• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plans for California trip in the works

Hookin1

CT don't forget to call me and let me know when you are going to be at howards :) I'll meet you down there. You are also welcome to stay at my place if you would like for some hot food a shower and a bed :D

Jones

Welcome mat is still out here in Sacramento if your trip takes you through here. Let me know and I'll get detailed directions to you.
Signed, the baby HEMTT and his boy Leonard

Oh for heck's sake!!

Bjorn, You will be going right past my place!!
I can throw a rock and hit the cars on the 101 fwy from my property. I'm 1/4 mile south (actually east if you look at a map) of Hwy 23/101 interchange in Thousand Oaks, Ca.

Would love to see you and offer any help I can. Tony is just between me and Ventura.
Ventura is only 30 minutes from here.

I have room for the trailer at my place if you want to drop it off to be able to move around a little easier when you get here. Also tools, air, welder, and a place to work on your truck - just in case. If you need a place to crack some WVO we can do it here as well.

Between Tony, Djfremma and myself you have a very welcome mat out. We'll show you good ol' West Coast Hospitality.

Tony

Bjorn,
As Gary stated, we are looking forward to you comming by..I'm 10-15min north on the 23 from Garys place.
Looking forward for you too see what we have here. Ventura is a nice little town, yo will like it there.

Tony

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds exciting! As you know operating one of these trucks over long distances requires some plannig, so as soon as you are able please, PM me directions to your respective places. I like to arrive in the morning, it's easier for me to stick to a schedule that way.

So Gary, have you designed any great biodiesel stickers yet?
The roller on the back of my pipeline bed is like a rollidex and I have one side reserved for biodiesel/veggio oil stickers. :)

Hi Bjorn,

Rather than a PM I thought I would post here. You have the whole left coast hanging with bait on their breath ( I think that's how they say it).
:lol: We're just plain excited for a West meets East Pow Wow and impromptu green iron reunion.

Any updates on possible departure timeframe? Jones in particular may have to pull some extra shifts due to manpower positioning.

area52

Bjorn
If your schedule puts you on I-40 going through New Mexico on Aug 5th, then we can convoy over to California. I have to go over to pick up my deuce from the guy I won it from on Ebay. We ( the wife and I) were going to stay in Laughlin NV that night and do the rest the next day.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary and all, my current plan is to leave here on or about Aug 1st. I have a lot to do still, but hope to make without postponement.
Area52, lets compare notes later, I will be going through New Mexico at about that time. Where in California are you going?
I also have a scheduled stop near Barstow, which may take 1/2 a day.

area52

trip

cranetruck said:
Gary and all, my current plan is to leave here on or about Aug 1st. I have a lot to do still, but hope to make without postponement.
Area52, lets compare notes later, I will be going through New Mexico at about that time. Where in California are you going?
I am going on I-40 all the way to Barstow. My deuce is south of there in Hesperia but I may or may not go down there at first. We are going over to the central coast( San Luis Obispo) for a few days and then picking up the deuce on the way back( Aug 10th i hope).

I will pm you my cell and home phone #'s.

Wade

Re: trip

area52 said:
cranetruck said:
We are going over to the central coast( San Luis Obispo) for a few days and then picking up the deuce on the way back( Aug 10th i hope).
Wade

Bjorn and Wade -
Are you going to be hitting Barstow Truck Salvage when you get to Barstow?
I have one item (very small) I would like to see if you could get if you do. As of late it has been about 110-114 degrees there. :cry:
It has been unreasonably hot here these past 2 weeks, as it has in the whole US. I hope it lets up for your trip.

Wade,
You need to stop in and say Hi when you head up to San Luis Obispo (nice place by the way). I am 1 block off the fwy in Thousand Oaks, Ca.
If you like cow, I have a great steak place for you to stop at in Nipomo, just north of Santa Maria - which is home of the Tri-Tip cut of meat and Santa Maria style BBQ.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: trip

Bruce Beattie finally disclosed the final destination for his laundry trailer, EUREKA, NEVADA!
My travel plans will change to the extent that I'll be going into Nevada from Denver (I-70/Rt50).
After dropping the trailer off, I will then continue to Sacramento and then on down to Ventura. The good part is that I don't have to mess with the trailer in California, where I have several stops planned.
My return trip will be via I-40.
I should be able to make all previously planned visits along the way, but not in the same order. :)

area52

Re: trip

Bjorn and Wade -
Are you going to be hitting Barstow Truck Salvage when you get to Barstow?
I have one item (very small) I would like to see if you could get if you do. As of late it has been about 110-114 degrees there. :cry:
It has been unreasonably hot here these past 2 weeks, as it has in the whole US. I hope it lets up for your trip.

Wade,
You need to stop in and say Hi when you head up to San Luis Obispo (nice place by the way). I am 1 block off the fwy in Thousand Oaks, Ca.
If you like cow, I have a great steak place for you to stop at in Nipomo, just north of Santa Maria - which is home of the Tri-Tip cut of meat and Santa Maria style BBQ.[/quo

Gary
I am going by there on Sunday, are they open on Sundays?
I used to live in Atascadero so I know about that place your talking about. We are going across 58 to Bakersfield and then over 46 to the coast so Thousand Oaks is a little out of the way, sorry about that, I would like to meet up some time.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Bjorn, If you need anything on your way to the 40, I'm in Monrovia, about 3/4 mile south of the 210. Good luck. Keep the greasy side down and teh green side up!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial

Area52, Did you ever get that duece from Port Hueneme or did that deal fall through? We should all meet up at one place when Bjorn gets into So Cal so he does'nt have to drive all over the place. Somewhere to accomodate a bunch of dueces.

area52

Yea, that deal fell through, me and GL didn't see eye to eye on some things. I did a "buy it now" for one on Ebay out in Hesperia. I have to head back on Aug 10th so I am picking it up then and making the 700 mile drive :shock: through the desert!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks