• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overkill Customs M920 Build

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well here is the finished product, two things that will change in the near future will be the 16's and my 3 tool box tire carrier setup I am still building, I will tow the deuce in the parade tomorrow just to showcase other toys. I have included a before picture to show where I started at.
Enjoy!
That deuce looks so tiny :!:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:cool:_____Diesel Fitter !_____:cool:

For Cool and Useful Modifications to a Large Diesel truck,

As Judged Unanimously by the Grand Visier of PBR Welder Hacks,

The Covetous and Rarefied Diesel Fitter Award is Hereby Bestowed Upon

eldgenb

eldgenb

couldn't figure out how to put this as a video on the forum so here is a link to the video taken by my sister at the parade, looks pretty good, no the truck in front of me is not mine however three of them in the parade were, and yes the bobber is just fine I just towed it as a prop since I did not want to register or insure it.
Enjoy

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/eldgenb/?action=view&current=MAH00529.mp4

Last edited:

eldgenb

by the way, installing 16.00 r 20's right now and found out that you have to use 20oz of equals (ballast media for balancing tires) per tire. About $20 per tire gets you smooth sailing, not bad trade for not pissing blood. I will post pics when I am done over the weekend.

eldgenb

That caught my eye as well, looks like you are as adept at working with timber as you are at steel, a very rare talent. more pics of the building construction please :)
Peter.
I am going to start working on it some more here in the next few weeks, should have it done in the next 45 days, I will take some pics and some progress pics and post them, it has 16' eves especially for "sheila" I knew she would be big so I designed it around her. It is 30x50 which is the biggest my county would let me build so I took full advantage of that. It has two rollup doors, one is 12x14 and the other is 10x10, vaulted ceilings so I can operate the crane indoors if I need to. and I am kicking around the idea of radiant heat flooring (not sure if it is worth it or not for my application). 6" floors throughout with 1' on center rebar to hold her up without cracking. Thanks for your interest, the shop will keep me from working in the rain and snow which I am really excited about.rofl

droopypete

I am going to start working on it some more here in the next few weeks, should have it done in the next 45 days, I will take some pics and some progress pics and post them, it has 16' eves especially for "sheila" I knew she would be big so I designed it around her. It is 30x50 which is the biggest my county would let me build so I took full advantage of that. It has two rollup doors, one is 12x14 and the other is 10x10, vaulted ceilings so I can operate the crane indoors if I need to. and I am kicking around the idea of radiant heat flooring (not sure if it is worth it or not for my application). 6" floors throughout with 1' on center rebar to hold her up without cracking. Thanks for your interest, the shop will keep me from working in the rain and snow which I am really excited about.rofl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYu8GpJ9oek

Down here we call it a shed, here is a link to a great song by John Williamson, a great Aussie song writer.
Peter.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eldgen...so this is the monster the LED eyeballs are going on??? Haven't been following this thread, but that is nice! I like the 817 bed with racks.[thumbzup]:grd:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

eldgenb

the one

Eldgen...so this is the monster the LED eyeballs are going on??? Haven't been following this thread, but that is nice! I like the 817 bed with racks.[thumbzup]:grd:
Thanks, yep this is the "shop truck" Sheila. Yeah that bed was pretty rotten but with a little love and a lot of steel she is in sound working order and looks pretty good too. I am collecting parts to swap out the cat for an eaton fuller trans so that is the winters project this year.

eldgenb

I call my workspace/shop my place of zen and tell people who are bothering me they are fu$king with my chi!! "quote from the movie swordfish with John Travolta"

eldgenb

pics of 53's and partial shop

Here are some pics with the 16's on and some pics of the shop in its current condition. By the way, the pics do not even come close to doing the 920 justice, the truck is absolutely massive.
Enjoy.

Attachments

droopypete

I love the pic of you sitting on the front guard (fender) I will ad it to my favourites and yes it does do justice to the size of that beast (assuming you are taller than 3'6" :)) great job, especially seeing as you do all your fine work in a dirt driveway.

but you have broken the first rule of shed building, don't move in until it is finished!!
I made that mistake with mine (out of nececity) now I have a 60'x40' shed full of crap and no concrete, I hate the dirt floor:-( and pick those trusses up off the ground, moistiure will race up your end grains (oops that sounds painfull:)) and they will be worthless sit them on some sacrificial scraps of wood.

Good luck with both projects.
Peter.

eldgenb

I love the pic of you sitting on the front guard (fender) I will ad it to my favourites and yes it does do justice to the size of that beast (assuming you are taller than 3'6" :)) great job, especially seeing as you do all your fine work in a dirt driveway.

but you have broken the first rule of shed building, don't move in until it is finished!!
I made that mistake with mine (out of nececity) now I have a 60'x40' shed full of crap and no concrete, I hate the dirt floor:-( and pick those trusses up off the ground, moistiure will race up your end grains (oops that sounds painfull:)) and they will be worthless sit them on some sacrificial scraps of wood.

Good luck with both projects.
Peter.
Yeah I am 6' tall if that helps, I only put that rolling chassis in the shed for a little bit, I sold it and needed the room in my concrete driveway to build my next bobber.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks