• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newer! 2010 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

T

televisionman007

The rally was awesome. I enjoyed getting to know so many new people and taking a few crazy trail rides that were pretty hairy. However, the deuces never backed down or lost traction thanks to brute strength of televisionmans aka "oddballs" truck and the skills of cessnatwin at the wheel. Cant wait till next year. I will post some pictures soon.
darn skippy but sad to say the duece has been sold:jumpin:

T

televisionman007

I had a great time. Many thanks to all that worked so hard to make it happen for the rest of us.

Here are pctrans, televisionman007 (AKA oddball), and cessnatwin either having lunch or making some kind of deal...... Vinnie (hope I got the name right) and Rayzer (AKA chainsaw). I hope the earplugs worked out for you TVman.... HAA!!!
dude the ear plugs worked as long as rayzer didnt snore lol and cessnatwin and pctrans are pretty cool in my book:driver:

zout

That pic of Phils and his wife's boys were terrific over there to watch tooling around in their blue air force jeep - last time I saw one of them he was headed out the back 40 to follow someone to the trails. Great boys to see and have around - I know they enjoyed the marshmellows my wife always stores away for the little ones to make them feel at home.

Those kinds of pics are what our futures are all about.

T

televisionman007

I just realized something... I had the only tan M109 at the rally...:idea:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a day late but here goes! My trip was just shy of 1300 miles all total. Had a great time again. Thanks to all of the folks who volunteered at the MKT. I'd surely forget names so I'm not even going to try. Clinto did a masterful job of not sweating it and letting the little things work their way out as they always do. Joe Trapp, the lights were great......as long as they're out by ten. Went on several trail rides and even got to do a late night technical ride with Gimpyrobb and JW4x4. What a blast and Gimp, I'm now shopping for more Diatch lights. LOL I did quite a bit of wheeling and dealing and even brought up 3 trailers. Came back with a near empty deuce and a quite full pioneer trailer. For all those who bought my bar code readers, thanks for helping me eat. As usual, I never got the camera out for pics. There is so much I'm forgetting. Oh, TVMan (Oddball, I like that), was this Travis person a young feller? No worries on the towing lights, sure it was probably a dirty connection on the shop van as they worked perfectly on my truck. For those who wondered, I did ride that unicycle, maybe only 100' at a time but I rode it. Seems my center of gravity has changed in the 25 years since I last rode one.

We went out on a trail ride Saturday night and ended up in the "Swamp". Only took a few minutes for Ferro to sink the M818 deep in tha cabbage and muck. Woody stepped up and went for the retrieval since deuces aren't heavy enough. Well, Woody got sucked up by the same cabbage as Ferro did and in no time all the big trucks were stuck. My truck has a recently installed winch but not PTO as I got it at the rally. Out came the 6" snatch-up strap and after a few bangs, got Woody right out. Meanwile a nice young man in a deuce with no top managed to back right up to Ferro. We rushed the 6" strap over there and got him rigged up and debarked the bed load of passengers he had so that he could do the recovery. I gave him a quick lesson on strap recovery and within about 5 tugs, he had it all figured out! Nearly 20 jerks later, some of them at least 20', he pulled Adam to terra firma. Adams truck was buried up to the bumper and I seriously doubt that anyone without strap experience would have bet that we could free it. Travis ( I hope that's right), thanks for being humble enough to listen to an old recovery expert give a quick lesson and applying it to the task and getting Adams truck out against the odds. You are a great representation of the generation we need to hand off our hobby to!

Thanks everyone for a great time. Mike and Jerry, thanks again for all you guys do for me!

Peace, out!

Last edited:

cessnatwin

I had to leave the rally w/ Redneck and ODDBALL007 aka televisionman007, and head to Warner Robins AFB to pick up equipment, but glad hand problems left the tractor and trailer in Macon at SETOYOTA's home until I get the repair parts, but here it is!

Attachments

T

televisionman007

There is so much I'm forgetting. Oh, TVMan (Oddball, I like that), was this Travis person a young feller? No worries on the towing lights, sure it was probably a dirty connection on the shop van as they worked perfectly on my truck.
yes kenny he was

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks