• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

Tommy Frantz

I'm thinking seriously about going. I'll be driving my 923A2 up there, probably on Thursday. Is anybody else from sw Virginia going,, maybe we can convoy?

Tommy
Salem, VA

Carlo

I wish we could see things like this in Italia. 3,000 acres? Seems like a measurement out of this world. You people have it so good and I hope you know it.

Tommy Frantz

I wish we could see things like this in Italia. 3,000 acres? Seems like a measurement out of this world. You people have it so good and I hope you know it.
Most of us on the SS forum know how good we have it here and appreciate it immensely. We love this country dearly but we fear it is being lost.

PaFarmer

We have it good, but when I hear about millions of acres with public access out west like Utah, New Mexico, Colorado and Cali, I wish that we had had more public access in PA. Within 30 minutes of Rausch Creek, there is 6500 acres soon to be opened as a new off road park by AOAA (I have been riding there 18 years, it is all abandoned anthracite strip mining land that the County took for unpaid taxes) and Reading Anthracite sells annual passes for $125 to off road on their 20,000+ acres. So we have a lot of access, it just isn't free or large enough to ride for days at a time.

Tommy Frantz

I'm right next to I81, so I'll be taking that all the way up. In some locations, like around Harrisonburg, VA I'll take route 11 because I can only go 60. Harrisonburg is a zoo and everyone goes 70-80mph so I'll avoid that area.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amen to that!! I may take route 11 the whole way; people get their panties in a wad when I'm on I81 with the 923.
I go up I-81 the whole way up from Front Royal. If you want to meet up Friday and head up together in case you have any mechanical issues (safety in numbers) I'd be happy to do that.

PaFarmer

The camping area is directly adjacent to the gravel parking lot, you will have no problem with a 2wd truck, or a minivan for that matter.

bonedoc

Thinking about coming to this and bringing my JK. Love wheeling there!! Here is a few pics from last fall when we were there last. Just starting to look for my first M.V.

Attachments

PaFarmer

As a fellow jeeper, you are welcome to bring it. We often have civy trucks in the mix. Some of the hardcore purists (those without nice jeeps) might scoff, but who cares. There is always a good collection of military trucks, many with cool mods.

Corvette1974

You guys are going to kill me for bailing a second time...but I don't think I can attend this time. But it is for good reason! The $300 it would cost to do the trip I'm going to save instead, because I'm currently saving up to buy an M35. Well actually I'm saving for my Corvette, but once that is done all funds are being dedicated to obtaining an M35. I figure next RC rally maybe I'll have a Deuce...

Will

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Early morning, I get there around 11am-12 noon on Friday. Usually noone there when I arrive, except maybe psychobob in his van bodied-deuce.

5tonman1971

I think I'm gunna try and make this one i can't decide what I want to bring the 923 or the 813 shoot if the 816 is done maybe I'll bring that incase anyone gets stuck

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I'm gunna try and make this one i can't decide what I want to bring the 923 or the 813 shoot if the 816 is done maybe I'll bring that incase anyone gets stuck
We've actually had an M819 wrecker-crane OUT ON THE TRAILS there, not just in the parking lot. So, if you're feeling froggy, and want to bring the wrecker and try it out on the big trails, you're more than welcome!

We've had a M109 shop van too, and a couple jacked-up M818 and M916 tractors. We're waiting for someone who REALLY wants an offroad challenge to bring a 10-ton and a van semitrailer back on the main trails, (they were designed for offroad!) but don't think anyone wants to suck that much seat-cushion foam into his asscrack in one day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks