• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overkill Customs M920 Build

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Bradon,
thanks, that is what I thought, Ill just leave things as thay are, what is the stock button

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is a fantastic use for a M920! Looks great! Are you going to paint the whole truck desert tan? That pole building looks good too. Keep us posted on your progress.

eldgenb

You look to have a very usable truck, nice job. How did you like the auto transmission in the M920?
I do like it, it is still pretty cold here and the valves are a little sticky till the tranny warms up, once it does its a very smooth tranny, most hard shifts are a timing issue, operator error.

eldgenb

would be neat if the bed was able to be removed with the crane kinda like the trucks with roll off beds. lift it off and remount the 5th wheel if needed.

what you going to do with the old rear winch, pom me if you want to sell it.

It is :beer: I took the angle that mounts the winch to the frame and moved it to fill in the gap between where the winch was and the 5th wheel plate was. I am in the process of building some hinges that will use the bar that held the roller on the end for dumping. Instead of adding a dump ram I am going to weld a loop on the front of the bed and use the crane for manual dumping. Pull two pins and knock the bar out and put the 5th wheel back on!! great minds do think alike..

XanRa

Ron,I ONLY used it when shifting from 3rd to 4th,and I was the only person to drive that truck with the pump that way.

I changed it back to stock when I sold it. I don't reccommend it to anyone,it is a LOT of RPMS for a 250,If I blew it I would chock it up to my not watching the tach while shifting up.

You can hear the 250 screaming here,I shifted into 4th just as the video ends..
Army M816 recovering M123 6x6#
it was deffinitly screamin! lol thats crazy

M920

Soni, that was the one that was choked off?
What button do you suggest?
Jeff,
No that was the one stock for the Big Cam 1 in the M920. (got the 600HP ISX in it now....so no more fuel buttons...It is all done by Laptop PC now....lol)
The M916's Big Cam 3 original IP was bad so we used a diffrent pump.
We ended up putting a #17 button and the green governor spring in to that one and it makes the BC3 generate around 475HP.....It really runns great!
You want to make sure though that you put a pyrometer in the truck or you are taking a chance when working it hard! 1150 degrees F is about the max you want to run on your EGT for any period of time....:roll:

Soni

Oh...and I'm no expert on this, but I'm pretty sure the lower numbers for the buttons give it more fuel....

eldgenb

Eldgin,
That truck turned out awesome! lookin at your truck, I realize now why my M920 has a rather large turning radius. With the pusher axle gone, I can see now how long of a wheel base the M920 really has!
So......what else are you going to do to it?
Oh and thanks for all the pictures.....I bet your neighbors "love" you almost as much as mine do me.....lol

Soni
you know, my neighbors are surprisingly supportive, that is until one of them tries to sell there home so that is why I am putting the pole bldg up so I can do whatever whenever I want. I only live on 1/3 acre so I have to be smart with what space I have, luckily my father lives 1 block from me and has almost an acre and he lets me store pending projects over there.

16.00 r 20's is probably one of the last things to do to it after the dump hinge is finished.

eldgenb

That is a fantastic use for a M920! Looks great! Are you going to paint the whole truck desert tan? That pole building looks good too. Keep us posted on your progress.
I am going to paint the whole thing tan, I was going to buy some commercial paint and do a semi gloss to make cleanup easier but I might just go flat again, I don't know yet. The pole barn is 1400 sq ft with 16' eaves with vaulted truss's so I can use the crane inside if I need to.

eldgenb

Oh...and I'm no expert on this, but I'm pretty sure the lower numbers for the buttons give it more fuel....[/QUOTE]

Soni is correct, the smaller the # the more fuel.

eldgenb

Thanks guys. Sorry for the hi-jack Eldgen. You deserve some kind of iron butt award for sure.

Jeff
no worries, yeah I would have liked to have taken more time to do things like sleep or smell the roses or sleep but I told my 4 yr old I would be back in time to take him to disney on ice, we made it back with plenty of time.:driver:

Varyag

Man! you drove right by me. It would have been a riot with my neighbors had you stopped by.

I could have been like "seee what I could have. The duece isn't that big!"

Are you gonna bring that on the convoy next Summer?

Where is your business at in Spokane? I am up there all the time.

M920

Great looking project! I didn't know there was a 5- ton Mods and Hot Rodding Forum!

I think it's a new Forum....Very cool!!!....Should really say 5-ton "AND UP" Mods and Hot Rodding though.....that truck for example is hardly a "5-ton"....:roll: lol

Soni

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks