• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 haspin info thread

Tom_Statt

I live a short distance away, and my freind lives practically around the corner from haspin. How could I not show? Now I may not have my deuce up and going (sorry gimpyrobb, I've been incredibly busy, switching jobs and all, But I really want to get my truck alltogether for haspin, but im out of town this weekend). I may have two others going with me, and I'll be buying food. I also may have freinds on quads comming down for the show, but will be seperate from me. Not sure what days I'll show because of work. But I plan on getting my truck going for it all!

Cigarjoe

I will be there Wednesday threw Sunday. I will be in my 1008 pulling my 101. Count me in for food too please. I am still looking to convoy in with someone going through or close to Indy.

rifleguy82

Anyone passing through Louisville area Wednesday afternoon the 9th or Thursday morning the 10th?
Looking to hook up with a convoy to Haspin if schedules will permit.
PM me if interested.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rifle, it looks like myself and Cabell might be going this route- http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=columbia,+sc&daddr=I-40+W+to:Haspin+Acres,+Laurel,+IN&hl=en&geocode=FUbPBgIdwoEr-ynj0TF5aaX4iDGW-nmz9Ago8w%3BFfiMHgIdAk8T-w%3BFfeoWgId00rs-iHAMjwTlojmzQ&mra=ls&sll=35.589202,-82.607574&sspn=0.544985,0.88028&ie=UTF8&z=6

We plan to run up to meet around Asheville, NC Wed night, then head the rest of the way Thursday morning.

This is all tentative. You could take 64 over and meet us in Lexington, KY if you want to convoy for a ways, or you could go up 71 and meet us south of Cincinnati

westechs_wifey

Called Haspin acres and talked to the boss man....told him we were coming in about week and asked him if he could rope off the shelter for us and he said no problem...told his wife go rope it off now and put a sign on it "steel soldiers"....so hopefully I don't have to kick anyone out of the shelter when we roll in on monday or tuesday....lol .... He is very excited for us all to come back....he was like "its that time already ....I was like yup and he was like GREAT see you guys soon!":beer:

rifleguy82

Ferro, that sounds like a plan! I believe that we could meet at the rest stop just North of the I-71/I-75 split in Kentucky. That's just about 20 minutes South of Cinncinatti.
Do you have an ETA on reaching the I-71/75 split, or do you want to wait until the night before to answer that one?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rifle, might be a good idea to see where we wind up Wed night. We might meet up in Asheville, and drive a little farther towards Knoxville before stoping for the night. PM me your number and I'll give you a call with an ETA Wed night or early Thursday morning.

Kenny, Get your butt to SC and you can ride with us. I'll get the rims for you, no sweat.

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been talked into this by ferro and westech so I`m going to try very hard to be there. Convoy with Cabell and ferro .leaving home Wed. and arriving Thurs. M35A2 with M109 trailer.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rifle, might be a good idea to see where we wind up Wed night. We might meet up in Asheville, and drive a little farther towards Knoxville before stoping for the night. PM me your number and I'll give you a call with an ETA Wed night or early Thursday morning.

Kenny, Get your butt to SC and you can ride with us. I'll get the rims for you, no sweat.
Stopping Wed night? Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we stop Wed. night, we'll be in Haspin, just like last time. Confirmed with Cabell, route will be same as last time, timetable may change a little bit but according to his menu, he wants to get there Wed. night in time to stir up some grub.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stopping Wed night? Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we stop Wed. night, we'll be in Haspin, just like last time. Confirmed with Cabell, route will be same as last time, timetable may change a little bit but according to his menu, he wants to get there Wed. night in time to stir up some grub.

Oh well crap. Guess I'll be 'convoying' by myself, as I thought that had been the schedule, and Angie only got thursday and friday off. :x

A little more communication would be nice!!!!!:(

It's my fault, it was a year ago, I should have remembered...

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
**** if I know now! aua
I will have to talk with the wife tonight and see if I had it right in Jan when I told here what days to get off- If I told her wrong, and she only took thursday and Friday, I guess it won't be until Thursday afternoon. If I told her 'right', then it will be when Cabell and them arrive Wed afternoon.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Rich... Never mind, I'll tell you in person in a week... :p

Angie got Wed off too, so we are good...[thumbzup] I swear, I would lose my head if she didn't keep track of it for me...

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Attending so far, 57 people, 39 trucks, and 39 in for food.

And yes, I cleaned up the thread. Some posts moved to BS thread.

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tenatively - Todd Haley, docfarmall, and myself will be meeting in the southwest corridor of Cincinnati along I-275.
This will be at approximately 1000 hours on Wednesday.
Anyone that would like to join us, please send pm.

Also, we MIGHT? return later in the day to retrieve additional vehicles/supplies. If so, we will meet in the same place in the late afternoon (time TBD).

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks as though I'll be able to attend this "event". Most likely drive my contact maintenance truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks