• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OH, IN, IL, KY, MI, WI, MN, (and beyond) going to Aberdeen??

Mike_Pop

I think the idea of a Western Serial is a great one! We have already had Dave McConnell join us several times and although he drives his civilian Durango, he has enjoyed the convoy every time. Dave currently lives in Michigan.

Please make sure you post your thought to me directly about routes and such. I will update the web site as necessary.

Thanks,

Mike Popovitch
2007 East Coast Convoy Commander
www.eastcoastconvoy.com

ojsdna744

jfnemt1ff1 said:
Ok sounds like it will be columbus, when and were. Are we going to make the trip in one or two days. Should we when the time comes post cell phone #s for all that are going.
John
P.S. If any from Michigan is going maybe we could hook up and go south.
I'm trying to get that time off, I'll post up when I know for sure. Not sure if I want to drive the M35 that far, but maybe I'd scoot along in the M1009. However, if there are other "speed limited" vehicles in the convoy, maybe the big rig wouldn't slow anybody down! :)

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Lance,

I am working on a schedule with stops along the way right now. I will have something sketched in later tonight.

I think we should definitely make a two day trip each way.

All of the other convoy elements will assemble a few miles outside of the rally site, then everyone will roll in all together. That occurs at 2pm on Thursday.

I am thinking we leave Cincinnati mid day on Wednesday (may 9), meet up with others from MI and WI around Columbus, OH and stop for the night some where around Wheeling, WV. That should leave us about 5 hours on Thursday (may 10) morning to get to Aberdeen.

The trip home - we'll leave aberdeen on Saturday afternoon (May 12). Stop again around Wheeling. Then finish home on Sunday (May 13).

More to follow. Stay tuned.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys, I am trying to pencil in some more of the details so everyone can start making plans. Let's plan on making it a two day trip. If anyone wants, or has to do a one day, you can just meet us at the starting point for the second day and go from there. The other convoy routes (serials) are well established and we will be copying their organization, we just have to be patient and wait until the guys get the website updated. They are diligently working on it now. www.eastcoastconvoy.com

The Interstate 70 route seems to be the best compromise for everyone involved. I would like for the Michigan and Wisconsin guys to pick a meeting place (maybe around Toledo, OH?) and then head down to Columbus, OH to meet the rest.

Here are the participants that I am aware of thus far: (please correct me if needed)

Indiana:
Hookin1 (Lance) M35A2 w/ generator trailer Evansville, Indiana

Ohio:
Gimpyrobb (Chris) Undecided MV (or may co-pilot with Crusher) Cincinnati, Ohio

Wisconsin:
Westech (Rich) M35A2 Madison, Wisconsin

Michigan:
jfnemt1ff1 (John) M561 Gama Goat with M725 St. Helen, Michigan
CCATLETT (Chris) M1008 Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
ojsdna744 ( ) M35A2 or M1009 Lapeer, Michigan

Kentucky:
Junkyard Wars Crusher (Jeff) M342A2 Petersburg, Kentucky

SCHEDULE / STOPS: (this is just a first draft, we can add or subtract as needed)

09MAY07 1500 hours
I-70 Flying J Truck Stop Millersport / Kirkersville OH (this is just east of Columbus, OH)
(Fuel Stop and Rendezvous point for members)

09MAY07 1800 hours
St. Clairsville, OH or Wheeling, WV area.
(Stop for Dinner, Maintenance, and Overnight) Depart: 10MAY06 0800 hours

10MAY07 1000 hours
I-70 Flying J Truck Stop Smithton, PA
(Fuel Stop and Rendezvous point for members)

10MAY07 1400 hours
Ollie's Bargain Outlet parking lot 20 Aberdeen Plaza, Aberdeen, MD
(Join Red, Blue, and Yellow Serials for Huge Convoy – 3 miles to Aberdeen show )

11MAY07
ADMIRE OTHER’S MVs, BUY PARTS, TELL LIES, EAT AND DRINK

12MAY07 1500 hours
Depart Aberdeen Site

12MAY07 1900 hours
I-70 Flying J Truck Stop Smithton, PA
(Fuel Stop and Separation point for members)

12MAY07 2000 hours
(Stop for Dinner, Maintenance, and Overnight) Depart: 13MAY06 0800 hours

13MAY07 1100 hours
I-70 Flying J Truck Stop Millersport / Kirkersville OH (this is just east of Columbus, OH)
(Fuel Stop and Separation point for members)

I will try to get a map on here soon to make more sense of things.
What do y'all think????? Anyone else want to join us???? Speak up!!!!

jfnemt1ff1

Meeting point

CCATLETT1984 said:
If you want to hook up with me, you could meet me down in detroit, I'll be more than happy to.
My mom still has her place in Berkley I plan on going their the night before. So maybe I696/I75 area, will keep updates as we get closer.
John

amanco

RE: Meeting point

09MAY06 1800 hours
(Stop for Dinner, Maintenance, and Overnight) Depart: 10MAY06 0800 hours
A stop in St C Vs. Wheeling would be much better as far as a convoy goes. Convoy traffic in and out of Ohio I-70 exit 218 or 220 in St. C for food, lodging, fuel etc.. would be much easier than the highly congested Wheeling area.
I can't go to Aberdeen but I would be honored to join the convoy at the Flying J east of Columbus and travel with you all on the next leg of the trip. I am originally from the eastern Ohio area and I would be more than happy to assist with the stop for dinner, maintenance, and overnight there.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Keith (amanco),

I bet we have crossed paths once or twice. I grew up in Eastern Ohio also. (Bellaire) I still have family back in Bellaire, Martins Ferry, and St C. Where is your hometown in "the Valley"? I also spent several years near Delaware. I lived in Galena (near Alum Creek State Park) and I worked near Powell (sr 23 and Powel rd). Are you anywhere near Acme rd (off of 36/37)? I have a good friend that lives there.

In regard to the convoy: I agree stopping IN Wheeling would be rough. I actually was thinking about stopping just east of Wheeling. I seem to remember a big Truck Stop in Dallas Pike. Do you know anything about it? If I recall, it was a pretty shady place, though.

We'd be glad to have you join us on the convoy (even for just a portion). Stay tuned.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, I think Cabell was working on a source of getting some made in vinyl and then we can put them on plastic, aluminum or whatever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks