• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

jamieboy

Hello all, just back from the Rally. Had to leave a day early, after 3 great days in Georgia.
To many new friends and experiences to start the stories now. My first Rally and I hope the
first of many more. Great trucks, vendors, stories, and the great ring of fire each night. I've just got a few pics I am going to try and download, if I can figure it out. If not I'll get with someone to help me get them listed. Mark your calender for next year.......

3dAngus

Pictures attempt

I'm going to try to load some Ga. Rally pictures and see if I have problems.

OK, after resizing to appropriate size restrictions, it still gets error code;
"This is not a valid image file."
This is an issue for the webmaster. The files that were attached for the "managed" key were .jpg files and 800X800. These size files worked earlier on the classified section, but the implementation is different.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just spent Friday at the Ga rally. I was really missing my 814, tied up in EUC paperwork while driving around in Ferro's 818. Told my wife that I hoped the EUC would clear soon. Spent Saturday running trains, and finally got to check on two days of emails. You guessed it- My EUC cleared Friday afternoon, about the time I was driving Ferro's 818 up the walls of the canyon. Ferro, you ready for a road trip?

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh- I had a blast at the rally. Nice to put some faces with screen names.

Jimma

The rally was awesome. I just got home. It was really great to put names and faces together as well as meeting a few nut jobs like "Odd Ball" aka televisionman. The other really cool thing is that it was only 66 miles from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm back, thanks to some expert help from jwaller and wreckerman. Had a brake lock up on the way back, they walked me through bleeding it to release the pressure.

Got almost everything unloaded before 6:30 - except the food, and the fridge is plugged in, so it's not a priority. Will go now and work on it, then go to bed!

Great time, great companions, looking forward to doing it again next year - after I catch up on my sleep!

sandcobra164

Thanks to all that attended this year. Chow was great, Thanks Mike, Richard, Cookie Lady aka Richards better half, Pam and Tigger for all the hard work to keep us fed. (If I didn't name someone, I apologize.) Thanks to CAMO, Papabear and company for allowing me to hang out with the dark horses and drive an authentic Gun Truck replica, "Proud American" from Columbus to the Rally and back. Thanks to Atomic (Russ) for getting my deuce and 105 loaded with all my essentials to the horse pasture. I had a great time, Atomic got my truck back to the house in one piece and I drank way too much beer!!!! Just like I told ya'll around the fire, this is a group of rednecks that drink, pick on each other and drive old military trucks. I blend right in with that crowd. I'll put some pics up tomorrow, I just unloaded my trailer and I'm done for now!!!!!!!! See ya'll next year.

cessnatwin

Redneck and myself left there midday on Saturday for the trip home and at about 1:30 am on Sunday we blew a hose 50 miles from home in the middle of nowhere! We had a spare and were up and running home by 3:30am! Other than that it was great! CHECK YOUR HOSES FOR SWELLING!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Me and Woody Wood made it back to my LZ around 5pm.....his 5 ton is awesome...I drove part of the way back and she ran like a champ.

Woody took off headed west seeking an elusive tow bar.

The rally was great and a good time was had by all.

You guys are the consumate chow hounds and it was a pleasure to cook for all of you.

We are already planning on ways to make next years dining experice better.

We can now start counting down to the 2011 GA Rally which will be bigger and better than this year.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made it back safe and sound at exactly 0200 Monday. Left Durhamtown at 0900 Sunday. Tired after 17 hours behind the wheel of the deuce and 765 miles. Will post more details of the rally and trip in the morning.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
i had the most fun that i think can be had with my clothes on! lol it was great meeting every one and thanks to every one that gave me parts for my truck, some how after talking with a few folks about what i needed for my truck things started appearing at my road tractor. you are a great bunch of guys and i will be there next year. Want to thank Zout and someone els ( sorry don't remember your name) that paid for my food for the week. and all the kind words that were said around the camp fire. and thanks to Squirt truck for letting me ride with him out on the trail. every one i met was just amazing. The food was top notch, i tryed to help as much as i could. and there was a young lady and i think all who were there know who im speeking of THAT GIRL CAN HANDLE A TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!! :grd:[thumbzup]

poppop

I made it in yesterday at 4 o'clock and found the phones dead, so am just getting on. It was a GREAT Rally and I had a wonderful time. The trail rides were great and I want to thank Mike, the Owner of Durhamtown for all the work his crew did to make it possible. The dozer was in the woods with us building trails for two days. We rode on some trails in the afternoon that did not exist that morning. Thanks also To Clinto for working on keeping this going and getting it better. I met a lot of new great people and saw a lot of old friends.

I did have an adventure on the way home. I was 25 miles from home on I-16, had just passed through Metter, the 813 was doing about 58 down a slight hill towing the Duece, when I heard a big BOOM and the 813 tried to slide to the left lane. I corrected and looked in the mirrow and all I could see was smoke and flyng pieces of rubber. The cars beside me floored it and the ones behind braked hard. I braked as hard as I could and control the truck and pulled over into the emergency lane. An Allied 18 wheeler passed and pulled over also. My right front tire on the Duece had blown and the steering had turned full right. I was draging the Duece down the road smoking both front tires and almost tore the blown one off the rim. The trucker came back to help and said "Man I bet that was exciting". I had all the tools we needed so we pulled a tire off the back and put it on the front. I tried to pay him and he stuck out his hand and said this is all the pay I need. At this point an SUV had pulled up behind me and was just sitting there. He looked a little light a law man and i started over to him. He got out and slowly approached and I could see he was a Soldier. I said hello Soldier, how's it going. He said let me show you my ID. He pulled his military ID out and told me his name and asked me where I was coming from. I told him a truck rally in North Ga. and he said in the Eatonton area? I said yes it was. He said he had received a report that a truck belonging to his Unit was spotted up there and asked to see my bumper numbers. I told him these were POV's and he asked to see the numbers again.
I told him sure, but the Government had painted over them when it was sold. He looked anyway and then asked to look at the 813. I told him I had painted that truck and the numbers were gone. He walked up front and looked anyway. As we were walking back to his SUV he stated that a friend had spotted A truck that used to be in his Unit and he just wanted to see the old girl again. When he saw me he just had to check it out. He had me so rattled I forgot to tell him about SS. If he saw thwe rally pictures he might spot the truck or give carnac the numbers and find out where it went. After he left I slowly made my way Home. I now need two new tires for the front of the duece as I don't want to go through that ride again.:-D