• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once Again

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Remind me to tell you the story about the private I trained in basic training.
He was sent to me because the Drill Sergeant he was assigned to thought he was untrainable...after he cut the wrong end of his belt off (brass tip) TWICE!!!

It took me awhile to get his attention but once I got it he turned out to be a very good soldier.

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

Did a major beating come in into any of this training - Swiss must have not paid attention to the BODY SHOP PAINTER fella when I cut the first one -
But that beating above looks pertinent to the treaterary that took place to that peaceful piece of cable and clamps I handed him.

I get that deer in the headlight look all the time - that is why they called the early revolution folks the 3% percenters ----- ahhh some will get it and some will not.

zout

Kent - Swiss is good for opening my beers when he is around - not much for filling the fridge though.

M909A2 ATC hauler has new rubber all around including a spare that needs to mounted once I make the mount - all the brakes bled with assistance of Zout2 - now to put that emergency lever back together and it will be one bodacious hauler for CAMO.

I did stand and stare at Swiss's trailer for a while now that the fire debris is all cleaned up. Should have thrown all these spare tires off the ATC in the heap and got rid of them as well.

zout

Seeing how Swiss destroyed a tailgate cable - its replacement is now done (with Swiss MIA I remind you) and here is how the system looks.

Figured as I was freezing my tail off anyhow - get the emergency surge brake lever back in place - wheels all torqued down - I will spray them other 3 rims later when the paint does not freeze coming out of the gun. Sure is a nice M909A2 ATC - I measured and the BIG GRILLE for August will fit on there perfectly. Even room for the pig to ride along.My new Company phone camera sucks and NO that is not pinkIMG00011.jpgIMG00012.jpgIMG00013.jpgIMG00014.jpgIMG00015.jpgIMG00016.jpgIMG00017.jpgIMG00018.jpgIMG00019.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Pink looks great on your trailer. You should do some accents with the pink color on the fenders to go along with the storage box. Good thing I was not there to do some spraying with the Pink Spray gun!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay we need some updates!!!

Talked to the sawmill yesterday as many of you know it has rained for 8 days straight in GA so today is the first sunny day and will allow the red oak to be pulled out of the kiln. That being done then they need about 3-4 days to get the rough cut to the right size.
Commander Z had an interesting idea on the wooden slat railings that we are going to try and pull off, I need to get some more components to make this happen.

Just got my new Ax handle for the pioneer rack as my 8 year old decided he was going to split some wood and took out the ax handle. Luckily mom did not know what was going on. :(

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did you swage the cable loops? I'd like to add something like that to my trlr. Looking good on all accounts.

zout

Yup - Swiss wants me no where around wood - Zout only burns wood.
Swiss got the trailer tow chains to length last night and proceeded to load up the remainder of his left overs. Got him some of that Floor Restore Epoxy for his wood when its done before mounting time - same stuff I used on PB's WC flooring.

That trailer will look absolutely sweet behind the CUCV when its in full new wood display.

Get Debs jeep back in the garage and will get started on the rear hitch of the M909 now that the M909 ATC is complete. Will be raising a TOAST to the M43B1 as well. The more you know of a vehicle the more memories we get from them - how PB speaks of the Proud American along with Tony & Troy becomes more self evident.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hats off to Commander Z and big thank you's!!! Trailer is heading home to get wood working phase! Best Christmas present yet :)

Sweeeeeeetttttttt

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387568790.074038.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387568804.473038.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387568816.006126.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387568826.523676.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387568839.489693.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387568850.972902.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387568865.639605.jpg

Best

zout

Another mighty fine piece of military history leaving the Zout compound. Sure will be eye catching with that wood on it and sealed - that is the hardest part and glad I had no part in hacking it up.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I worked quite a bit this weekend on the wooden frame.

1.) Cut all wood to length
2.) Routed all edges with 1/8 curved edge
3.) Drilled holes and test assembled the top bows

I did not get a chance to take any pictures but it is looking good. Lots of work to get this done right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks