• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RED diesel fuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't matter is Santa Claus himself, gave you the truck with red fuel in it.

It will be you, who pays the fines. No excuses.

natem

I'll throw my 2 cents in.

1. I understand you will be fined $5,000.00 and the one who supplied the fuel will get the same fine.

2. It is a federal crime (tax evasion).

3. The likelihood of the average person getting dipped is low, commercial or farm is more likely.

RobM36A2

Overhere, when you get dipped with Red or offroad diesel, Its going to cost €4.60 x tank capacity and 100% of the taxes you did not pay for them. and about 66% of the diesel cost is taxes here.

One advantage here in Holland, red or offroad diesel has been canceled, if you want to run cheap diesel, log the litres and try to get the taxes back when it is time for the tax returns.

Some guy offered me red diesel a few days ago to run in my Deuce. I politely refused, because running it now in any on- or offroad vehicle is illegal.. Considered 190 litres of tank capacity x €4.60 plus the taxes for that much fuel.. The moneypit is deep enough as it is now.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. I understand you will be fined $5,000.00 and the one who supplied the fuel will get the same fine.
I don't understand that statement. How can the person that sells off-road fuel possibly control what you put the fuel in? I could understand if they knowingly watched you pour off-road into a road vehicle but if you put it in a container to take home I don't see how they could be held responsible.

The bottom line is don't run dyed fuel. If you are determined to run it anyway at least don't post your illegal activities here.

natem

Perhaps I should have been more precise, If they knowingly dispense or allow you to dispense into an on road vehicle. At my local fuel stop they will not allow off road in any vehicle that is driven into the station. (other than a transport tank)

And yes it applies to the seller if they know of the dyed fuel. (technically)

My point being, DON'T run off road diesel in your on road truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.