• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2013 Rausch Creek Sign Up Thread

jwentz57

I am trying to make the rally. may be by myself if the wife cant get off.this would be the first time. always like the MV and spring of 2012 I got my m35a2 . I hope to be back to work by then so it may be later Friday i will be getting there. looking foreword to meeting the members that are going. and if any one is traveling up past Harrisburg would not mind joining up for a convoy.thanks

BillabongKong

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in !

Looking forward to a Great time !
M923a1 Myself and my wife
Bringing the following items...BEER
We will be leaving from the Meadowlands area of in NJ Friday morning 4/12
I expect to be at the intersection of Rt.287 and Rt.78 before or around Noon.
Anyone wishing to meet up please contact me.
we will be setting up our tent at the Hampton Inn in Pine Grove but don't worry I will join you guys at the campfires so you can tease me about staying in a Hotel.
I am staying over Sunday night and leaving Monday Morning 4/15.
Everyone please have my info with you in the event of a problem on the road I will be happy to help.

I was undecided untill I realized the the King of the Hammers Qualifier is that weekend too.
I know this means much of the park is closed to us but it is really going to add to the excitement.
coincidentally Extreme 4X4 on Spike TV did a segment on This exact event at Raush Creek last year!
It will air again Sunday 3/23 on Spike TV at 9:00 AM
And you can check it out here http://ultra4racing.com/tag/2013-king-of-the-hammers/
Ultra 4 Racings lists their schedule as Start April 12 8:00 am end April 13 5:00 pm
Has anyone established our schedule?
It might be nice to check out the King of the Hammers action together at some point.
Thanks Frank
Cell 914-621-8109 Text or call at any reasonable hour. need help? call anytime

Last edited:

PaFarmer

I plan to start off watching the race some on Saturday. I was up yesterday and there were a few guys prerunning, testing and tuning. There is a lot of tech in the buggies and those guys have some stones to hit the rocks they hit at the speed they do.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was talking to my dad and he is going to see about driving the M109A3 down too. Then we were talkong to my uncle and we are going to try to get my cousin to come down with his grand cherokee. He is worried that it might break down on the trails or something bibi think it would fit fine in the back of my M35A2 if we hadto bring it back home. :) Not definitely sure yet on what the plans are. I am interested in a pair of 1" x 1" towbar feet if anybody has a pair they want to sell. Other than that... im kinda strapped for money this year. I cant wait to see everybody! I started getting ready yesterday by checking the brakes on my M105A2.. things look good so far! :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a spare military cot they can bring and loan me for Friday and Saturday night? I believe I have a 3/4-ton M101 trailer I can borrow from a friend that I can sleep in, but my cot broke last fall and I haven't been able to snag one for sale since. I just need it for a couple nights, to prevent having to sleep on the floor of my truck again and messing up my back like last time.

shenkmen

Anyone have a spare military cot they can bring and loan me for Friday and Saturday night? I believe I have a 3/4-ton M101 trailer I can borrow from a friend that I can sleep in, but my cot broke last fall and I haven't been able to snag one for sale since. I just need it for a couple nights, to prevent having to sleep on the floor of my truck again and messing up my back like last time.
Gotcha covered.

joshs1ofakindxj

I was really hoping to make this one but I haven't had time to start my spring maintenance until this past weekend and I've got some work to do. Both hub boots blown out is the main thing keeping me from going offroading. I hope to make it to Ruasch with the truck one of these times!

Corvette1974

I'm definitely coming, got my plans figured out, I'm bringing my M1028, and fire wood (along with random other things). I have two friends with Jeeps coming and another with a K3500 Chevy along with a few passengers. We should all arrive on Friday from 6-7 and stay until Sunday. I cant wait!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May be having my daughter with me, my schedule worked out this way with her mom. If she does come, it will be against her will, she doesn't understand her dad's hobbies.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still one for now, I may be able to get her to stay at her grandparent's place for a couple days instead. Will advise if something changes, thanks.

71m109a3

I will be there Friday afternoon with my M1009 and my buddy is bringing his Land Cruiser. We will be leaving Saturday night. Still bringing firewood. Can't wait!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks