• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

ke5eua

You would have to throw a measuring stick on it to be sure. I think it might fit on the deck but the bumper would be tapping your head on turns. Suppose you could tow bar it off the back of the M750 but man, if anything went wrong, you sure wouldn't feel it. A awarded for effort none the less. Not much worse than this though!
View attachment 514862
That had to be a really slow drive.

Almost as bad as me almost pulling the het with the 818 when I made it to San Antonio.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If my calculations are correct, the deck on the front of the M750 is 113". If it has the tunnel box it's considerably shorter. Tunnel boxes unbolt. Here are the dimensions I had in one of my TMs. There is probably a way to do it!
m151a2.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the 151 was going from the rally to LA. Another option albeit a little work, is to use an M103A3 chassis and sling it on there. Would require some cribbing for sure!

Whiterabbit

Ya'll can just give it to me, I'll take good care of it! :mrgreen:
I need another. They're like potato chips, can't have just one.
I have a tow bar for my M151A2 that has a 2" ball hitch for regular trucks. Ya'll can borrow it if needed. Good for short rescue towing but the M151 doesn't liked to be towed with it's front wheels not lifted. Pull the halfshafts and bungee cord the steering wheel? That's how we used to tow them in Germany.
But then again ya'll can give it to me and not have to worry about it. ;)

Call the GaNG and tell them to come and sling load the thing under a Chinook? :shrugs:

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop it already. I'm tired of hearing all this stuff on M151A2s. Will there be any at the rally? Whiterabbit? I'd like to take one for a spin if possible. I've wanted one for years and I think that when I retire in just under 2 years, I'm going to reward myself.

ke5eua

The trailer bed is heading to the rally so the front deck would be empty heading back.

True Murphy loves me but I've been upping my karma points just for this trip.

Could just strap it to the roof of the truck, can't weigh that much, lol

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
the wheelbase fits the M1101 bed. 85 into a 92" bed. But that is from dead center axle and there will still be the slop of the tire and height of the bumper front and rear and the trailer wheelwell in the center. Thoughts?

Flat tow isn't an option. The 151 is pretty crusty also.

Issue is I have to drop two shelters at Jeepsinker and then get the 151 onto the deuce.

Other option is to put the 151 into a 1101 and tow it behind the 5t all the way back to west TX.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Put the 151 ON TOP of the shelter or 170, chain and binder will keep it from going away, 13'6" is legal height