• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newer! 2010 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Yeah, somehow gimpy, myself and a few others talked the great Carnac into staying up until about 0400 that night getting totally wasted with us :doh::shock:.

All was good for me anyway until about 0800 that morning when Adam and Eric (Ferrogynecologist and doghead) decided to come storming into the tent playing "Dueling Banjos" on an mp3 player. I distinctly remember someone saying "you sure got a purdy mouth there boy"
:funny:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This years rally has definitely grown and gotten better since last years event. A big THANK YOU to Clinto for taking time from his daily chores to plan and organize such a great event. I met quite a few new faces and saw some of the friends I made at last years rally, all in all, a great time. The trails this year were much better than last years in my opinion.

Once again the MKT crew, Mike, Richard, Pam, bamalady, Walter, Monica and anybody who I forgot to mention outdid themselves with the food this year. I know this is a full time job for the week and thankless at times, but you guys are much appreciated.

Depending on the date of the '11 rally I'm gonna try to make it again, even if it's just for a day or two in a civi car.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should have heard them after they got back to the tent.......

sw

LOL - I'm REALLY GLAD I didn't hear it....

I think we need a "Don't Ask - Don't Tell" Policy. . . Do they not realize how many NEW MEMBERS they are scaring away :?:rofl

It's bad enough we who didn't attend have to hear about it here.... I skeered some yahoo is going to start hollaring....
nopics

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL - I'm REALLY GLAD I didn't hear it....

I think we need a "Don't Ask - Don't Tell" Policy. . . Do they not realize how many NEW MEMBERS they are scaring away :?:rofl

It's bad enough we who didn't attend have to hear about it here.... I skeered some yahoo is going to start hollaring....
nopics

Hey, we were in the middle of nowhere in GA after all !!!!!!!!!!!!

I snapped a pic of my trip computer off the GPS just a bit ago. 1530 mile round trip in a deuce !!!!! Average moving speed of a mind blowing speed of almost 50 MPH :shock:. Over 30 hours behind the wheel just driving, and over 5 hours combined for fuel stops, loading and unloading at gimps place, and food.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wish I knew where to begin!

If I leave you out, it's not intentional, believe me.

First, thanks to everyone who showed up. I always worry someone will make an epic journey and then not have a good time. So we hope you had a great time.

Second, thanks to SCSG-G4 and Wreckerman893 for their MKT presence and performance-and all their help: Green Gator, Woody Wood, Monica, MDmorgan and MDmorganwife, Bamalady and MDmorganwife's parents and anyone else I am forgetting. The amazing amount of work you guys do allows the rally attendees to spend their time buying goods from our vendors and playing on the trails. I fully believe a big part of the SSGR's growth is due to the MKT providing tasty meals to our rallygoers at a great price.

Third, thanks to Papabear and all the CAMO crew for supporting the rally in such a big way. I am pretty sure we are the only SS rally that can say we've had armored vehicles. :D Papabear and the guys also saved the day going to pick up Ron's deadlined M819 and dragging it back to his house.

Fourth, thanks to everyone who brought firewood.

Fifth, thanks to Squirt Truck and Dumpster, who ran our trailrides. They put a lot of work into checking out the trails and making sure that our big stuff would fit and was safe. Squirt and Dumpster put a lot of effort into the rally this year and I appreciate it.

Sixth, thanks to Carnac who took on the formidable task of keeping count of vehicles-he had to go out in the field every morning before people started leaving for trailrides and get updated counts-and make sure he wasn't counting the same vehicle twice. Carnac also provided support in numerous other ways and without him and his input, the rally this year simply wouldn't have been this good.

Seventh, thanks to all our vendors who showed up this year. We had an entire row and vendors and I hope it was worth all their time, effort and cost to come down.

Eighth, thanks to Mike who owns Durhamtown and all his staff. Mike has taken a great interest in our rally and all of his staff is just absolutely great. We really appreciate their hospitality. This thanks goes to Lauren Clifton as well.

Ninth, thanks to Ferroequineologist for bringing out clintogf's newest deuce. :D

Tenth, thanks to flyusn99 for bringing me a new transmission to replace the blown up one in one of my winch trucks.

Eleventh, thanks to BlythewoodJoe who brought out some nifty lights that helped keep part of the MKT and campfire areas lit.

Twelfth, thanks to Tennmogger and all our commo guys for attempting to put together a usable commo system to get between camp and the trailriders-I know they encountered some frustrations is getting a usable system in place and we appreciate their work.

I wish I had taken some pics, but I was so busy the whole weekend that I never had a chance to pull the camera from the truck. So please post pics everybody!

In closing, I hope everyone had a great time. I got to meet a lot of new guys and people I've never met and I got to see a lot of great looking MV's.

This week I should have the date set for next year's event and I think Carnac is going to run an "after action report" thread where we can discuss what went right and what needs improving.

Keep your eyes on the SSGR11 website: Welcome To The SSGR Page!

:D

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The CAMO Crew got back to the Compound around 15:30hrs yesterday with no issues.
All the folks said the Rally was MUCH better than last year...and I KNOW it was 10 times better than 08.

I would call the whole adventure a smashing success and just hope we can get the same dates next year...but I forgot to ask Clinto or anyone.

Thanks to all who attended...it took everyone to make it outstanding!!!:-D

Attachments

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eleventh, thanks to BlythewoodJoe who brought out some nifty lights that helped keep part of the MKT and campfire areas lit.

I have to agree the lighting was pretty nifty. Those are the same things I have up at Lane's place waiting for me. I saw Joe setting them up I had to go over and help so I could check them out up close and see what they are like. They were way cool!!!!!

Jimma

The rally was awesome. I enjoyed getting to know so many new people and taking a few crazy trail rides that were pretty hairy. However, the deuces never backed down or lost traction thanks to brute strength of televisionmans aka "oddballs" truck and the skills of cessnatwin at the wheel. Cant wait till next year. I will post some pictures soon.

phil2968

We had a great time at this years rally! My son has never driven his little Jeep so far at one time, if you were there you know the Jeep I'm talking about. It was great seeing all the friends from this site and meeting some new ones. I am already planning on next years rally! Here's a few of my pics of the goings on around the compound.

Attachments

AMGeneral

A few pics of the convoy home on Sunday.

Folks,I had a blast,the 915 and lowboy gave no problems,Oddball the Deuce stepped up and shouldered the load for the trail rides and a few recoveries,and once again came home without any issues.Not bad for a 43 year old truck that hasn't moved since the GA rally last year.

I'm already making plans for next year,as soon as the dates are set,I'm making my reservations at Durhamtown.

Attachments

Last edited:

ctmustang

I sure had a great time. But the 8 1/2 hour ride in each direction was killer! I sure was glad Gimpy remembered to bring my springer which I installed rite away for the return trip home. I finally arrived home around 1900 hrs sunday nite. A big thanks to my deuce for hauling me around the east coast trouble free. And there's Neil Hendrix my convoy partner there in a pic getting over the ride down to the rally and then you'll all recognize the world famous PAPABEAR there at the campfire who seemed to be able to talk us in to tipping the antifreeze jug one too many times. Papabear you're a cool guy! Still recovering from Zouts special jug of juice but sure hated for the rally to end. I'll be ready for next year.
CT

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a great time. Many thanks to all that worked so hard to make it happen for the rest of us.

Here are pctrans, televisionman007 (AKA oddball), and cessnatwin either having lunch or making some kind of deal...... Vinnie (hope I got the name right) and Rayzer (AKA chainsaw). I hope the earplugs worked out for you TVman.... HAA!!!

Attachments

GamaGoatGirl

Here are some pics that Doghead took while at the rally! Sounds like it was a great time since that is all he has talked about for the last 3 hours!

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

Amy - we know better - DH cannot have no pics as he was in a coma the entire time - if you do see pics of him we had to prop him up against something solid:jumpin::jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks