• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

Hammer

The nice part about having it done is that they will make it SQUARE as well as flat. That can effect torque ratings, sealing, etc. Not usually that big of a deal, but that is part of setting them up correctly on the machine to grind them.
If they are good looking, and you are just after a fresh surface, then your method will work ok.

As for the seats, well, I am not sure if anyone that sat in mine are ready for them yet. Maybe they will chime in or PM you if they are.

Guys, Kaiserjeeps is the one who made those NICE seats I have in my 5 ton! I know a few of you sat in them. Sure makes these longer drives a lot easier.

mikkelborg

If nobody else makes or finds a set, I could make up some convoy signs on plywood. I just need the specifications, I know I have seen them online before but I just can't seem to find them right now. I could also make up a set of 12"x18" blue, green, and white/black flags if we want them.

Collin

mikkelborg

I can work with that, I probably won't get around to making them if I have to for a while anyways. I'm too busy getting the truck out of mothballs and shined up for the summer right now. As of today I have buffed all the paintwork once, cut off the home made hardtop that a fire department added to it and done a little general cleanup, it has been a good day.

Collin

REO 54

Hello Lonegunman.I found it not a problem to title&register a duece.Cost may be an issue though.My 81' Amgen m35a2 will cost me $438.50 for tax,weight,and fees.Colville grad myself.Hope you can make it PNW rally.

REO 54

PNW Rally

No jeeps here.However, does Aron have enough Port-o-Potties?Looks like good crowd for the gathering.I would be willing to sponsor another one to protect Arons septic system. Dave

Hammer

Bring it on! Let's see if we can make parking a challenge.
I will probably be the only one that needs more space for maneuvers in your yard.

I do think we might need to plan the parking and 'driving lanes' with this many people showing up though!

mikkelborg

i saw a old ww2 jeep today was it any of you guys?
I would guess that he is one of the WSMVPC guys that did the Armed Forces Day Parade in Bremerton today. Is anybody here a member of WSMVPC? I tried to submit a message on their website and never got a response. I've been hearing rummors about other M37's and jeeps and deuces in Poulsbo and Silverdale but I haven't seen them myself or heard about who the owners are. One M37 was even spotted driving past my neighborhood, by my family, and it wasn't me. I wish I could find the owner and tell him about Steel Soldiers and our get together.

Collin

64c30

I would guess that he is one of the WSMVPC guys that did the Armed Forces Day Parade in Bremerton today. Is anybody here a member of WSMVPC? I tried to submit a message on their website and never got a response. I've been hearing rummors about other M37's and jeeps and deuces in Poulsbo and Silverdale but I haven't seen them myself or heard about who the owners are. One M37 was even spotted driving past my neighborhood, by my family, and it wasn't me. I wish I could find the owner and tell him about Steel Soldiers and our get together.

Collin
It could've been one of the PSMVCC members as today was Armed Forces Day at Ft Lewis. We display a number of our vehicles there every year.

64c30

As it stands now, and all things are subject to change according to Pvt Murphy, Donna and I are planning on being at the "festivities" in July. (Don't tell anybody, but Saturday the 17th is her Birthday, the big 55.) We'll be bring the CUCV Blazer with beacon and something BIG if I can get to Ohio and get it out here before the campout.

64c30

As it stands now, and all things are subject to change according to Pvt Murphy, Donna and I are planning on being at the "festivities" in July. (Don't tell anybody, but Saturday the 17th is her Birthday, the big 55.) We'll be bring the CUCV Blazer with beacon and something BIG if I can get to Ohio and get it out here before the campout.

Almost forgot that I already have a "CONVOY AHEAD" sign to bring as well.

After returning from Ohio, the reverse side will show "CONVOY FOLLOWS".