• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote Brake Fluid Reservoir

asgtoolman

I'm all for the reservoir in the corner of the cab; MIGHTY easy to check fluid every time you climb in.
If you go on firewall, you can tell exactly where heater duct penetrates firewall. Should be a cover plate over the hole if my memory is correct.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning folks Because I am from ND (its cold) I installed my heater kit for my Deuce IN the cab NOT in the engine bay, it installs very nicely under the glove box and it a very nice way to do, point it into the diverter and it installed very nicely this way, if its cold where you live this will allow the heater to operate a whole lot more efficiently than if you locate it under the hood Good luck!
KK

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tin I would be happy to get some pics for you and post them tomorrow. The install is pretty straight forward, virtually everything goes according to the plans Except the placement of the heater itself. If you do this you will need to pull the Glove box insert OUT then pull the aircleaner cannister off, all the wiring etc. still goes exactly the normal as designed way. You are going to need to drill a hole in the firewall for the heater hoses to go through but they are easily located around the backside of the air cleaner cannister. The job is pretty easy Tinwoodsman and it works really well. Do you have an email address I can send these pics to directly? Let me know Tin.

KK

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The summit kits are great. When you install it, don't use a swivel brass fitting on the master cylinder plug. They leak after awhile giving a false indication of a brake problem. (use a solid fitting).

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked high and low for a swivel fitting and finally bought a solid fitting in its place when I could not find one. That is good to know now.

yolner

Planning my remote res and just wondering what's the correct type of hose to use from the res to the MC? Looking at the McMaster-Carr catalog and just can't decide which type to go with.

yolner

Here's a picture of what I put together out of 4" PVC and a bunch of fittings. Going to paint it later when I finalize the design. Now I'm struggling with how to mount it in the cab. Planning on having it on the cab wall left of the driver's seat. What would you recommend I use for a bracket?

Attachments

camoyj7

I went to the local junk yard and grabbed a remote clutch reservoir off a honda. I replaced the vent line with a 90% fitting and used the short hose that came with the reservoir. It's great having it now I can check the fluid level everyday before I drive it.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, that's almost exactly the same way I did my XM813 last year. Right in the corner next to the driver's seat so I see it every time I get into the truck. I only keep fluid in it up to the top of the clear tubing, don't need to fill the reservoir.

Some of the kits I've seen include a cap for the vent tube. From what I can gather, the master cylinder vent line can terminate in a couple of different places. One of which could be the fuel vent line (which is bad.)
I intend to remove mine from wherever it terminates if I can get to it, but as long as you cap it I doubt there's harm in leaving it.
Disclaimer: I'm no expert.

Last edited: