• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a 1400 departure from the home aol. I should miss most of the heavy weather. I should make DT about 1600-1630.

amgeneral72

John can you give us an update when you reach the FOB. Just want to make sure the WI FI is working. And a pic of the vendor are would be helpful if you can get one posted sometime. Just want to know how much space we have actually lost. Im suppose to be in the first RV spot on the right coming off the paved road. Same as last year. My ETA is sunday 1200 HRS. Can't wait.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last Post--- Gotta put the 'puter up, and walk out the door...... SEE YA AT THE RALLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a save drive.

Strange thing. For whatever reason, over the lasts months I somehow misread the data and got the idea that the GA Rally was close to Dalton, just south of Chattanooga. I was now checking driving directions and distances again and find out its in a completely different location.

cb-1.jpgreading.gifsmiley-ashamed004.gif

Much closer to Statesboro where my nephew Jim lives, an attorney and gifted guitar player and collector.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
NOTE TO ALL EARLY ARRIVALS:

swbradley1 and amgeneral72 will be arriving Sunday and they will direct how the swap meet is to be laid out. We ask that any early arrivals hold off on setting up their swap meet space.

If you choose to set up early, we expect to hear no whining whatsoever when you're asked to move.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

I was now checking driving directions and distances again and find out its in a completely different location.
Robo......you are probably a shoe in for the "Iron Butt Award". That's given to the person that traveled the farthest to get to the rally.

There's no real prize but if you ain't careful Mike (SCSG-G4) will make you drink vodka with him.

And also watch out for Papa Bear.....he carries Crown Royal and knows how to use it.

I'm not saying there's a bunch of drunken dubauchery going on. There is, but I'm not saying it.

zout

Robo - also DO NOT drive with your GPS directions getting off I 20 out there - go to the first post and or go to the DT site and follow their directions or you may wind back up on one of the coasts looking at water.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ROBO, if you stay on I-20 East (toward Augusta) till the 148 (Crawfordville) exit, the directions are easy. Turn left off the exit road onto Hwy 22, go through Crawfordville, over the railroad tracks and down the road a total of about 9,6 miles to a four way stop intersection with Hwy 44. Turn left and go 3,2 miles to Randolph Church Road where you will turn right. The Durhamtown office is about two miles on the left, and the Rally is another seven tenths of a mile, also on the left. Back to Hwy 44 for a minute - from the 4 way stop, you will be going downhill for almost two miles then go over a bridge and back up a small rise. There will be fields on both sides and there will be a sign indicating a full intersection (a cross in a diamond shaped sign). After that intersection it is only a short distance until you see another intersection sign, one with a symbol of a "T" laying so its bottom is on the right. At that point you should turn on your right turn signal and put your foot on the brake, because in about 150 meters you will be turning to the right onto Randolph Church Road. Please note that I used the European decimal, but expressed everything in miles because that is what your vehicle will have. If the GPS in your car will allow you to enter the locations as a set of coordinates, please use these, but note that you will need to use US decimal notation:
Durhamtown office > 33.671877, –82.998292
Turn off Randolph Church Road to our registration point > 33.677070, –83.008082
Rally Registration Point (turn to the right) > 33.676589, –83.008638

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

poppop

For the uneducated, Boiled peanuts are 30 to 45 days younger than roasted peanuts. Roasting boiled peanuts would be as bad as people soaking dry peanuts in water and boiling them. You can buy fresh boiled peanuts in North Ga in the Winter time. They are freshly boiled, and not eatable as far as I am concerned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks