• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

TMNT

Ok, Michael has a Torus break of the radius. Basically he bent the bone and it crinkled it a bit. He'll have a splint and not a cast. It doesn't require resetting and it should heal just fine.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like the rally, every year somebody's child breaks something! Maybe I should keep the kids at home :)

Glad he will recover and is well :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We got the circus wagon set up and most of our trade goods spotted. T-shirt business is brisk. Thank all of you for supporting us. I cut the order big time this year so we are out of medium in both colors and only have 2x and 3x in black and 2x and 3x in tan. If you pre-ordered shirts we have them bagged. Any shirt not picked up by noon Sat will be sold.
The rally site is already busy. We have someone from Durhamtown assisting with check in at our Tactical Operations Center. You can register at the rally site instead of going to Durhamtown's check in.
Looking forward to seeing all of you who haven't arrived yet.

ke5eua

We got the circus wagon set up and most of our trade goods spotted. T-shirt business is brisk. Thank all of you for supporting us. I cut the order big time this year so we are out of medium in both colors and only have 2x and 3x in black and 2x and 3x in tan. If you pre-ordered shirts we have them bagged. Any shirt not picked up by noon Sat will be sold.
The rally site is already busy. We have someone from Durhamtown assisting with check in at our Tactical Operations Center. You can register at the rally site instead of going to Durhamtown's check in.
Looking forward to seeing all of you who haven't arrived yet.
Wreckerman, let me know where to send the funds for the two shirts I requested. I'll cover shipping and handling for when you get back from the rally.

sandcobra164

Cabin fees, trail riding fees and all that still need to be done at the Durhamtown Lodge. I'm also told that DT will be checking for armbands before you hit the trails to ensure that DT has been paid. They are always out in the mornings and afternoon but I've been told they will be there at night during the night trail ride. We'll see and I've always had my credentials and they come from the Durhamtown Office. Some Leaders in the SS chain have claimed a Zero Tolerance for driving while buzzed on the trails this year. Adjust your plans accordingly if that applies to you. I tossed that out there for General Information. I don't know if they will check the driver's of each truck but it's worth a mention and if they do check you out and you're outside the boundaries, you might get turned around. I like a good cold beer as much as anyone but if you get turned around, it's your own fault and I hope someone sober comes to get your truck along with you, park it and try it again the next day.

And No I'm not a Mod but I may be friends with a few of them. They speculate that some drinking and trail riding could have taken place in the past and they have communicated that it is not allowed.

Last edited:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the IP swapped out..finally. Truck fired right up. Ran good for about 10 minutes, then the fuel solenoid got hot and shut down. WTH? Swapped the old one on, added an extra ground wire (couldn't hurt). So far so good. Will be heading out early AM and hopefully arrive before dark.

Hottrodd789

How big is the swap meet area im driving up in my car to look at parts and stuff for sale it's a 7 hr drive. Is it with my time to. Come check it out haven't been to ga rally before?!!

sandcobra164

Not sure but I'm sure the DT Lodge will help decide that. My boy's are 8 and 5 and they rode as spectator's for free last year so they should be fine and free this year but I'll check tomorrow and as long as the internet up there is ok, I'll post back. I think I payed about 125 for camping, riding, etc with Lee and the boy's riding in my NOS USMC CUCV last year and we had armbands for all events. I think this year, the SS Leadership is checking for armbands so I'd make sure I had mine. They've been a little lax about it at times but I'd make sure to have my bands ready and I am.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How big is the swap meet area im driving up in my car to look at parts and stuff for sale it's a 7 hr drive. Is it with my time to. Come check it out haven't been to ga rally before?!!
I actually planned on doing the same last year because I needed a lot of parts. There is a lot of stuff but I only bought a jerry can. Don't get me wrong you may find just what you need... I ended up working like crazy and got the truck there and would of been disappointed if I'd only driven civi truck. Bring truck from your avatar! Load it up or drive it!! That I can guarantee will be worth it!

andy3

Swap meet is huge, at least in my eyes.
I am getting the acorns off to school now, have to finish packing the XM1xxx(help me name the beast when I get there) technical and will be on the road in a couple of hours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks