• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

Spicy

Looks as though I won't be making it this year. :( Going to need to run up to the U.P. that weekend to help send off an old Marine (my Uncle) in the style that he wanted.

Mark my words though, team michigandon WILL be back next year...bigger and badder than ever!

I will miss having you at the rally.

Spicy

So the rally is three months away. Time to put the old leg out on the corner. I hope to make than the 40 dollars I made last year. LOL

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Squirt-truck told us you wanted the position, we've been offroad with you and we know you're competent and safe, so congratulations on the promotion. We'll have a small ceremony at the HQ tent where we smear some mud on your shirt and a marching band will play.

:p
I thought we broke a bottle of beer over his front bumper, and said "GO FORTH"

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't know how your planning to travel but I've got plenty of camping gear I could loan if it would make your trip easier?

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
And he gets to try the special cherries.

Anyone near ATL that might get him a ride could potentially help also.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..... I am seriously considering trying to attend somehow this year...
Hey Robo, yes that's the way: that's what I do every year, around this time... and it usually works out fairly well, somehow... ;-)
You have been on here long enough. Now it's time to put some faces to names!:beer:

G.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The capo’s and consigliere of the GA Mafia have already extended an urgent invitation, hard (and unwise) to resist. ;) :recovry4x4:

Travel itinerary. Flying to the states only for the GA rally seems a bit a waste of opportunity; might as well get some more out of it. I will try to get together also with some military historians and some other knowledgeable people who know more about the history of the engineers in Europe and about the storage depots during the cold war, to get good data for our Cold War exhibition. And do some fund raising for that project and our Czech Emigration Museum.

I might fly into NY or Chicago late September and then work my way down to GA and Florida.

In 1980, when I first came to the USA, I somehow found this company where you can drive the car of somebody else across the USA. Took a brand new Mercedes from NY harbor docks to Harrisburg in one day and then an old Toyota Land Cruiser J40 with a small trailer and a rebuilt engine from there to Seattle. Took me 6 days, sleeping in the back of the jeep between all these large rigs and eating in these truck rest stops along Interstate 90; best time of my life.

The company still exist (http://www.autodriveaway.com) so maybe I can do that again.

Nothing fixed yet, I am still in the planning stage. Thanks for all the fun remarks and offers for help. I’ll keep adding info or questions as more things become clear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks