• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

andy3

Is anyone passing thru Atlanta or Gwinnett county on Thursday morning that has a free seat. I am debating driving my GMC3500 service body out loaded but have an issue getting it home after we get my truck running. I have feelers out if any of my local friends want to tag along.

sandcobra164

Update on my travel plans.

Almost time to bite the bullet and order the flight tickets; don't dare too wait much longer. Still waiting for a few answers, but I am afraid they will not change much. How it looks now, unless something better comes up last minute:

- Flying directly into Atlanta on Monday 6 or Tuesday 7 (most likely). Tampa would be possible on 6 as well.
- Leaving the Rally Sunday or flexible, probably hang around till the end, then heading south to Florida (Tampa and Orlando area, friends and family).
- Flying back to Prague Wednesday 15 or Thursday 16. Leave some time after the Rally for some unexpected actions or to visit some friends and family. Not that much interested in sight seeing; not a tourist (more sitting on a terrace drinking coffee and read my paper).

Turns out that one of my nephews who were living in the Orlando area has moved to Statesboro, GA. Attorney and gifted guitar player. Have to see his collection of guitars, too close by to miss.

I had some dreams and hopes about driving around and doing things before or after the Rally, but that did not materialize and fell flat @#$#@#$. :sad: aua

So I will come to the Rally without wheels.

View attachment 519551

I hate that, maybe I will rent a car afterwards.
If you want a fun ride on the trails, hit up Dumpster!!! Mr. Jeff is an awesome gentlemen and drive's his gasser dump truck with precision and skill that will outclass most anyone on the trails. He is a very smooth and collected gentlemen but don't make an attempt to touch his Stetson that sits behind the gear shifter as he's rolling along the trails. He needs that for when he gets out of the truck to assist in a recovery. I love the sound of that old gasser chugging along though and I'm sure he'll let you ride with him. Now if you want to drive a truck on the trails, I'll offer mine so long as I'm along for the ride. It's a basic M35A2 with some good Firestone T831's that seems to get through most any of the mild stuff.

poppop

Robo, I am 8 miles from Statesboro Ga.

I hate to disappoint the Yanks, but I have not harvested any dry peanuts yet, so no roasted peanuts at the Rally. You will just have to have an extra helping of grits.:-D:-D

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I hate to disappoint the Yanks, but I have not harvested any dry peanuts yet, so no roasted peanuts at the Rally. You will just have to have an extra helping of grits.:-D:-D
I just had a small bag of unsalted this week and all I could think about was having your peanuts next week.

:-(

sandcobra164

Mr. Lloyd,
My wife is going to be quite upset with you this go around. She loves when you have boiled peanuts to share with your fellow Rallygoers. I guess instead we'll just be thankful for another year and the fact that you can make it. I've got a few friends who are dropping out of this event like flies at the last moment. I'm still gonna be there, it's only 180 miles one way so that's an easy ride for my Deuce.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, You people just don't know what you're missing. Boiled peanuts are the bomb. Don't worry, I like the roasted ones too.

Ya, that's the problem. They bomb out of the bottom, so I don't touch the things.

Looks like I am gonna pull up and depart late from home. I have been watching the line of bad weather come all the way across from Texas, from yesterday, though last night, and it looks like if I leave at noon, it will be a tie at DT. So I am gonna hold up about 2 hours, and then head off for DT.

The Long Easy is all loaded, the Hooch just needs my clothes, and then I am set.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
73M819 is now on site. As soon as EMD gets to Durhamtown we will have 2 attendees and a Rally.

John keep me posted.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got the van hooked to the camper and lots of personal use stuff loaded. MB needs the van so she can move around or lay down enroute/return. Probably gonna just bring the gator and Troy's FAV jeepie on the dually/trailer...traveling light this year.

Four days and a wake up to move out!!:papabear:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks