

Anyway....It does not have a DOT number because it is licensed in NM as a not for hire RV.

M920

WOW!!!!!

I thought it was a HET....

How much did all this "tweeking" end up costing?? You have one awesome truck! I would love to see more pics of the interior & exterior!

[thumbzup]

Ok.....as far as $ go.....I truely have no idea at this point....probably better that way....lol I will dig up some more picsof the 920a1....I also restored a M747 trailer to go with it....I will include some of those....

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NICE! Beautiful truck.:drool::drool::drool::drool:

What a fine way to haul railroad equipment.
Chama, huh?? Love that place!! Narrow gauge heaven. I am part of the Friends of the C&TS. Are you a "Friend" or an employee of C&TS?

Does the C&TS still have that awesome 5 Ton Fire/Brush Truck??

PorscheTech911

I agree with this as well! Welcome and nice truck! I think the 900 series trucks are the best looking out there, that's why I want one so bad :grin:

M920

wow i also thought it was a HET...what a nice job! come to washington!

Thanks....Well it might as well be a HET at this point. I swapped in a 600hp Cummins ISX (more ponies than the M1070) and an Fuller Roadranger RTLO 18 speed. I left the original Rockwell transfercase but changed the axles ratios to 4.88s versus the factory 6.17s..... that, and the 445/65R22.5 Michelin XZL WB's brought the top speed up to 78mph.
The truck is very nice to drive and even actually rides ok (well, in a military truck kind of way anyway! lol) considering the 33'000 pound curb weight and the 75'000 GVW....

I have not made it to Washington State yet.....the closest was Crecent City
CA....but I'm sure I will eventually buy somthing from GL up there....

M920

NICE! Beautiful truck.:drool::drool::drool::drool:

What a fine way to haul railroad equipment. Chama, huh?? Love that place!! Narrow gauge heaven. I am part of the Friends of the C&TS. Are you a "Friend" or an employee of C&TS?

Does the C&TS still have that awesome 5 Ton Fire/Brush Truck??
Good call.....I'm an employee of the C&TS. And yes we still have the 5 ton Fire truck. Unfortunately someone tried to run it up to Cumbres without any coolant in the engine.....that did not work to well.....scorched a hole in the cummins.....still runs but has a bad knock.....

eldgenb

Hi Soni, your truck is inspirational, if it wasn't for the fact that there is absolutely nothing I could use it for except to stare at it and sleep in it once in a while I would try to build one similar. By the way you are already a celebrity here if you did not already know.:-D