• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OH, IN, IL, KY, MI, WI, MN, (and beyond) going to Aberdeen??

I happened on to the site today (thanks Mike) and the first thing I see is my name on this post for the East Coast convoy. I don't know if I'm going this year yet. The convoy is a great time even in a civi vehicle. A video from a few years ago captured my Town and Country cruising amongst the deuces. What a hoot. A convoy from this way would make bringing a MV a lot safer. I think we met up w/ th convoy in Bordentown NJ
Dave Mcconnell
Romeo, MI

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard Dave. Guess you know where to find me now. See you at Aberdeen again brother.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
Jeff, I think Cabell was working on a source of getting some made in vinyl and then we can put them on plastic, aluminum or whatever.
Yeah Kenny, I talked to Cabell, he suggested I try to see what I could source from local sign shops. I just figured I would put out the word here too, in case someone on our route already had them.

Dave_McConnell:
We'd be glad to have you join us on the new western serial. We have several guys from Michigan interested already. No MV necessary - heck, I'm not even sure if I am going to have my truck ready - lots of paint and PM to do in *gasp* less than two months!!:shock:

amanco

Junkyard Wars Crusher said:
Hey Keith (amanco),

I bet we have crossed paths once or twice. I grew up in Eastern Ohio also. (Bellaire) I still have family back in Bellaire, Martins Ferry, and St C. Where is your hometown in "the Valley"? I also spent several years near Delaware. I lived in Galena (near Alum Creek State Park) and I worked near Powell (sr 23 and Powel rd). Are you anywhere near Acme rd (off of 36/37)? I have a good friend that lives there.

In regard to the convoy: I agree stopping IN Wheeling would be rough. I actually was thinking about stopping just east of Wheeling. I seem to remember a big Truck Stop in Dallas Pike. Do you know anything about it? If I recall, it was a pretty shady place, though.

We'd be glad to have you join us on the convoy (even for just a portion). Stay tuned.
Bellaire, Eh? Well, sorry to hear that (LOL) I graduated from Ferry. Go Riders! Ok, enough of that!
I live north of Delaware off US23, but I am a road construction/permit inspector for the County Engineer's office so I am very familiar with just about any where in the county.
The Dallas Pike truck stop may not be a bad place to stop, it has it's stereo typical rumors (Jill's) but hey, a truck stop is a truck stop! Plus the new Cabela's is not far away if any one is interested.
I would be very glad to join the convoy. You know M37's, I would probably be the pace car :roll:

CCATLETT1984

Dave_McConnell said:
I too would be interested in the convoy signs. I'm convoy leader for Alpha Co. Great Lakes MVPA trip from Detroit area to Clare this August.
This year i will be attending the convoy, I have made it clear that I will NOT be working that day, or the night before.

CGarbee

Mike is working on it. Just did the IM thing with him. He is out west and is working on his laptop instead of his really nice "work" machine. But it is getting close...

ojsdna744

CCATLETT1984 said:
Dave_McConnell said:
I too would be interested in the convoy signs. I'm convoy leader for Alpha Co. Great Lakes MVPA trip from Detroit area to Clare this August.
This year i will be attending the convoy, I have made it clear that I will NOT be working that day, or the night before.
Is that convoy run up Saturday morning? Man, I can't wait for summer!! rofl I'm getting geeked for all these runs and parades!!

gilbert21/2ton

im comen too

i will be meeting up with you gies in cambridge ohio an hour and a halfeast of columbs at the truck stop or wall mart right off I-70 any quistions ask

Westech

CPL
RE: Re: RE: im comen too

O and I have one more question.. are we sleeping in the trucks? thats what I always do for just a 2 day trip. I plan on getting a place in Aberdeen, but I don't mind camping out for a night.

ojsdna744

Sleeping in Aberdeen...

...being an Aberdeen rookie, and not having purchased a vending spot, is there a "vehicle display area" ticket or pass to be purchased? Or, if not, can I sleep in my rig out in the parking lot of the show? I'm coming down to meet up with the convoy @ the 1000am fueling stop on thursday morning and then following out with everyone else. I plan on shopping and not selling...where will Don sleep? Should I scramble to buy some pass that I need? :roll: Help me oh veterans of the show! :lol:

red devils dude

RE: Sleeping in Aberdeen...

there is a vehicle display area in front towards the high way(I 95) and I'd like to know
what the rules are with sleeping in you rig looks like I'll be doing it too.

gilbert21/2ton

RE: Sleeping in Aberdeen...

well i asked and you have to resurve vending spots but they might be all full and i think we can sleep in our rigs cause i have too to ask mangus he knows all about it

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: im comen too

gilbert21/2ton said:
i will be meeting up with you gies in cambridge ohio an hour and a halfeast of columbs at the truck stop or wall mart right off I-70 any quistions ask

Hey Gilbert,

Glad to have you along. Are you going to be at the Pilot Truck Stop (I-70 and SR 209)Exit 178 ???

I can add a quick stop to the convoy there, or you can just sit on the entrance ramp and fall into the column as we pass. Let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks