• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Polaris MRZR-D4

Kdeen

Nice, did you pick it up already? I just ordered yesterday the service manual (yes polaris sells them) and suppose to receive it on saturday. I am still waiting for my EUC to be released. Uffff, i am eager to have it already.
We picked it up Monday, I've had it on my rack inspecting it since then. It looks to be in good condition, no rust, plastics are bleached but that's to be expected. They've got heavy plastic skid plates underneath and mine had tons of sand on top of them, so we're cleaning and greasing everything. I'm currently running down filters to do a full service, and will check all other wear parts to see if they need replacement. The brake pads definitely look suspect, I'm hoping the Brutus, Ranger or Rzr pads interchange.

Edit: on the EUC note, it took nearly seven weeks to get mine after the auction house submitted it to the military. It was my first demilitarized purchase so maybe yours will come more quickly.

Kdeen

I just spoke to a Kohler engine rep, she said the kdw993t engines were only made for the the US government so the literature is restricted. Luckily the kdw1003 is nearly identical, just a little larger displacement, lacks the turbo and is EPA compliant. She said the service manual for that engine applies to the 993 except where they obviously differ, so it can be of good use, here's the link to the download page:

KDW1003 | Diesel Liquid-Cooled | KOHLER (kohlerenergy.com)

Also, if you have the 993t engine serial number you can use their online parts catalog to look up any engine parts. She assured me that these ARE available from any Kohler dealer, here's the link:

Partners - Global Parts Lookup (kohlerpower.it)

I got the oil filter number off there, its a Kohler ED0021752850-S, that crosses to a Napa 1083 filter. I'll have one later today; I'll update the post if it's correct.

Kdeen

Nice, did you pick it up already? I just ordered yesterday the service manual (yes polaris sells them) and suppose to receive it on saturday. I am still waiting for my EUC to be released. Uffff, i am eager to have it already.
I've checked with Polaris and they said the service manuals aren't available, if you get one please post it on here.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We picked it up Monday, I've had it on my rack inspecting it since then. It looks to be in good condition, no rust, plastics are bleached but that's to be expected. They've got heavy plastic skid plates underneath and mine had tons of sand on top of them, so we're cleaning and greasing everything. I'm currently running down filters to do a full service, and will check all other wear parts to see if they need replacement. The brake pads definitely look suspect, I'm hoping the Brutus, Ranger or Rzr pads interchange.

Edit: on the EUC note, it took nearly seven weeks to get mine after the auction house submitted it to the military. It was my first demilitarized purchase so maybe yours will come more quickly.
When was your purchase date? I purcahse on february 14 or 22nd but GP dod not submit the EUC until like march 12 or so.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've checked with Polaris and they said the service manuals aren't available, if you get one please post it on here.
Yes, i got it today, trying to find a way to scan all that. It is a heavy and looks well documented service manual including the engine.

Attachments

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Check these to see if there is any info here that might help you with the pads.

Attachments

Kdeen

I just spoke to a Kohler engine rep, she said the kdw993t engines were only made for the the US government so the literature is restricted. Luckily the kdw1003 is nearly identical, just a little larger displacement, lacks the turbo and is EPA compliant. She said the service manual for that engine applies to the 993 except where they obviously differ, so it can be of good use, here's the link to the download page:

KDW1003 | Diesel Liquid-Cooled | KOHLER (kohlerenergy.com)

Also, if you have the 993t engine serial number you can use their online parts catalog to look up any engine parts. She assured me that these ARE available from any Kohler dealer, here's the link:

Partners - Global Parts Lookup (kohlerpower.it)

I got the oil filter number off there, its a Kohler ED0021752850-S, that crosses to a Napa 1083 filter. I'll have one later today; I'll update the post if it's correct.
So the Napa filter 1083 worked fine, slightly different dimensions than the Kohler but I've always had good service from their filters. I did a little research and found Shell Rotella T6 15w40 oil matches the grade that Kohler recommends, plus I heard good things from the UTV shops I spoke to. The fuel/water seperator seemed fine so I just drained it. The air filter was a mess, the dust out of it mounded up a half inch in my shop floor, definitely clean or replace. There's only a couple grease fittings that I could find, both on the driveshafts, but I hit all the pivot points with silicon lubricant. I'll be servicing the transaxle and front diff tomorrow, will probably use Polaris brand fluids. Other than that everything looks great, the rig was dusty as all get out but looks to have been well-maintained. Hopefully the other units being sold are as solid or more so.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the Napa filter 1083 worked fine, slightly different dimensions than the Kohler but I've always had good service from their filters. I did a little research and found Shell Rotella T6 15w40 oil matches the grade that Kohler recommends, plus I heard good things from the UTV shops I spoke to. The fuel/water seperator seemed fine so I just drained it. The air filter was a mess, the dust out of it mounded up a half inch in my shop floor, definitely clean or replace. There's only a couple grease fittings that I could find, both on the driveshafts, but I hit all the pivot points with silicon lubricant. I'll be servicing the transaxle and front diff tomorrow, will probably use Polaris brand fluids. Other than that everything looks great, the rig was dusty as all get out but looks to have been well-maintained. Hopefully the other units being sold are as solid or more so.
In regards to the oil, the manual calls for 5W-40 instead 15W-40. I will post some specs here in the mid time so you can take a look at it.
Edit:typos

Attachments

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
In regards to the oil, the manual calls for 5W-40 instead 15W-40. I will psot some specs gere in the mid time so you can take a look at it.
If you could be without the book for a couple of weeks, I am willing to cut the spine off, scan it, then put it back together and ship it back to you...

Kdeen

In regards to the oil, the manual calls for 5W-40 instead 15W-40. I will psot some specs gere in the mid time so you can take a look at it.
The Kohler engine manual
Thanks for that, I live in south GA so it stays warm year round, 15w is preferred by most people in this climate over 5w. Still, I might switch it up for the winter. I see the T6 comes in 5w40 as well, might just change to that viscosity on my next service

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Kohler engine manual

Thanks for that, I live in south GA so it stays warm year round, 15w is preferred by most people in this climate over 5w. Still, I might switch it up for the winter. I see the T6 comes in 5w40 as well, might just change to that viscosity on my next service
Great brother!!! Post some pictures as you go, i am eager to have mine released and picked up/delivered.
Might try to get it street legals as well, let's se how that goes. 🤔

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks