• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rally is in overdrive now. Already crested the 100 powered vehicle mark. Vendor field is packed. I've not yet been to bed before 2AM. Today the bed swap was completed between myself and Speddmon. Shaping up to be the best rally ever.

Chief_919

Major breakdown- turns out the previous owner of my truck only installed 4 of 6 mounting bolts for the Reese hitch and two just snapped and it bent down and was dragging- luckily it went in a parking lot. I managed to get it back up, put one bolt in and get the trailer into a spot and unhooked. I am pretty sure I can get 4 bolts into it and make it, but if anyone has a welder and can help beef this hitch up at the rally please let me knwo

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BUMPING this little prayer up to the top.......

As the minutes and hours tick down, especially for the early arrivals to the 2014 SS Georgia Rally, I would like to call this forum to order and ask each of you (literally or figuratively) to take a knee....

Heavenly Father, Grand Marshal of every individual convoy or singular vehicle about to roll to the Rally Point,
We pray a cover of Your angels over all who are preparing for and will be deploying on this "mission". Lord, You know the hearts of all who will be in attendance and we ask Your perfect blessings for safe travels, brotherly fun and frolic, safety on the trails and in the camping areas and cabins, good wholesome and nourishing food and maybe a few dietary indulgences, and for everyone's safe return to their homes and families. We ask You to keep the enemy (also known around here as: Mr. Murphy) from any wily or disruptive act against any of the participants or their equipment. For those wishing to, but unable to attend, we stand by as prayer warriors lifting the rallying troops up for their wellbeing. For the hardworking organizers and volunteers we pray a special blessing, knowing that You have love for the cheerful giver(s) amongst us - may their contributions be appreciated and rewarded, and their cups be filled to overflowing. For those conducting business, we pray fair and equitable trading for the buyers and the sellers in good faith and all honesty. As missionaries for this Military Vehicle Hobby, we pray that the general public will see only good and decent folks sharing their interests and enthusiasm as peaceful - though somewhat eccentric - members of the community. May the place that is left behind be good and clean and no worse for where with but footprints and tire tracks left behind without unnecessary damage to Your good earth. Let us always be mindful of the environment You've entrusted to us.
Finally, Father, we ask that You bless this nation in which we live freely and with liberty ordained by our founding fathers in their belief in You, God Almighty. May the flag that flies over this Rally and this nation forever represent the banner of Your God-given freedom from oppression and tyranny. In short, GOD BLESS AMERICA!
AMEN.

As Chaplain, I ask each of you to read this prayer, or words of your own choice, solemnly before you roll out. Hit your knees if so led and sincerely take it's message in your heart.

The rest of us are expecting wonderful reports in your After Action Reports. Be blessed!

John
SS Chaplain

Blythewoodjoe

Hey on my way just a couple more hours. I picked Logan up at 12:00 but left at 2:00 how is that.
Hanging with Logan my sweetheart nothing else to do but she has her earbuds in so I can not talk because of the noise she has the music up loud.
Can not wait to get there

P.S I am awesome.
Logan wrote I am awesome!

WhitePhoenix

Well work had me stay longer then I had planned. Leaving out at 0400 from my place with the civi dodge and should be there around 1100 with the time change. Don't have the Hardball convoy leave without me!!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well work had me stay longer then I had planned. Leaving out at 0400 from my place with the civi dodge and should be there around 1100 with the time change. Don't have the Hardball convoy leave without me!!
Shame you can't take a chopper for some extra-credit flight time training. That would cut the travel time down a little.

Ford Mechanic

Hey we're thinking about coming next year, is the rally dog friendly? And what type of RV hookups does DT have? We have 4 heelers that would stay in our camper.

JOECOOL48

re-broadcast from buy trade page
Man did I have a good time. Thanks to those who worked so hard to make this a great rally. Thanks to those that made purchases from me and those that I traded with and bought from. I came home with a lot more than I took.. When I got home I parked down by the barn, and when my wife ask me what I got, I told her not much, just a little of this and a little of that. I did not want her to see that the back of my pickup was full and mounded over. It looked like it was moving day. What am I going to do with a field sink? I have no idea.
Thanks

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just saw a tan 900 series truck and a green cucv pulling out of the McDonalds here in Blythewood, SC (at least it looked like they were leaving McD's). Is that a fellow SS member on the way to the rally? I will be leaving in about 48 hours if all goes well in what my wife is calling the Beverly hillbillies express. Yee Haw.
that was me and my son.

oddshot

When I left we had checked in 135 powered vehicles and around 40 trailers.
Can you break that count down into:

1. Vehicles that were running when they arrived and when they left.

2. Vehicles that were running when they arrived but NOT running when they left.

3. Vehicles that were NOT running when they arrived but running when they left.

4. Vehicles that were NOT running when they arrived and NOT running when they left.

;-)

amgeneral72

Just made it home safe and sound. Guess its 1 more year down. My whole crew had a great time and we cant wait for the next one. SW, PaTracy and the rest of the crew did a great job with this years rally. Thank you.