• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, New site...

hippiedude

I love the new look , it seems to be very user friendly , and I find it much easier to read....I keep finding new things to click on check out too......NICE JOB MIKE .....:beer:[thumbzup] Tim

mangus580

so THAT is where those errors are coming from in my inbox!!!

I will look into it....

FYI, I hadnt planne don leaving that link.... unless you guys actually use it!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I hate the new color scheme. I don't mind the new forum format, and I think the reputation, reporting, and other posting enhancements are good. But the color scheme stinks. It's not easy to read or look at.
Can you be more specific? The contrast between the text and background is OK for me. Is it dim for you?

If you prefer other colors, name them or something. The only way to perfectly be clear is to exactly define what you like.

If you view the source of the page, you can see all the colors being used (in the form of "#nnnnnn" in the code in the customary groups of 256 value * RGB in hex.

This is why a comment about the scheme should be specific, there are over 16 million possible colors (whether your broswer can display them all or not). If you want to be daring and suggest a scheme, you could save a page, edit the code for the colors, save it, and submit it for review to the powers that be.

I think I counted about 77 places where a color is specified on this one kind of page alone, even if the values are the same for many parts, so it could keep you busy a while if it is worth it to you.

I'm not at all trying to be rude, it's just that comments should be specific in order to be more helpful.

I will say this (but only for the hardware geeks): You can radically alter the color scheme at your end. Just swap around the R, G, and B signals at your display. Swapping the red and blue for instance would be quite a change if you don't like so much orange. (works nicely as a prank if done -inside- the monitor:twisted:) You can also diddle the gain of the individual channels. Patch bay time. If you don't want to dig into the display, the cables and all can be bought at a computer store, assuming you have not sacrificed your freedom to the abomination of a digital video card.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I thought I might chime in here and thank Mike and S/S Staff for doing such a nice job on the new format. I like alot of the new features, and will have to adjust to some of the changes. All in all, Good Job!

Tanner

Nice work

Okay... so what did I do?? :-D New site looks great - kinda dim, but then, so am I...

Of course, Mom said I wasn't dim, just 'special' -

Last edited:

tacoma

Sweet!

I haven't been able to log in until tonight. :mad: But all's well that ends well as they say. :D I like the new, sinister look hahahah

JCease

Mike, thanks for all of your hard work. Most everybody seems to be understanding! I am learning all of the ins and outs.....but thanks again to you! You are a great ambassador of this hobby to all of us!

J

illtemper

I really do appreciate all the work that goes into this, but I'll add my 2cents. 90% of the time I'm online from my phone (ppc,windows mobile), and until the switch I never had a problem,however now it takes forever to load (20min + ,if at all) and seems to be almost unusable. for reference I have qwest service (sprint) and get good service nation wide. maybe I'm the only one , but when you get done with the other stuff I'd really appreciate it if you could look into this as I can't really get on the site much anymore. other than that and the lack of color scheme options (I prefer a black background because it conserves my battery) the new site is great. thanks again...Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks