• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Summer 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soliders Rally

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke with Lt. Dan and he told me to tell everyone he plans on going to the rally. He would like you all to know anyone that wants to convoy can meet him at Cabelas at 6 and we are rolling out at 6:30.

GregSLSTJ

Count me in. I will be camping, coming up friday in the M35A2. Most likely by myself but I would like to meet up at Cabelas. Is that the one in Hamburg? I'll bring firewood, tools etc.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lt. Dan wanted me to share his number in case anyone would like to convoy with him.

48433665I7 He lives about 15 minutes from cabelas so he could meet there and shouldn't be out of the way.

irishvin

Ok guys, we only have 5 more days to go!! To anyone who
is arriving early on Friday: try to set up
a place for at least 14 trucks so that we're all together.
Pafarmer said he will be a guide for the event
(Thank you sir for the help!)
I also let RC know that SS is on its way
for the weekend so that they're ready for us.
We will be hitting the trails at 8:30.
Lunch will most likely be on the trails.
Can't wait to see all you out there !!!

I'll be arriving Friday night between 7 and 8pm.

any questions post it up and ill get back to you asap.

Went to change out the body bushings on my M1031 maintenance body and found out I'm missing parts of the aluminum chassis. Going to have do some upside down tig welding and pull a few late nighters, but I think I can make it.

Attachments

shenkmen

Irishvin,
Nice job on setting this up.

If you go to the office and ask for cones they'll give you some to mark of the area. Just make sure they are returned when done.

I might show up. Not sure yet.

Cheers.

Last edited:

PaFarmer

Plethora of Guns. Don't do too much welding, you will limit your articulation. A mog only has the three mounts for the bed, so you can get lots of frame flex. You must have been getting some good flex to generate cracks and breaks, maybe you need some more flexible mounts or bolting through bigger areas of the bed to make connections, to spread the load. Good luck

PaFarmer

Shenkman has gone soft, riding around in a cushy jeep cherokee. He has been complaining about sand in his mangina or noise from his flex plate or something. Sometimes he sounds like a bitch and I just tune him out.

Just kidding buddy. Get your stuff sorted so was can go wheeling.

Plethora of Guns. Don't do too much welding, you will limit your articulation. A mog only has the three mounts for the bed, so you can get lots of frame flex. You must have been getting some good flex to generate cracks and breaks, maybe you need some more flexible mounts or bolting through bigger areas of the bed to make connections, to spread the load. Good luck
I think it was all those blue trails i was trying to fit down last time. I have to stop pretending it's a Jeep.

shenkmen

Shenkman has gone soft, riding around in a cushy jeep cherokee. He has been complaining about sand in his mangina or noise from his flex plate or something. Sometimes he sounds like a bitch and I just tune him out.

Just kidding buddy. Get your stuff sorted so was can go wheeling.
Ha! All of this from the guy with 27 FMV's and has wheeled a Jeep most often at Rausch Creek. The same guy who plans on wheeling a Jeep this weekend too!

And yes, the motor in my Cherokee has a knock. I might bring it just to send it over a cliff. Get you cameras ready.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks