• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newer! 2010 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

Jon_H

Thanks to all who put on the rally and made the guy with the funny accent welcome, even if I was only there for a couple of hours. Nice to meet Clinto, who tapped me on the shoulder as I was driving along (either you're a fast runner, or I'm a slow driver ;-) )

I will definitely be planning on a camp-out for next years event.

Didn't manage to make a trail ride, apparently I tagged onto the wrong convoy :roll: but I did get to tour around the local area in the "Proud American" convoy, and sample a bit of good ol' US diesel fumes (funnily enough, they smell and taste just like good old British diesel fumes :mrgreen: )

Anyhoo, here're some pics. see y'all next time

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Not sure if it was posted or not but we DID achieve the 75 vehicles my telepathic powers had identified as the number of vehicles we would have.

At 0700 Friday we had 71 vehicles and 33 trailers and that didn't include those outside the compound nor the folks that brought any in and left.

My magical vision is saying 84 for next year.

Blythewoodjoe

Well it was good to meet all the new people. I want to apologize for the chrome wheels on the back of my Dodge ambulance, I just didn't have time to change out the wheels before the trip :mrgreen:.

Just for information purposes, I was wondering if the lights I put up Thursday and Friday night between the kitchen and the campfire was a positive thing. It was a little work to put them up and I was not sure if they where helpful of not. Point is, I will bring them for future events if most of you guys thought they where useful. I personally found not having to hold a flashlight in my mouth in the port-a-john very nice :shock:.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made it back to the LZ at 2030 hours, after stopping off at Cafe Risque to drop off Floridianson's genset. Good trip, no issues. Thanx again to the MKT crew, everyone involved in organizing. And to Mike at Durhamtown, I owe a "special" thanx, for finally being able to screw up my paint job!

Attachments

Westech

CPL
Well hats off to you clinto. I think the rally is going to grow to something larger then Aberdeen. I will do my best to get there next year. Its not a Rally till Westy, Gimp, Clinto and DH are all there.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I rode in the back of Clinto's duece. We did have all the heavy weights on the left side.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ron not a one asked didnt put something in the pot for the fuel to get your truck home. we are a family and westy it was a super rally without you :jumpin:. but you were missed [thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As you know, I wecked my wrecker on the way to the rally and PB was good enough to offer to go and get the 819, take it to my house and bring my pov back, Thur. night SOMEONE or SOMETWO took up a collection, then gave it to me to give to PB to cover the fuel cost for the recovery, this was about a 5 hour or better trip.

THANK YOU SS, I AM VERY HUMBLE TO HAVE FRIENDS LIKE YOU

I thought i was putting this in the info thread, but missed just a bit

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Ron,
I believe everyone on SS, or SSGA are just happy you're still amongst us. You took a heck of a ride but anyone can fix the truck. You can't replace good troops and that is why we all chipped in for diesel. Larry re-appropriated his Landoll to help you out but to also give you a hard time about having an 819 that is larger than his 816 only to then have to call on him to pick the 819 off the side of the road. I know I watched him rub that in quite a few times around the fire. I will say you took it well though.

Joseph

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
As you know, I wecked my wrecker on the way to the rally
Another big thank you to the CAMO crew.
And remember Ron, like we discussed at the rally the fact that you served in the USAF and your truck has USAF markings does not mean you should attempt to fly it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ron,
give you a hard time about having an 819 that is larger than his 816 only to then have to call on him to pick the 819 off the side of the road. I know I watched him rub that in quite a few times around the fire. I will say you took it well though.

Joseph
THANKS JOE
I dish it out with the best of them, If you cant take it dont dish

AMGeneral

Well,seeing as I usually either forget the camera or forget to take pics,I just let Jennifer have the camera all weekend,150 pictures total!!:shock:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks