• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If John can scare up another boarding ladder, he can back the 37 out of the long truck.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, plans have changed yet again.

Ladies and gentleman, and most everyone else (hehehehe), the entertainment portion of the rally is set to attend.

I will be there early Monday morning.

Have plenty of fear, Ferro will be here!

TMNT

I have a bit over 60 hours left to go before I depart for D'Town. If I didn't have a few things to do around the house here this weekend, I'd be on the way now.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well with Gimpy's Deuce issues and me being tired tonight we didn't get as much loaded as we would have like and I said let's just leave when we are ready. If there is anything I have learned in the last two months it's that we shouldn't kill ourselves trying to do the things we like.

Instead of leaving at 5 or 6AM Saturday we will leave when we are done packing in the morning. If it's 10 that great. If it's 3PM that's great too. I know the roads down there after dark. :)

We will roll in tomorrow night sometime so it's going to get crowded. ;-)

Whiterabbit

rofl

Ok, from what I'm understanding the front edge of the vendor field is now out of bounds and wrecker ops and loadouts are down in the clay bowl?

Blythewoodjoe

Would someone at the rally site check spot B2 there at the field and see what the electrical plug looks like? It would also be nice to know where the spot is, in relation to everything. I will not get there until Friday afternoon but I really just need to make sure I have a plug that will fit the receptacle. Thanks.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the driving directions guys, but its not really needed. I was actually looking up the driving distances to figure out how to get there from Washington (if I would fly into there) or how to continue to Tampa afterwards, thinking planes and trains and bus because ....

I had some dreams and hopes about driving around and doing things before or after the Rally, but that did not materialize and fell flat @#$#@#$. :sad: aua

So I will come to the Rally without wheels.

View attachment 519551

I hate that, maybe I will rent a car afterwards.

andy3

Please do not be tempted by what we call trains or busses. Am track is a joke. Megabus only if you have armed backup and backup for them too.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I once went with Amtrack from Washington to NY and VIA rail through the Atlantic provinces. Was great but expensive. Buses I probably hate even more than flying, but did greyhound a few times.

I think it will be flying back out of Orlando. Problem is, I am fighting off a cold here than earlier this week brought down my family and most of our little town. I thought I had it licked but its coming back and hovering a bit. Flying early Monday might be too soon, Tuesday brings me late to the rally pre-fun. Decisions decisions, what to do. (As background: the moment they close airplane doors and start the AC, I start having problems with a stuffed head).

One good flight Lufthansa brings me into Atlanta around Monday mid afternoon (but problem with departure timing here in the Czech Republic.). The second good alternative would be Tuesday early evening, which I feel is rather late. So who will all be there already Monday afternoon?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would someone at the rally site check spot B2 there at the field and see what the electrical plug looks like? It would also be nice to know where the spot is, in relation to everything. I will not get there until Friday afternoon but I really just need to make sure I have a plug that will fit the receptacle. Thanks.
They should be either 50A RV or 30A RV. A standard RV should just be able to plug in.

In our case at the CO tent we have electric only at B7 and I picked up a 30M to 15F show we can plug in without and RV.

We carry a 50M to 30F adapter dongle in our RV just in case.

https://www.google.com/search?q=30+...&sa=X&ei=ptYvVLVQhJnIBOyqgcgP&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

zout

Blythe - the lobby has almost every connector to make your cord work to their older style 35 amp service. IF you look up a couple rallies ago I posted a pic of the electrical connections at the boxes in that field.

TMNT

Robo, come on as soon as you can. Just get here. I'll be there by 2:00 Monday afternoon. Ron, John, the Morgans, and a few others will be there. You won't regret a moment of it. The weather is great and the company is even better.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the driving directions guys, but its not really needed. I was actually looking up the driving distances to figure out how to get there from Washington (if I would fly into there) or how to continue to Tampa afterwards, thinking planes and trains and bus because ....
From Washington, DC, get on I-95 South to I-20 West (being sure to strictly observe the speed limits in NC), get off at exit 148 in Georgia, turn right onto Hwy 22, then follow the directions I posted earlier the rest of the way into DT. In a car, not in a convoy with slow MV's, Tampa is an easy day's drive from DT. I once drove from the Columbia, SC area through Atlanta to pick up something from CARNAC for Kenny and made it to the FLA. Rally with plenty of daylight left. If you follow the Morgans down HWY 44 to Macon, you can cut about two hours off the route I took.

ke5eua

As hard as this is for me to type it looks like I will not be able to make the rally. Working on the truck today I went to start it and on the second turn over I heard a sizzling sound and dead in the water. After looking at the schematic and using my super hearing I have determined that my black box has decided to tell me what it really thinks of me.

For me to make the trip I would have to have a control box today, and I don't see that happening.

It was truly one of those out of the blue type things that decided to deadline the truck. I am however glad it happened in the driveway, rather than on the trip to the rally.

Even the fuel coming out of the tac port I was able to temporarily fix till I get a rebuild IP.

Well, gotta figure out logistics on things I have committed to getting to the rally now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As hard as this is for me to type it looks like I will not be able to make the rally. Working on the truck today I went to start it and on the second turn over I heard a sizzling sound and dead in the water. After looking at the schematic and using my super hearing I have determined that my black box has decided to tell me what it really thinks of me.

For me to make the trip I would have to have a control box today, and I don't see that happening.

It was truly one of those out of the blue type things that decided to deadline the truck. I am however glad it happened in the driveway, rather than on the trip to the rally.

Even the fuel coming out of the tac port I was able to temporarily fix till I get a rebuild IP.

Well, gotta figure out logistics on things I have committed to getting to the rally now.
Might not have a PCB, but there's not much to them.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?68832-Control-Box

And you could also just bypass it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks