• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overkill Customs M920 Build

eldgenb

so I have a bit of a dilemma, I originally had the idea way back about putting a sleeper on the truck and when I got it home I discarded the idea. Well now I am looking at the possibility of putting a 36" sit down model on it after all, I would move the crane back to put it on. Now the gap that is currently there was going to be for tool box's and a spare tire carrier but with the crane I can always either pic a spare and put it on the trailer or in the bed of the truck for longer trips. What do you guys think? I don't really plan on sleeping in it much if ever but I think it would be great to throw the dogs in or treat it like an extended cab for the boy to play in or sleep in on longer trips. Just a thought. What do you guys think the next stage should be?

eldgenb

well even though I posted for opinions I could not pass up the deal so I bought the sleeper. It has self contained a/c and heat, 36" Stereo speaker, storage and is an interesting color of blue but hey, all that can be easily dealt with. No dent/breaks and even comes with the gaskets between truck and cab. I am going to store it until this winter when I pull off the cab to swap the trans or maybe I will get impatient and do it sooner who knows. Sleeper in the near future!! also this gives me the ability in the State of Washington to give up my collector plate and switch to RV so that LEO's and I are on the same level when I tow really big things!!

eldgenb

well bad news, should have brought a tape, guy said it was a 36" was actually a 42" so the legs of the crane will hit the 16.00/20's as is, well, I have a really nice 42" sleeper that would work great for someone without a crane I will sell cheap, looking for a real 36" one now.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That really stinks :-(

I don't suppose you'd want to "circumcise" it, would you?
Kinda like the Rabbi said: "Oops, cut it twice and it's still too short!" :doh:

If you were closer, I'd be interested in your surplus sleeper. How much do you want for it, anyway?

droopypete

It could be an opportunity to fabricate one, my original fear was that it would look a bit too "civilian" for your application, most sleepers I have seen look obviously fibreglass and the radius on the corners is too large, you can now fab one out of steel/aluminium, break out the dimple dies and rivets and make something that looks factory, I know you have the fab skills but not sure about time.
Peter.

edit,
Maybe a cut down, (really cut down, length, height and width) shop van could work, it would certainly have the military look and should be quicker and easier than starting from scratch just a thought.

Attachments

eldgenb

That really stinks :-(

I don't suppose you'd want to "circumcise" it, would you?
Kinda like the Rabbi said: "Oops, cut it twice and it's still too short!" :doh:

If you were closer, I'd be interested in your surplus sleeper. How much do you want for it, anyway?
$200 would be nice to get for it. cutting it would be a PITA, its all aluminum and a tig welder is on my christmas list. I would love to fabricate one but if I am going to go through all of that I would graft another cab on it and make it a crew cab but that is a loooooot of work not to mention finding another cab for my son to be a little more comfortable. If it had been 36" like it was supposed to it would be perfect, well once this one is sold I will just get the right one, making one would cost more than it would be worth for me.

Last edited:

Ord22

good looking truck! great idea for the sleeper. it will sure be a one of a kind when its all said and done, good luck. don't forget the pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks