• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Advertiser

ah1955

I would think that one small ad in the corner is alot different then a group of people discusing bidding plans. Its there and to 99% of the people on this site its not news. Most that will or would be bidding know where to look and have there watch list already to go for sale locations that interrest them. That one or two bidders that an ad here might bring into the mix out of all the lots offered I don't think that would be a problem.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In a way I don't really like it but I can't afford to donate as much money as the GL add brings in, I can't offer a better way to raise money, and it's not my site so I'll live with it.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Smart advertising

This is great and I would not mind seeing some others here too take a look at AR15.com and they have buttons to take you to the sales web page. I hope that GL is paying a good price for this OD eye candy. I look at it as if I am in the market for one of the items I don't mind if one of you bids on it I usually have my high limit set and if you have a higher one then it is yours or we both loose out to a big company ready to turn a big profit on the item. Hey I may even see one I was looking for and did not have time to look for it.

Good Job Mike thats for all you and the rest of the mods do for the rest of us.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also want to add that I follow GL religiously...almost too religiously. Even though I scour their site daily, I still miss trucks. I guarantee that people will see trucks that they would not have normally seen just by looking at this site. I know this has already happened...a friend (I don't want to mention his name, but he can chime in if he chooses) told me that he clicked on a pic that popped up because a certain deuce was tan and he likes tan deuces. I must say...GL has really done their job well. Even though I don't want them on this site, they have paid their money and I guess they are here to stay. I, too, would like one of their reps to contact us about improving their customer service among other things. Let's face it, the only reason we do business with them is that they are basically the only game in town (aside from ebay and GSA...and a few smaller, less known auction sites that I'd rather not mention here).

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I think some of my friends are missing that SS is a benevolent dictatorship. This is not OUR site - this is Chris's siite - unless something has changed in ten years or so since he was a struggling student with a passion for things MV living in my neck of the woods - and paying for the site solely from his own pocket.

If Chris decides he needs advertising dollars from the Madame Katrina's S&M Emporium to pay the bills - bills for US to have a playhouse - that is HIS call, and his call alone, as I see it.

To my simple mind - complainig about this is like being invited to a friend's house for dinner and then complaining about the food. I doubt anyone here would sit across from Chris at his dinner table and say "I really don't like what you've fixed me for dinner" - but the internet puts a level of separation into things, and its easy to forget - this site isn't free - and while its open to the public - it is no more public than each of our homes, and our host's wishes should be respected. Sure, some of us have made donations - but to me that is like bringing dessert to the friend's dinner party - we may have contributed something - but the host still bought the meat, dinner table, roof over head, etc. A chicken makes a contribution to my ham and egg breakfast - but the hog is committed - and Chris is committed to this site!

My .02,
David Doyle

dc3coyote

I do not mind the GL ads, but come on I bid on 3 trucks and all 3 were listed in the upper left corner.
Oh I lost on all 3 at 1630 by a few hundred dollars, Oh well next time I will pay more attention.

mangus580

dc3coyote said:
I do not mind the GL ads, but come on I bid on 3 trucks and all 3 were listed in the upper left corner.
Oh I lost on all 3 at 1630 by a few hundred dollars, Oh well next time I will pay more attention.
What in the world are you talking about??? ALL the ads in the corner, are a starting auction date of 1/28???? How could you lose something that hasnt even opened yet???

poppop

I agree with David Doyle also. Its Chris's site and he can do as he pleases. Here at my farm I tell people if you are not happy with what I do and the way I do it you can leave. As far as GL, I had found them before I knew about SS. I check all the sales in the surrounding states each week and save the things I am interested in. As such I have not paid any attention to the new ad. I think anyone interested enough in MV's to have found SS also found GL in their search as it usually pops up anytime I search trying to find something new on the net about MV's.

surpdlr

As a Paid advertiser here, I find this to be a real slap in the face!!! If GL had the same type of random pop up ad as other advertisers it would be a level and fair playing field, but that is not the case!!!

And while I agree this IS a Dictatorship, if it is to be taken at all seriously, dissenting posts, such as the ones from Don Bagwell, need to be left for ALL to see. (He tells me his post’s on the subject have been deleted!!)

After all this site in the past has been the GL bashing Club. I guess that will have to change now, since anybody bad mouthing GL, will be attacking a PAID advertiser!!

Two paid advertisers on one page.... It’s just not right!! (at least when you paid for one advertiser at a time pop up ads...)

Attachments

SasquatchSanta

I "also" wholeheartedly agree with you David Doyle.

Creating a successful website is a lot like making a baby. They are fun to conceive but he!! to deliver --- not to mention costly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks