• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

RayK

Robo If you can give me an idea or even a list of what you need, I can check it on my deuces if need be. I have many thousands of new milspec nuts, bolts, washers, screws, etc (and a few used ones too) from a military surplus business I used to have. You're welcome to whatever you need that I have. PM me here and let me know.

Before I forget, please help remind me to take this back!!!

Does somebody working a lot with 5-tons or Deuces or whatever American saves his/her old screws, bolts etc? Especially those for the door panels or dashboard and bolts for keeping the engine kill cable in place etc??? Or can you get those at any local hardware shop?

I do not need new stuff but US non-metric is hard to come by in metric Europe or cost you an amazing price per bolt ( :? I had written there per screw, but I did not want to illicit all the double jokes. Like they say; a dirty mind is a joint forever :wink: ). Don't need much, like a handful of screws and bolts. Is there a hardware shop close to the Rally place?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the minutes and hours tick down, especially for the early arrivals to the 2014 SS Georgia Rally, I would like to call this forum to order and ask each of you (literally or figuratively) to take a knee....

Heavenly Father, Grand Marshal of every individual convoy or singular vehicle about to roll to the Rally Point,
We pray a cover of Your angels over all who are preparing for and will be deploying on this "mission". Lord, You know the hearts of all who will be in attendance and we ask Your perfect blessings for safe travels, brotherly fun and frolic, safety on the trails and in the camping areas and cabins, good wholesome and nourishing food and maybe a few dietary indulgences, and for everyone's safe return to their homes and families. We ask You to keep the enemy (also known around here as: Mr. Murphy) from any wily or disruptive act against any of the participants or their equipment. For those wishing to, but unable to attend, we stand by as prayer warriors lifting the rallying troops up for their wellbeing. For the hardworking organizers and volunteers we pray a special blessing, knowing that You have love for the cheerful giver(s) amongst us - may their contributions be appreciated and rewarded, and their cups be filled to overflowing. For those conducting business, we pray fair and equitable trading for the buyers and the sellers in good faith and all honesty. As missionaries for this Military Vehicle Hobby, we pray that the general public will see only good and decent folks sharing their interests and enthusiasm as peaceful - though somewhat eccentric - members of the community. May the place that is left behind be good and clean and no worse for where with but footprints and tire tracks left behind without unnecessary damage to Your good earth. Let us always be mindful of the environment You've entrusted to us.
Finally, Father, we ask that You bless this nation in which we live freely and with liberty ordained by our founding fathers in their belief in You, God Almighty. May the flag that flies over this Rally and this nation forever represent the banner of Your God-given freedom from oppression and tyranny. In short, GOD BLESS AMERICA!
AMEN.

As Chaplain, I ask each of you to read this prayer, or words of your own choice, solemnly before you roll out. Hit your knees if so led and sincerely take it's message in your heart.

The rest of us are expecting wonderful reports in your After Action Reports. Be blessed!

John
SS Chaplain

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update on my travel plans.

Almost time to bite the bullet and order the flight tickets; don't dare too wait much longer. Still waiting for a few answers, but I am afraid they will not change much. How it looks now, unless something better comes up last minute:

- Flying directly into Atlanta on Monday 6 or Tuesday 7 (most likely). Tampa would be possible on 6 as well.
- Leaving the Rally Sunday or flexible, probably hang around till the end, then heading south to Florida (Tampa and Orlando area, friends and family).
- Flying back to Prague Wednesday 15 or Thursday 16. Leave some time after the Rally for some unexpected actions or to visit some friends and family. Not that much interested in sight seeing; not a tourist (more sitting on a terrace drinking coffee and read my paper).

Turns out that one of my nephews who were living in the Orlando area has moved to Statesboro, GA. Attorney and gifted guitar player. Have to see his collection of guitars, too close by to miss.

I had some dreams and hopes about driving around and doing things before or after the Rally, but that did not materialize and fell flat @#$#@#$. :sad: aua

So I will come to the Rally without wheels.

crying-fountain.gif

I hate that, maybe I will rent a car afterwards.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tigger Memorial Pics

I've printed off the following pictures that I have (and many furnished by Cabell Garbee) from the ZOUT cookout a couple of years ago and the Denton, NC rally earlier this year. Has anyone else gone through Clinto's annual photo gathering from previous rallies to print off pictures? All except #6 and #7 are 8 x 10 prints.

Attachments

Last edited:

wilfreeman

I've printed off the following pictures that I have (and many furnished by Cabell Garbee) from the ZOUT cookout a couple of years ago and the Denton, NC rally earlier this year. Has anyone else gone through Clinto's annual photo gathering from previous rallies to print off pictures? All except #6 and #7 are 8 x 10 prints.
I believe the pics in Denton were when he was telling the stories about his daughter's cat - man that was funny!

ke5eua

Just got off the phone with Durhamtown as I was a little worried they hadn't charge my card yet for my reservation. Was told they will most likely do them tomorrow. So if you have a reservation and haven't been charged yet, give them a couple more days, they seemed real busy when I called.

Almost done with the truck. Killed a 3/4 impact wrench sucking in the studs. Off to Harbor Freight to get a new one to keep on the truck, run my air reel, finish the wiring and go to the rally. Also considering rotating two rears and putting them on the front.

Actually getting excited.

I think I have sweat gallons in the past couple days working on the truck.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Servicemen/woman having served in Europe AND/OR US Army Engineers Corps

The official excuse for owning our M51A2, Truck, Dump, 6x6, is that I will make it into an exhibition on the US Army Engineers Corps in Europe during the Cold War.

Please, I need pics and stories about this. ANY members attending the GA Rally, if you served in Europe or were part of the US Engineers Corps doing civil work, can you take any old pictures or high-quality digital scans of those pics. I I need pics and stories about this. So I would be glad to listen to at least some of the stories from those who served in Europe during the Cold War, particular in the 1950s through late 1980s.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should be at DT by 1500. I plan on leaving home no later than 1200. If I can get the food and clothes packed sooner, then I will be there sooner.
You guys staying there from now on or just scouting and going back home later? Sounds like several people will be there already before the weekend.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robo those are the early birds they sometimes get there a week before anyone else.
They would be are forward guard

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next year I'm going down ten days early to beat Ron.

Just kidding Ron, I know you need the alone time to collect your thoughts and practice flipping burgers with the wrecker.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks