• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New post button to include classified ads, vote now.

Should the classifieds posts roll into the new post button searches?

• Yes

Votes: 48 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 40 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Currently the new post button is setup to only return results from the discussion forums and exclude the classifieds forums. I did this at first because people were complaining about the ads showing up in their new posts searches. We've had the new classifieds up and running for a little while now and the wanted section doesn't really get the traffic it needs. And honestly I only check the classifieds when I can think about it. So let's have a vote, who wants the classifieds posts to fall into the new posts button? The vote will stay up for two weeks. So vote now.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
this will only make it harder to control classified adds in the forum, people need to learn to use the classified add section now that the mess is getting cleaned up, we have bitched about this for years, now that it is on the road to recovery, we do not need to DETORE that recovery

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's why I'm placing it to a vote. It worked fine being in the new post button on the site I previously admin'ed with way more members and posts. I'm not sure how it'd make it harder to control. I honestly don't keep tabs on every classified ad like I need to.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
MY friend Mr Spell Check said I was right in the spelling, It would hurt the feelings of MR. S.C. If I did not follow his RECOMENDATIONS, and trust me, YOU do NOT want me to hurt the feelings of Mr. S.C.

Last edited:

3dAngus

I read the new posts every day. But I love the classifieds equally well, and love to buy and sell stuff. I often forget to read the classifieds and see what new is cooking. If it were in the new posts section like originally done, I would not miss a thing. It also lends to better organization to the newer stuff for sale, where when I do go to the classifieds, there are several different categories and I have to sort through each and every one now just to see what I missed. It takes a lot of time to do so.

I hate missing stuff, especially some of the great deals the SSer's have to offer. Thanks for the consideration.

firefirefire90

Every other forum I am on and have been on, when you hit new posts you have the classified adds mixed in with the regular posts. On these forums, ranging into the far teens, people do not become confused/afraid/upset/ with classifieds mixed in with the new posts. Some of these forums are 2-3x the size of this one. I fully support this.

SPCWarning

I believe this has a lot to do with "parts wanted". For instance, if I had a part for an M813 buried in back of my shop somewhere (out of sight, out of mind), that just may be the only part another member needs to get him/her going, I wouldn't go to the classifeds daily to see if someone needed it. And if I'm not looking for parts for my own MV, I don't visit the classifeds too often. It's like a "missing link" that should help others who need parts, and sometimes they need the parts right away. That's the way I understand it anyway. Is this correct? If so, this is a great idea. One of the most important aspects of Steel Soldiers I've seen is everyone's willingness to help each other. This will help tremendously.
Jimmy

deuceaid

Banned
I voted, then read the part about wanted stuff............well I think the wanted should roll into it,,,,,but not the for sale stuff etc. can this be split to do that, cause I dont want to know what everyone is selling (only what I`m looking for) , but I would like to see if someone needs something I might have.....

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel strongly both ways but I would rather not clutter the "New Post" list with classified stuff. I think your approach of showing the new classified posts makes it very easy for sellers and buyers to keep up with classified activity without reading though the full wanted list each time. Sort of a great blend for all concerned.

3dAngus

Pushed wrong button....Sorry
OK Patracy, I have an idea:whistle:

If he hit the wrong button, and it is the yes button, just leave it alone.

If he hit the wrong button, and it is the no button, delete it.

Or did I get the buttons mixed up. Uhhhh..... I think I hit the wrong button.:???:

edit: Nope, I got the right button. He got the wrong button. He hit the "No" button and it should be deleted.
If he hit the "Yes" button, it would be an even tie.

I think this is voter fraud. Maybe we should just throw it all out, and put the classified posts in the new posts. <snicker, snicker>

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like politics, vote early and vote often. To be quite honest, I don't know what the "new post" button is.

Vintage iron

Keep the classifieds separate. The forums are for people who are asking for help with a issue. The issue maybe troubleshooting a problem or help locating a hard to find part. Yes, there is some overlap but for the most part they are different. I don't want to be buried in Classifieds when I am trying to search the forum archives. It is hard enough to find what you are looking for, we don't need the classifieds gumming up the works. Thank you, I hope this will help with your decision.

Cucvnut

I agree with Atwater I mean you guys are so anti classifieds you forget to check them like how no one looked at my post and i know people have parts. But if no one see's the wanted-section how are we supposed to help each other ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks