• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS USMC M1028 from Norway Storage

wayne pick

What a great story, and price considering what beat to death 1008 and 1009s are being bid for on GL. A few clean 1031s are trickeling through for $7000k plus. It's at a point where all that's left is, no key, does not start, missing parts trucks. My M1031 is a super clean 99% rust free truck and people are amazed at it's condition but yours looks like it came out of a time capsule. Hit the local car shows, sooner or later the word will be out and you might get a writeup in a 4/4 mag or a feature story on the show "TRUCKS". Have fun with it! WP

sandcobra164

Got a lovely phone call from NCIS today, the dang thing could possibly be hot!!! In my eyes, what a kick in the tail. I'm not sure where this mess may go but I've truly got the wind knocked out of me at the moment. I'll know more Monday when I go in to do an interview with the investigator. It's a 27 year old truck, they shouldn't want it back but you never know. They certainly want pictures of it.

sandcobra164

I purchased it from a private party. I got a bill of sale, registered it, put insurance on it and have had it for almost 3 years now. We'll see what comes of it. I'm not suspected of any wrongdoing but I'm worried the truck may go away. I won't fight it, heck I really can't I don't think. I'm just worried about my youngest son as he is very attached to the truck.

AJMBLAZER

Hmmm...sucks.
If NCIS is involved they must think it left the government's possession illegally...you'd think...?
Odd. Please keep us updated and good luck.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got a lovely phone call from NCIS today, the dang thing could possibly be hot!!! In my eyes, what a kick in the tail. I'm not sure where this mess may go but I've truly got the wind knocked out of me at the moment. I'll know more Monday when I go in to do an interview with the investigator. It's a 27 year old truck, they shouldn't want it back but you never know. They certainly want pictures of it.
You have GOT to be kidding me!!!:shock::shock::(

sandcobra164

Pics I have of it!!! He's truly been a part of my Family and the Greater SS Family for a while. We'll see where it goes. If the Gov takes it back, they'll DRMO it again and if the original deal was not legit, I'll buy it back. Briggs loves the truck, I don't need it but I fear my youngest is Autistic and I have the tests to prove that, I'll do all I can to help him attain the quality of life that he deserves and I'll do all I can to provide that. I'm worried about the truck leaving my yard for an extended period. If the Gov takes the truck, he's the real victim of this mess. DaDa will do what he can to put things back in order and get it back in my yard. Just for mention, the truck is in no danger and is still parked in my yard at this moment. Just don't know what the future may hold.

Attachments

sandcobra164

I should have been more clear in my last post, Autistic kids get very attached to stuff, get upset if stuff is not lined up properly and get real upset if something is missing. Briggs displays all of those symptoms and I normally have my "motorpool" arranged a certain way. He'd notice if "Sarge" wasn't there. I'm not calling for sympathy in this post, I hope the deal was legit but I figured I'd share with the SS Community.

Skinny

Sounds like it needs to go into witness protection or something like it. Fight the good fight...keep that thing from being crushed into a cube!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sounds like it needs to go into witness protection or something like it. Fight the good fight...keep that thing from being crushed into a cube!
Funny you said that cause I was just thinking.:shock:

If NCIS works anything like the Army CID I betcha they would have coordinated to have the vehicle impounded and under military control until things are sorted out. That may be a good sign.:|

Sounds more like they are investigating procedures on the base and that vehicle may be part of it....which of course is NOT a good sign.

Anyhoo...good luck and God Bless

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, sorry to hear this!

Hope it ends in your favor.

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice Truck[thumbzup] Good Post. And just think, I have spent about 2 years off and on working on my truck, plus lots of $$$$$ to get It where It Is today. No I am not Jealous aua Good Luck with The Coppers. AKA The Man.

wayne pick

I should have been more clear in my last post, Autistic kids get very attached to stuff, get upset if stuff is not lined up properly and get real upset if something is missing. Briggs displays all of those symptoms and I normally have my "motorpool" arranged a certain way. He'd notice if "Sarge" wasn't there. I'm not calling for sympathy in this post, I hope the deal was legit but I figured I'd share with the SS Community.
My girlfriends nephew is autistic, and is enamored with my 1031. He too lines up all his stuff symmetrically. He didn't speak a word untill he was about 6 yrs old, now at 10 ya can't shut him up, LOL. I have gotten really close to him, a great kid. Hope all turns out well with that once in a lifetime truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow dh. Are ya going soft in your old age?
Ah, no.

If you ever meet Joseph, you'll understand my compassion. He is a really nice guy with a really nice family.

His circumstance with this truck, is a real bummer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks