• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My own Idea for an M920A1

DMgunn

Welcome, Soni! Wasn't really necessary to post the pics of the 920 or the Scorpions, though - I already have 'em in the "Things/Ideas I think are cool" binder that I use for motivation :p........ Your imagination/work is second-to-none, and the military - themed stuff always works for me.

dittle

Soni,

Any way you could post a listing of all the mods you made to the truck? That is one sweet looking rig and I'm (as well as others) are curious as to what all goodies you have in your toy.

M920

Soni,

Any way you could post a listing of all the mods you made to the truck? That is one sweet looking rig and I'm (as well as others) are curious as to what all goodies you have in your toy.
Ok....I will try to do that!

WyoDeuce

Awesome truck, I have allways thought that a semi engine would be a great repower for a millitary truck. My semi truck has so much more power than the millitary engines. It's great to see a big truck that can drive all over the country.

M920

you said youve been to crescent city! How long is that set up? is it under 60 feet? bet that was fun on 101 or 199!
Well....I was pulling my 28' flat bed trailer....so overall lengh was under 50'.

The interesting part of the trip thought was Hwy 299 from Redding to Arcata! I had no idea, by just looking at my map, how steep and curvy that road really is.....sure made 101 drive like a breeze....Lol

davidkroberts

well thank you very much..... here i was thinking you bought some HET god knows what from who knows where and what do i find out...... it was built from the same trucks i see on GL every now and then. Now i want one.......

This entire hobby started from a google search looking for a 6-wheel drive amphibious vehicle for duck hunting (ARGO) and ended up finding a Gama Goat which was soon bought. Now im at a gama goat, unimog, 2 -m715's, 4- generators, a m101 trailer, and lots and lots of other stuff thats cycled through here.

I dont even know what i would do with it if i did build one but somehow know i probably should do something similar.

M920

"Trailer fetish"

well thank you very much..... here i was thinking you bought some HET god knows what from who knows where and what do i find out...... it was built from the same trucks i see on GL every now and then. Now i want one.......

This entire hobby started from a google search looking for a 6-wheel drive amphibious vehicle for duck hunting (ARGO) and ended up finding a Gama Goat which was soon bought. Now im at a gama goat, unimog, 2 -m715's, 4- generators, a m101 trailer, and lots and lots of other stuff thats cycled through here.

I dont even know what i would do with it if i did build one but somehow know i probably should do something similar.

Dave,

you should build one....even if you don't have a use for it yet! It is so much fun to drive....that ISX Cummins ROCKS!!!!

The truck runs like a dream (for a military truck anyway....so no crapy coments from the "Air ride cab jockeys")
It will top out at 78 mph, but with the cruise set, it will run 70 all day long up or down hill, in 18th gear....It's really SWEET!

Oh....and I had no trouble finding lots of uses for it, once I had built it! Lol

My good friend recently told me that i had a "Trailer Fetish" I tried to argue with him, saying that I had a use for all my trailers.

He said: No no....you don't understand.....let me explain the difference to you!

A "normal" human being ends up having a NEED for a trailer and then goes out and finds one that will work for his or her NEEDS!

YOU on the other hand (and other "trailer fetish" individuals) see a trailer that they really LIKE.....go and
buy it, and then figure out a use for it!

Well....needless to say....I could not really argue with that....so I must confess that I HAVE A TRAILER FETISH!

Ok...Now that it is all out in the open......this is what I would like to "share with the group"....

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A USE OR NEED FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU REALLY LIKE.......YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND A PURPOSE FOR IT LATER!!!!!! LOL

Soni

kochevnik

Hey Soni - you're dangerous man :) - I thought I had seen some amazing trucks here, but that one really takes the cake (and the whole bakery too). that is just an awesome truck

I saw in another thread what the tires were, can you tell me where you got the rims and what diameter and rim width they are ?

davidkroberts

well your probably right, since i dont have anything now i would just end up dragging around stuff for other people...... or hauling freight on the ice road for a season just for the fun of it...... or buying something big just so i can tow it.

I have had designs on a expansible van camper who knows what may happen

M920

Hey Soni - you're dangerous man :) - I thought I had seen some amazing trucks here, but that one really takes the cake (and the whole bakery too). that is just an awesome truck

I saw in another thread what the tires were, can you tell me where you got the rims and what diameter and rim width they are ?

Thanks!

The wheels are made by Accuride.... they are a 22.5 by 13" wide.

If you need....I can provide the part # They are available from any Accuride Dealer.

Soni

Soni,

I shall cast another vote for this idea. Two questions if they were not already answered: What mods do you think were most beneficial, and if you had to do it over again, what would you change?

Thanks, PoindeXter

Seatyger

I started with a 12 inch lifted 91 Suburban with XML's......but it wasn't enough. Then I tried a lifted 95 Suburban with a one ton Dually rear end...........but it wasn't enough. Workmates were building up Hummers and 450's ............... so I have begun playing with M135's...........now it doesn't seem to be enough so I thought, ah hah an M813 with super singles and HIAB Crane.....................

And now I see what you have created.

You Sir have now provided Inspiration to the Insanity !!!!!!!!!! I'm freaking speechless and that is rare! I'm relatively new to all of this but it appears that many here know you and your work and both are held with high regard.

As posted before, any tech info and photos you would be willing to pass along would be appreciated. In the meantime I hope you don't mind me printing photos of your truck and putting them under the Christmas tree!

All the best to you and yours.

Jim

rwbrown72

Do you need the wide load signs or are they just for show? I would like to build a truck similar to this one and I'm trying to get some of the basic questions answered up front. This is one cool vehicle and I love the Scorpion as well. Thanks for sharing the photos... Any chance to see the inside of the cab and S250?

nofearnohope

That truck is phenomenal! It definately has that "Mad Max" look to it. I am extremely impressed with your build and hope to see more of this one and any others you take on.