• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS USMC M1028 from Norway Storage

donalloy1

First 9. I should add that the random sprays of tan or brown are not paint marks. I live on a light tan sandy dirt road and the GA Rally had some brownish red clay this year. When clean, the truck has no random spots with one exception. When it was new, someone drove over a freshly painted white stripe on the pavement so it has white dots all over the back bumper. That Marine that drove it did that so they will stay. I'll wash it if you need better pics.
Wonder what TAM D1082 stands for on left front of Hood???

sandcobra164

Wonder what TAM D1082 stands for on left front of Hood???
The Marines have for years assigned a TAMCN number to assets. The D at the beginning of it tells me that it was a "Motor T" asset. The other 4 numbers referred to a configuration of an assigned asset. You can have two vehicles of the same NSN configured differently, you refer to the TAM number to figure out how it was configured and determine if that particular asset even matches what the Unit's T/O specifies. I've heard it referred to as "clear as mud now?" I agree. D1082 was a rare TAM and the NSN on this truck on the dataplate starts with the usual 2320. It's NSN "became" a 4210 start due to the firefighting equipment that was associated with it. The Marines have a unique supply system and it seems to work for them. I wish I knew the system better because it is interesting to say the least. It must work because the Marines Pride themselves on accountability.

sandcobra164

I think you pretty much got me squared away sandcobra! Thank you very much for support! Boy they run those tires hard! The one thing that I am still unclear on is how and where if at all Marine Corps applies unit level ID to CUCV vehicles? Such as 2/6 Fox Company... When I was in so long ago! We applied our unit ID to our Armored vehicles. Any input from SSer's would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully, DMLII sends
DMLII,
You have to remember that my truck was never assigned to a unit. It was a prepositioned asset so it has only the bare minimum markings that would identify it as a Marine Corps truck. The only "unique" markings are the "Site Code B" markings on the front bumper and tailgate. Those markings were likely added in Norway when it was inducted in the PrePo program many years ago. Maybe someone on here will contribute some USMC markings that identify a CUCV to a unit.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Pre-Po stocks here only have unit markings on items that have been transferred out of existing units and inducted into the program. (There's various methods but unsure of public release, so I'm not going to go in depth). When vehicles get a paint job the markings are lost and not replaced until unit issued. Most of the ones I see have a plywood or metal painted card outlining the details of the vehicle vs. the USMC painting it right on the vehicle.

sandcobra164

dtdoyle01, sharecropper, and I need help in the ¨Members Rides¨ section with votes for May MV of the month. A CUCV has not won yet and although I'm partial to my truck, please vote with your heart as they are all nice examples. I've read through sharecropper's build thread and he has done some awesome work on that truck from where he started so if the CUCV crowd gave him the nod, I wouldn't be upset at all. I still love mine and my youngest Briggs loves it as well. He's the reason I still have it after all the mess this truck went through.

sandcobra164

That's cool, I don't have even 1 vote. Makes me wonder how great this truck is and why there was such a fuss about me wanting to lift it and put bigger tires on it. Oh Well, it's worth alot to my youngest and to heck with the voting process.

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

They have to hit 20 MV'S first, then they open the vote. You have my vote once it opens. Dude, you still have a great NOS truck, doubt we will see another like that come downrange. I just saw this thread for the first time today and read it in its entirety. You have had a heckava ride over the past couple of years. Glad it worked out for you.

sandcobra164

Back in the polls again!!! A CUCV has never Won the MV of the Month contest but there is some strong competition this month!!! Let's put a CUCV on Top!!!

sandcobra164

Bert,
Thank You!!! Now I ask that the rest of the CUCV crowd vote as well. I'm up against some very nice trucks along with a Gama Goat so it's going to take everyone's help to see a CUCV in the Winner's Circle.

sandcobra164

CUCV in the Winner's Circle

Broke new ground today!!! A CUCV has finally Won MV of the Month. Very Interesting read if you're never read this thread from the start. My youngest Briggs is the real winner in all of this, both with us being able to keep the truck and with the truck winning the Steel Soldiers MV of the Month contest.

Attachments

MaiNiaK

So glad everything worked out for You and your Son.

I'm a firm believer, that if something is ment to be, it will be.
Brought forth by your honesty and integrity, this was ment to be...

Congratulations..!!

sandcobra164

http://www.walb.com/story/30003850/3-sentenced-in-marine-base-trucking-bribery-trial

I'll provide a short update that Sarge is free from harm. He was caught up within this scheme in which I almost became a defendant. I posted earlier that I didn't think I would be found and that perhaps coming forward to NCIS was a risky decision. I got called to provide testimony for the defense earlier this year. The defense attorney never called me as a witness as I went to the DA directly after receiving the summons. One of the defendants did testify that I had purchased a truck from another member involved in the scheme. So glad that I did come forward when I did and cleared my name. I made the purchase in good faith, paid for it with a cashiers check made in the supposed owners name, registered it with a tag and put insurance on it from day 1. I also provided all of that as evidence to NCIS once I came forward after hearing some of the allegations. It's not completely over. I'm awaiting a day in court when they sentence the person who sold me the truck.

Long and Short, stay above board and all will be good.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.walb.com/story/30003850/3-sentenced-in-marine-base-trucking-bribery-trial

I'll provide a short update that Sarge is free from harm. He was caught up within this scheme in which I almost became a defendant. I posted earlier that I didn't think I would be found and that perhaps coming forward to NCIS was a risky decision. I got called to provide testimony for the defense earlier this year. The defense attorney never called me as a witness as I went to the DA directly after receiving the summons. One of the defendants did testify that I had purchased a truck from another member involved in the scheme. So glad that I did come forward when I did and cleared my name. I made the purchase in good faith, paid for it with a cashiers check made in the supposed owners name, registered it with a tag and put insurance on it from day 1. I also provided all of that as evidence to NCIS once I came forward after hearing some of the allegations. It's not completely over. I'm awaiting a day in court when they sentence the person who sold me the truck.

Long and Short, stay above board and all will be good.
WOW! Glad that it has worked out for you so far!! Lying is never a "good decision". They are notoriously hard to keep track of, have a record of coming back and biting the person that did it, and in general earn the person who does it a well earned dis-reputation. Happy that "Sarge" gets to stay with you and your son. All in all though, it's a truck. Your honor and integrity are priceless. Glad that Lady Justice kept the scales balanced in truths favor. Doesn't always happen that way, but glad it did this time! Those were some MONSTROUS restitution amounts! How much did they scam off?!?!? Greed, something for nothing.....................been around for a LONG time....................will probably be around for a lot longer too.

sandcobra164

One more time CUCV Fans!!! Sarge is in the running for MV of the Year!!! We need all the help we can get as there are some very nice trucks available to vote for. With your help, we put a M1028 in the Winner's Circle in May. I need your help again to seal a MV of the Year Victory. Please check the "Member's Rides" subforum and do your best!!!

Thanks,
Joseph