• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODDBALLs M109 w trailer

ODDBALL007

Oddball, did you see that, Don is abusing your baby by leaving it out in the cold without even a blanket.
Bad Don, Bad Don
See Jon where I come from my baby slept in garage. Don promised me he woould take great care of her if I let him take her. I may have to help Don by building him a garage. Cuz she is freezing

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She can take it!
Remember there isn't any salt in the snow.
That lil' bit o frozen water particles on 'er is proly not as bad as that salty breeze way down thar in FLA :wink:

If Don doesn't have the room for that garage at his AO, you can build it here, just trying to help keep your old baby from looking like this real soon. :mrgreen:

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See Jon where I come from my baby slept in garage. Don promised me he would take great care of her if I let him take her. I may have to help Don by building him a garage. Cuz she is freezing
Not many men has seen Oddballs Garage, if you want to call a 20,000 Sq ft hurricane proof building with 14 roll up doors a garage. I was impressed with Chris's hospitality, honesty and personality of being a proud American. He lives in a palace and is the most humble man I have ever met.

Chris if your serious I would pay you to build me a garage about 1/5th of your size would do me just fine. I don't need an airplane hanger for a M-109. I bet you could not last a full 8 hour construction shift in our winters weather, so be careful what you offer.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bob, I apperciate the offer.

Btw I have met BobH, he is another Proud American. The Huron national Park has the best drinking water Michigan has to offer. No sand in Bobs shoes.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris here are some pictures of the Black Out lights Razer gave me in Ga. I rebuilt them and repainted to match. I still have to wire them up in the cab,the weather has not been cooperating with me. Also of note I have a 24v trickle charger going to the 109, the slave cable is hooked up to the 1028 so both are fully charged and at the ready.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time for Sand, Prime & Paint.

My buddy Mike of Mikes Mobil Marine who incidentally is a new member here, went with Steve down to GA last month and drove me back 3 gallons of Desert Sand paint from Dell. I decided to go with the original paint scheme of 1 color. I have to give it to Chris, He did me a solid on this truck. There was only 6 rusted rivets on the top to fill in the prep. No rust otherwise to tend to. Here are the pictures of stage 1 prep, Sand Prime Paint.

Attachments

3dAngus

You been chunking wood in that wood burning stove?:-D
Nice shop. Be sure to give us pictures of the final paint job. I haven't heard on it so I was going to write and ask, then, there you are with the story. Sounds like fun. I can't remember the mix type, but I believe most have been saying 80/20. You can look up the mix ingredients on Rapco paints on other threads here where several people have had very good results. The Rapco paints can be very thick and gummy without mixing it.
Good luck!

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dell
I got a gallon of primer for the 80/20 mix, I was thinking 70/30 with 2 coats. I added the cobra CB antennas a few months ago, Got them tuned in by a old school CB Fanatic. He said the paint on the antenna will not cut down on sending or receiving. I think I am taking a chance on those but I will try and be a good student and listen to an expert and try and keep my big mouth shut. Thanks Dell,

A/c
Chris almost had a heart attack when he saw me peeling the Fire Axe sticker off. Funny thing is I could only get 1/4 stripped off. It will eventually be covered in knotty pine.

Hey where is the MONKEY, APE....? You can't change a trademark.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to make a run to Lansing to pick up a set waiting for me. That will blend in good same color. The 1028 is getting the smaller 66" set. I have to paint that set 383 green.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don, I can't believe you are painting over ODDBALL'S ink blot paint job!!! I was sure I had seen his truck in one of those pictures with the ink blots.[thumbzup]

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A/c, I looked at the mud flap mounts. I don't see the room. Do you have a picture of how the brackets were moved..?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks