• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

srodocker

well the otuside handle does nothing now. and when i get the latch to come out of inside the door and shut it, it just pushes in... i have to hold the inside handle in the lock position and slam it...

btw you meeting us in tacoma?

REO 54

Ahh I see.I saw that there are some posts on door mechanics that could help address the handle side of things.As for the catch,I just loosened the screws and tapped it out a bit so the door bolt would actually latch behind the 2nd notch.Shuts nice and tight now.

Hammer

lol, that's what we can do Friday night. Tamper with something on the trucks there, and then call Ed early in the A.M. and give him a list. "There are 10 things wrong in these five trucks. You have two hours. GO."
OK, do when I get all ten things fixed in less time, WHO is going to buy me the new shop truck as my grand prize?
Oh, and because I will finish it with time to spare, do I get the bonus prize of of the shop truck coming fully loaded with tools?

Btw, that was a FUNNY post!

Josh

Just got off the phone with the guy with the totes, hes delivering them to me tomorrow. If anyone wants one let me know. 50 bucks ea.

Josh

heh I have a bunch of mostly empty 55gallon drums ( all have WMO residue in them). That I seem to be stock piling also that I Dont need anymore. I payed 10 bucks each for em if anyone wants a drum or 2,

srodocker

josh your bringing your pump setup correct? and we will fill our tanks with it so less to use as i doubt i'll have a trailer to put the tote in. when there empty they pretty easy to move around?

Hammer

Like I said, I have 5 of these suckers!
They work very well for WMO.
Note, once they get almost any oil in them, they are too heavy to move by hand. But empty, they are doable.
Having TWO is a very nice thing! If you have one in your deuce, you can pump/siphon it to the second tank on the ground.

Btw, I have a lot because I will leave a tote at a ranch that also has a forklift. When it gets full, I take them an empty tote and use their forklift to load the full tote into my deuce. Then I pump it out of that tank into the ones I have on the ground at home.

Btw, a word of warning, fill the tank with water, then TEST that ball valve! They don't always close all the way, and having it do that with it full of WMO is a serious MESS!

Oh, getting the ones like that with the metal bottom is also a very nice thing. They are a lot stronger then the ones on a wood pallet, and they don't rot or get mushy either.

Hammer

Update for me.
Got back late last night after a long couple days of driving.
Went down to CA to get the last deuce. It had bad seals, and I knew the bearings were not that great. I replaced the seals, repacked the bearings and had it all loaded up and ready to go.
Started driving off, the bearings were pretty warm. Decided to drive a few miles at full speed to see just how hot they would get (it was in the 100 degree range at the ranch there, so stuff was already pretty darn HOT in the sun!)
Well, a couple miles later, the stitching on the soft top decided to give out! It started peeling up from the middle, making a big swollen soft top, YIKES! It ripped itself off all the way to each end of the windshield, but didn't come all the way off.
Pulled over, and checked the wheel bearings, they were not HOT.
Guess it wasn't going to make the trip home this time. Now I need to find some cheaper wheel bearings to replace all wheel bearings on both rear axles....

So, I will have the 818 with trailer in the convoy.
I HOPE to have the M1009 going for Danielle to drive in the convoy as well. Not 100% on that, but it does look likely.

Josh

I was able to slide one of those completely full of water in the bed of the deuce, sorta. But when fully loaded, they weigh a good 2500lbs. So let me make sure . I need to bring one for scott, and one for Reo? Anyone else want one? Need to know by 10am tomorrow. I aint making anything on this, but do accept donations in the form of liquid bread:)beer:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks